Time To Clear The Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Those were important woman of history that I listed that were in a leadership role. But you’re right though that they were not manual laborers. That said I did show in this thread that in The Us during the world war two era and beyond that women worked the steel and auto jobs. The first point shows us that women have been looked up to as leaders in history and the second point shows us that women have contributed to the labor force Right here in United States in the 1940s and 1950s.

Some of your other points in this thread about movies and videogames I partially agree with that. It seems that too many of our movies today glorify the wrong things. We need more films that pay homage to the great men and women of history such as Braveheart, or saving Private Ryan....These are motivational films that make people feel good and we need those types of films because they also preach very good values
    Totally agree. What young people are seeing today is that crime not only pays, it pays extremely well.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

It is if it's from a liberal arts engineering school. They are engineering programs that are wholly housed in liberal arts universities.
      MASENNA ATTE3NDED WEST Point, Nikki
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

A series of off topic posts and responses were removed. West Point is not the subject of this thread. Neither is trying to troll other members by discussing it.
        Get back on topic please
        thank you
        ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Good points here. What would you say to the idea that in some sense The United States should go back in time and we should just forget about these robots taking over jobs and instead let’s put humans into those jobs?

I have also heard this idea that The United States is turning into a service country. I think that this can’ be a bad turnout what do you feel? Look at our past when Americans black-and-white and also women were working steel and auto jobs from those jobs they became stronger... they weren’t lazy. The service industry does not require a lot of lifting though. In addition with the service industry the idea is you are serving other people but with the steel and auto jobs your job contributes to the military and into making our entire country a better place by improving our roads and bridges.

The thing is we still need steel and auto in our world so I see no reason for the USA to get away from the steel and auto jobs

furthermore do you think our country will ever have another Henry Ford that is to say a man or woman who wants to get ultra rich but also who wants to make their country better? It seems we need another great industrialist or pioneer if you will that has a vision that includes not just themself but also millions of Americans having a good job

Apologies for any typos as this message was provided via iPhone
          Interesting. Are you offering Henry Ford as an example worthy of emulation ?

Adolf Hitler thought he was great.
          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Because the assembly line was essential to the Reich's plans, and because reducing humans to mere cogs in a machine was part of the Nazi ideal.

Stalin would have liked Ford just as much.

Comment

As a staff request to get back on topic and move on from the West Point discussion was ignored several posts were deleted and the member who first ignored the staff request will have some time off.

Next time the thread gets locked
              thank you
              ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Hitler liked a ton of people that Americans, Spaniards and more respected. To that point the worst Christian and Muslim criminals of history admired Jesus and Muhammad.

If some criminal said he liked George Washington, so be it...I still like George Washington regardless of whom likes him, same for many figures of history. But you raise a fair point as always. And I owe you my thoughts even if we disagree.

Ford like Trump did with Muslims has said the wrong things at time. That said Jews worked for Henry Ford, there was a report of Ford going to bat for a Jewish manager at a German Ford plant in the early Third Reich. Donald Trump said I think Islam hates us but men say things they later regret, whether its Ford or Trump and many others. All sorts of Americans worked for Ford so Henry Ford is the American to emulate, I would say that. And to this day Ford has monuments all over this country, and thats a good thing. This thread talks about challenges facing the USA, I think jobs are the greatest challenge facing us and thats why I brought in FDR, Ford and so much more that I think we should do to address the concerns raised by the OP.
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

With Henry Ford its tale of a hero that redeemed himself,

Henry Ford is one of my heros. Because of Ford my dad, Uncle, my friends brother, my friends step dad all worked at or currently work for Ford Motor company. Ford was back in the day, one of the greatest jobs anyone anywhere in the world could have...we are talking after 90 days on the job in the 1970s you were making 30$ an hour and in a place like Buffalo thats a good middle class salary. With overtime folks could make alot. The steel workers could make even more money back in the day. We need these middle class jobs in our country, and one idea is to have cleaner plants in going forward. Bottom line the middle class jobs have to be strong in the USA or we will keep on getting more poor and with that will come more crime.

