Hollywood Going Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
    The movies release has been cancelled maybe for good due to the backlash about the sickening plot theme.
    If it were about White right wingers instead hunting down snowflake liberals or Blacks in the ghetto no one would consider making a movie about that.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...icant-backlash
    It wouldn't be a movie, it would be a documentaries.
    Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Trailer for those interested:
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8IifEu67yU

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
        From what I heard I the synopsis the Trump voters turn the tables on them as the movie progresses. It sounds like a cookie cutter survival horror a la Most Dangerous Game with politics thrown in for the heck of it. It plays to both cliches: with the leftists portrayed as out of touch elites and the right as racists. I would've watched it, MST3K snark fully loaded.

"And the leftist gunmen were defeated when the Trumpers called point of personal privilege and said that loud noises are triggering."

"Quick, hold up a gun free zone sign! They think bullets don't work in there!"
        Doesn't sound like anything worth getting butthurt about to me.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

You are using a using a faulty generalization via false equivalence. Movies about enslaving and killing Blacks, assuming they are based on some historical premise or facts, has nothing to do and cannot be compared to a movie that is about rich Progressives and Leftists killing "Deplorables" for sport. This is something that has never happened.
          Now, while the later premise, the rich killing humans for sport, has been done in literature and movies before, the novel thing in the current offering is that it is politically specific about who is doing the killing and who is getting killed.
          The counter example might be a movie made where a militia group of rich Whites set up a site to hunt minorities, Leftists, and others who are opposed to their political agenda. How would that go over as a movie plot?

My bet is that the movie got pulled not for the plot and premise, but because it was likely people would come away thinking how horrible rich Progressives are rather than emphasizing with them that they are doing the world some sort of favor.
          I'd be fine with it, if they weren't portrayed as heroes.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Actually looks good now that it’s not a snuff film for liberals.

Comment

As I stated from the start, this was an emotional overreaction from the PC right. Condemning and censoring a movie despite not knowing what the damn thing was even about. In actuality it would have brought both sides together, but the PC crowd can't have that.

And now that I think about it. I would love to see a movie based on black wall street. One that showed whites hunting minorities in their communities and burning down their businesses. I think there's a lot of positives that could be taken away from such movies.
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I'd be fine with it, if they weren't portrayed as heroes.
                I suspect, now that I can't review the video, that those hunted are all White, portrayed as on the dumb side, racist, having "Southern" accents, etc., while the rich Progressives are a mix ethnically and other than being evil are smart, and self-assured in their actions.

Since the video trailer is gone, I can't say any of that for sure but it fits the typical pattern for Hollywood.

The problem with the movie wasn't the premise. That's been done repeatedly. It's the very obvious overt political message in the movie that's the problem.

Comment

I suspect, now that I can't review the video, that those hunted are all White, portrayed as on the dumb side, racist, having "Southern" accents, etc., while the rich Progressives are a mix ethnically and other than being evil are smart, and self-assured in their actions.

Since the video trailer is gone, I can't say any of that for sure but it fits the typical pattern for Hollywood.

The problem with the movie wasn't the premise. That's been done repeatedly. It's the very obvious overt political message in the movie that's the problem.
                  More assumptions after already being wrong the first time. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Or, cry again in this case.

Judging by the trailer all of the hunters and those being hunted were white. Does that make the movie politically correct enough for you yet?
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

More assumptions after already being wrong the first time. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Or, cry again in this case.

Judging by the trailer all of the hunters and those being hunted were white. Does that make the movie politically correct enough for you yet?
                    I can no longer view the trailer, neither can you, so I have no way of knowing for sure what the movie does in terms of it's characters.

Comment

I can no longer view the trailer, neither can you, so I have no way of knowing for sure what the movie does in terms of it's characters.
                      This is the internet, nothing is ever completely removed. Someone reposted the trailer earlier in the thread. Please view it and see if it's politically correct enough for you. My guess is, you'll find something else that's supposedly offensive.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

CarpeDiem posted the trailer on his post.

Comment

Okay, I rewatched the trailer on Carp's link. The hunted are all White and have accents for the most part, at least in the trailer. The lead female seems to be a female version of say characters like Bruce Willis' John McClane or Uma Thurman's The Bride from Kill Bill. Nothing new there, the typical underdog who is underestimated by the bad guys repeatedly.

The rich Liberals hunting them does include at least one Black female and likely has others in the cast that are minorities.

On the whole, just another poor plot action movie really. But, its release is horribly timed politically.

Comment

So the cast has to be all white? There is only one black woman and she isn't seen in the hunts. So the main characters might fit your preference of being all white. The timing is actually perfect, the country needed a political movie with a positive message that caused both sides to look in the mirror.

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Good article on the movie:

At the intersection of post-shooting panic and our hyperpartisan culture wars, the film The Hunt was struck by a semi-truck of stupid outrage and cancelled.

The Hunt, an R-rated violent satire of the very attitudes that ended up destroying it, is based on the well-worn horror trope of people hunting other people for sport. The twistfor The Hunt is that the hunters are rich urban elites (read: liberals) hunting average Joes with accents from flyover territory (read: conservatives). The movie comes from Blumhouse Productions, the same folks behind the Purge series and Get Out, which also involve the privileged violently taking advantage and killing the less privileged.

In movies like this, the audience is expected to identify with and cheer for the people being hunted. The elite liberals are the bad guys of the movie. They are hunting down and murdering conservatives because of their opinions.

Yet somehow, thanks to Fox coverage and some subsequent tweets from President Donald Trump, the movie's concept was twisted into an idea that Hollywood wanted us to be rooting for murderous elites. The Daily Beast notes that The Hunt has been the subject of at least 21 segments on Fox News and Fox Business Network (including reruns), and that these reports have generally assumed that the movie is a celebration of murdering conservatives:

This is stupid snowflake nonsense from right-wing pundits—and probably just the pundits. (Are any conservatives who don't make a living off the televised culture war offended by the film?) It is as inane as blaming video games for real-world violence.
                              https://reason.com/2019/08/10/a-viol...s-culture-war/

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So the cast has to be all white? There is only one black woman and she isn't seen in the hunts. So the main characters might fit your preference of being all white. The timing is actually perfect, the country needed a political movie with a positive message that caused both sides to look in the mirror.
                                The trailer hardly is sufficient evidence to say that. We don't know the whole movie. Either way, my point was that the movie stereotypes the two sides in the usual manner of such movies. The bad guys seem intellectual, smart, and supremely confident. The hero is the ill-mannered, mumbly, sort for whom everything goes wrong but in the end he / she prevails against the odds.

All just a standard trope. If anything if this movie were released it'd be on DVD PDQ and on late night television soon after. This isn't high brow movie making. It isn't even really good movie making. It's your typical low budget action flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X