Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood Going Extreme

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hollywood Going Extreme

    A new movie to be released in September. It's supposedly about liberal elites that hunt deplorables.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqCjai8LDo
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      How about zombies who eat radicals, instead?
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

      Comment


      • #4
        The movies release has been cancelled maybe for good due to the backlash about the sickening plot theme.
        If it were about White right wingers instead hunting down snowflake liberals or Blacks in the ghetto no one would consider making a movie about that.

        https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...icant-backlash

        Comment


        • #5
          Says something about the greed mindset of Hollywoody though, doesn't it...
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Hard to judge a movie we haven't seen. It's listed as satire, so there's no telling what the spin or message would have been.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

            The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

            Comment


            • #7
              They have no problems with this sort of thing however...







              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                Hard to judge a movie we haven't seen. It's listed as satire, so there's no telling what the spin or message would have been.
                The clear message staed by the producers iss hunting down and killing deplorables in an officially sanctioned death hunt. Nothing humorous or socially acceptable anywhere in there. And it's a rip-off the "Purge" series, basically pro-anarchy.

                Try launching a film based on hunting down and killing Democrats, (or substitute the group of your choice, like...say...politicians) call it "satire", and let me know how well that goes.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  The clear message staed by the producers iss hunting down and killing deplorables in an officially sanctioned death hunt. Nothing humorous or socially acceptable anywhere in there. And it's a rip-off the "Purge" series, basically pro-anarchy.

                  Try launching a film based on hunting down and killing Democrats, (or substitute the group of your choice, like...say...politicians) call it "satire", and let me know how well that goes.
                  It's important to point out the movie is satire as it suggests the story's plot isn't to be taken seriously. What's possible is that they show how ridiculous it is to 'hunt' deplorables, or be so divisive in general. The 'privileged' doing the hunting could turn out to be the bad guys and ultimately deliver a message of unity at the end. But, we'll never know because PC culture shut it down before we had a chance to see what it was truly about and judge accordingly.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

                  The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
                    The movies release has been cancelled maybe for good due to the backlash about the sickening plot theme.
                    If it were about White right wingers instead hunting down snowflake liberals or Blacks in the ghetto no one would consider making a movie about that.

                    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...icant-backlash
                    There have been plenty of movies about enslaving and killing blacks. But those movies were never pro slavery and instead showed how terrible those acts were. Why would it be bad if this movie had similar intentions. What you're suggesting is that it's ok to display blacks in vulnerable positions, but not whites.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

                    The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      A new movie to be released in September. It's supposedly about liberal elites that hunt deplorables.

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqCjai8LDo
                      That's not what the movie is about. That's a radical conspiracy theory pushed by carnival barkers. Thanks to those carnival barkers, the movie now has been canceled for release.

                      Too many snowlfakes in America believing anything they hear on the radio/TV

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

                        There have been plenty of movies about enslaving and killing blacks. But those movies were never pro slavery and instead showed how terrible those acts were. Why would it be bad if this movie had similar intentions. What you're suggesting is that it's ok to display blacks in vulnerable positions, but not whites.
                        You are using a using a faulty generalization via false equivalence. Movies about enslaving and killing Blacks, assuming they are based on some historical premise or facts, has nothing to do and cannot be compared to a movie that is about rich Progressives and Leftists killing "Deplorables" for sport. This is something that has never happened.
                        Now, while the later premise, the rich killing humans for sport, has been done in literature and movies before, the novel thing in the current offering is that it is politically specific about who is doing the killing and who is getting killed.
                        The counter example might be a movie made where a militia group of rich Whites set up a site to hunt minorities, Leftists, and others who are opposed to their political agenda. How would that go over as a movie plot?

                        My bet is that the movie got pulled not for the plot and premise, but because it was likely people would come away thinking how horrible rich Progressives are rather than emphasizing with them that they are doing the world some sort of favor.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What is amusing about this whole debate is how those protesting the movie complete miss the main plot point as the film's central story is about how on one of the hunted "deplorables" fights back, turns the tables on the hunters and kills those elite hunting her. The hunted are the heroes and sympathetic charactres of this movie, not the elite hunters.

                          The film follows twelve strangers, referred to as "deplorables" in the trailer, who mysteriously wake up in a clearing.[2][3][4] They do not know where they are or how they got there. They discover that they have been chosen to be hunted in a game devised by a group of rich elites.[2][5] The hunters gather in a remote facility called the Manor House, but their sport gets derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal (Gilpin), fights back and starts killing them one by one.[6]
                          Seems rather "pro-deplorable" after all doesn't it?

                          The story's nothing new either, being a take on the short story and movie from 1920's and 1930's called "The Most Dangerous Game."

                          This news item is a prime example of a tempest in a tea pot in which people project their own beliefs and prejudices on a movie/book/TV show having little idea what it's really about.

                          It won't be the first time this happens and it won't be the last.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Interestingly, the video has disappeared from YouTube...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              From what I heard I the synopsis the Trump voters turn the tables on them as the movie progresses. It sounds like a cookie cutter survival horror a la Most Dangerous Game with politics thrown in for the heck of it. It plays to both cliches: with the leftists portrayed as out of touch elites and the right as racists. I would've watched it, MST3K snark fully loaded.

                              "And the leftist gunmen were defeated when the Trumpers called point of personal privilege and said that loud noises are triggering."

                              "Quick, hold up a gun free zone sign! They think bullets don't work in there!"
                              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X