On June 30, 1927, Henry Ford released a letter under his signature that apologized for dozens of anti-Semitic articles that appeared in Ford's newspaper,The Dearborn Independent, from 1920 to 1925. Some of these articles were later re-published in pamphlets titled The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem.

Here is an excerpt from Henry Ford's apology:
                  For some time past I have given consideration to the series of articles concerning Jews which since 1920 have appeared in The Dearborn Independent. Some of them have been reprinted in pamphlet form under the title "The International Jew." Although both publications are my property, it goes without saying that in the multitude of my activities it has been impossible for me to devote personal attention to their management or to keep informed as to their contents. It has therefore inevitably followed that the conduct and policies of these publications had to be delegated to men whom I placed in charge of them and upon whom I relied implicitly....

Those who know me can bear witness that it is not in my nature to inflict insult upon and to occasion pain to anybody, and that it has been my effort to free myself from prejudice. Because of that I frankly confess that I have been greatly shocked as a result of my study and examination of the files of The Dearborn Independent and of the pamphlets entitled "The International Jew." I deem it to be my duty as an honorable man to make amends for the wrong done to the Jews as fellow-men and brothers, by asking their forgiveness for the harm that I have unintentionally committed, by retracting so far as lies within my power the offensive charges laid at their door by these publications, and by giving them the unqualified assurance that henceforth they may look to me for friendship and goodwill...

It is needless to add that the pamphlets which have been distributed throughout the country and in foreign lands will be withdrawn from circulation, that in every way possible I will make it known that they have my unqualified disapproval, and that henceforth The Dearborn Independent will be conducted under such auspices that articles reflecting upon the Jews will never again appear in its columns.

https://reformjudaism.org/blog/2015/...-fords-apology

That is honor and integrity from Henry Ford. Also the great American Robert Byrd apologized for being a member of the KKK and once in his life speaking against black Americans. . And when Byrd passed on we saw that Obama was present at Byrds funeral. Byrd and Ford changed for the better. Has Donald J Trump apologized for his anti Muslim comments? He should its the right thing to do. I have never heard a POTUS make a anti Muslim remark in my countries history until Trump did, makes sense because Muslims and Christians have built empires and are admired worldwide.
                  Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 10 Aug 19, 23:01.

George S Patton

Comment

Btw for clarity. Fords apology to the Jewish people was provided by Louis Marshall, and Ford reviewed and approved of the very apology. So there ya have it folks, that issue is put to rest. I have known of this information but perhaps some others have not. This is why I praise people like Ford, FDR and Robert Byrd they were great Americans. Trump can learn from folks like Ford and Robert Byrd.

In general, Jewish organizations and journals responded with enthusiasm and credulity to Ford’s about-face. So happy did some Jews appear to be to have Henry Ford in their corner that even Louis Marshall, the man who had engineered the apology, expressed his amazement to a colleague at the willingness of some of his co-religionists to “declare … a Mordecai” someone whom “only last week … was regarded as a Hamen.”

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.prem...spew-1.5296102
                    Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 11 Aug 19, 08:55.

George S Patton

Comment

The first sentence of the OP:
                      Instead of arguing and blaming all of the time, why don't we try a discussion centered on what we believe needs to be fixed.
                      The first sentence of the 4th posting:
                      As far as these shootings go, and it is a problem in America in general, I think what we're looking at is the result of a Leftist war on boys, men, and masculinity.
                      It was GOOD to see the totally pavlovian reply: immediately blame someone else.

Especially fun to see that the responsibility apparently does not ly with the perpetrators;
                      odd that this type of reasoning always goes one way, and never the other way.
                      Gotta love the emphatically denied bias.
                      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

The first sentence of the OP:

The first sentence of the 4th posting:

It was GOOD to see the totally pavlovian reply: immediately blame someone else.

Especially fun to see that the responsibility apparently does not ly with the perpetrators;
                        odd that this type of reasoning always goes one way, and never the other way.
                        Gotta love the emphatically denied bias.
                        Boys and men are waging war on leftists?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X