Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The trailer hardly is sufficient evidence to say that
    Yet there's sufficient evidence for your countless assumptions. How hypocritical. This is from the same production company that made Get Out, which was one of the highest rated movies ever. They made liberals out to be the bad guys in that film as well.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

Yet there's sufficient evidence for your countless assumptions. How hypocritical. This is from the same production company that made Get Out, which was one of the highest rated movies ever. They made liberals out to be the bad guys in that film as well.
      That's not true. Get Out was a very good horror film but it was hardly "...
      one of the highest rated movies ever."

I think a comment by one of the people on the Oscar committee (anonymous) sums it up nicely:

was that instead of focusing on the fact that this was an entertaining little horror movie that made quite a bit of money, they started trying to suggest it had deeper meaning than it does, and, as far as I'm concerned, they played the race card, and that really turned me off.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Out

I personally haven't seen it as I'm not into horror movies.

Comment

I noticed Fox News was crawling all over it. I wished they hadn't. I saw their first blurb and knew within two internet searches that the film wasn't glorifying murdering conservatives. If I could sort it out that fast, there's no reason they couldn't. I think the politics in the movie are sophomoric but hardly partisan. And the thought of some viewers who actually would get off on seeing Trump voters get shot are then stuck watching as the protagonists start picking off their team would be amusing.

It is amusing satire on a number of levels. The notion that you could FIND a trust fund dilletante capable of bowhunting so much as a lame elephant by itself makes the movie premise kind of funny and hardly an "oh my gosh this could happen for real" kind of horror. This ain't your grandpappy's Downton Abbey. Millennial money doesn't hunt. If rich leftists tried it for real they'd be griping about not having 4g service within 30 minutes, covered in poison ivy within two hours, and probably need a rescue without ever sighting their quarry.

​​​​
        Last edited by Pirateship1982; 11 Aug 19, 02:54.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
          I noticed Fox News was crawling all over it. I wished they hadn't. I saw their first blurb and knew within two internet searches that the film wasn't glorifying murdering conservatives. If I could sort it out that fast, there's no reason they couldn't. I think the politics in the movie are sophomoric but hardly partisan. And the thought of some viewers who actually would get off on seeing Trump voters get shot are then stuck watching as the protagonists start picking off their team would be amusing.

It is amusing satire on a number of levels. The notion that you could FIND a trust fund dilletante capable of bowhunting so much as a lame elephant by itself makes the movie premise kind of funny and hardly an "oh my gosh this could happen for real" kind of horror. This ain't your grandpappy's Downton Abbey. Millennial money doesn't hunt. If rich leftists tried it for real they'd be griping about not having 4g service within 30 minutes, covered in poison ivy within two hours, and probably need a rescue without ever sighting their quarry.

​​​​

Comment

That's not true. Get Out was a very good horror film but it was hardly "...
            one of the highest rated movies ever."

I think a comment by one of the people on the Oscar committee (anonymous) sums it up nicely:

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][SIZE=14px]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Out

I personally haven't seen it as I'm not into horror movies.
            It is one of the highest rated movies ever according to rotten tomato.

Anyway, I'm starting to notice a trend here of you forming strong opinions on things you know nothing about. Typical of all Trump supporters in general. In one sentence you're arguing that it was a good movie, but not the best. Then you later admit to never seeing it. You have not had a clue as to what you're talking about since page 1 of this thread.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The movie hasn't been released, meaning most if not all of the Rotten Tomato crowd calling it good are doing the exact same thing.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

It is one of the highest rated movies ever according to rotten tomato.

Anyway, I'm starting to notice a trend here of you forming strong opinions on things you know nothing about. Typical of all Trump supporters in general. In one sentence you're arguing that it was a good movie, but not the best. Then you later admit to never seeing it. You have not had a clue as to what you're talking about since page 1 of this thread.
                So one site rates it highly. That is hardly a ringing endorsement of it.

As for the ad hominem that follows meh...

Comment

The movie hasn't been released, meaning most if not all of the Rotten Tomato crowd calling it good are doing the exact same thing.
                  Get Out was released in 2017
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I could dive deeper, but there's no point in arguing over a movie you don't know anything about.
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Get Out.

Comment

officially sanctioned death hunt
                        By which official MM?
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Get Out.
                          Whoops. Thought the comment was on The Hunt. That's what I get for posting late.

Comment

It is if you understand how Rotten Tomatoes works. Rotten Tomatoes doesn't rate movies itself. It's an aggregate site. It collects hundreds of reviews from a variety of different sources to average a score for the reviewed movies. So in the case of Get Out they looked at 354 published reviews which gave it a 98% Fresh Score. Reviews by individuals on the site were also overwhelmingly postive.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/get_out#contentReviews

How they determine the score:.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/about...thetomatometer

Get Out was very highly rated and reviewed when it came out. IMO rightly so.

Comment

I noticed Fox News was crawling all over it. I wished they hadn't. I saw their first blurb and knew within two internet searches that the film wasn't glorifying murdering conservatives.
                              Thank you for applying critical thinking and researching the story further.
                              If I could sort it out that fast, there's no reason they couldn't.
                              Fox isn't in the business of finding the truth, they're in the business of spreading conspiracy theories and disinformation. Fox and republican elitists have learned they can get people to support corporate polices by scaring them and lying to them.
                              Everything RW is geared toward paranoia, fear, conspiracy theory, disinformation and scaring the crap out of the audience......all for a vote.

Comment

After the Captain Marvel fiasco (which they intentionally deleted low-rating comments in favor of keeping higher-rating ones), I've had validation on ignoring anything that comes from Rotten Tomatoes.
                                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X