Time To Clear The Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Clear The Air

Instead of arguing and blaming all of the time, why don't we try a discussion centered on what we believe needs to be fixed. For the moment, let's ignore the many obstacles to actually fixing anything and simply focus on what we perceive as the major problem areas facing America today.

I see some of those areas as, in no particular order:

violence , profanity and lack of morality in films, television and video games

schools, at all levels, especially colleges. We need practical education.

lack of vocational training programs such as used to be common in the American schools system.

the removal of religion and things like the Pledge of Allegiance from public entities and sports. ( and yes, I am agnostic but I grew up in the system noted)

ethics, scruples and morals.

the disintegration of the core family unit

cell phones and loss of social skills

poor role models/the glorification of the useless rather than those who create and do

joblessness

the rise of the ultra-rich oligarchy

judicial activism

racism

anti-Americanism

Balkanization:

Balkanize
    [ˈbôlkəˌnīz]
    VERB
    1. divide (a region or body) into smaller mutually hostile states or groups.
      "ambitious neighbors would snatch pieces of territory, Balkanizing the country" ·
    drugs

illegals

constantly increasing taxation without commeasurate return to the citizen (get what you pay for)

needless wars

foreign aid

Hostile politic practices in lieu of actual functional government

need for term limits/reform political office practices

That's my starting list, and I can see it growing longer. What I am hoping for is an open, honest, non-hostile discussion of what you see as problems and what, if anything, you would do to fix them, without regard for the obvious obstacles. just your idea of a solution and how you would see it working out. Hopefully we can clear the air, sort all of this out into meaningful categories and at least share out ideas of how it might be changed.

For example, I listed ethics, morals and scruples. America already practices a massive form of behavior modification and mind control. We call it advertising and we are bombarded with it 24/7. We "need" this, we "have to have" that; we will be smarter, healthier, sexier, happier if we "do this". Why not use that powr to instill better values, patriotism and other needed qualities?

Can't do it, you say? But we already have, especially during WWII. look at the way the films made them presented things to the audience and you will see a very effective propaganda campaign. And our advertising, as mentioned, is nothing more than a form of behavioral modification to create more/more profitable consumers.

Let's make films, TV shows and video games that do not celebrate drug dealers, pimps and murderers as the action hero stars, but instead present law enforcement and the citizenry as the good guys. That's how it used to be.

That's my opening presentation. Not my most polished work, but from the heart, especially the part about discussing without rancor, flaming or political confrontation. It doesn't matter for now who is responsible for what. All parties share blame, as do we ourselves. So how do we fix it?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Planet A there is no planet B

Good list.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It's fine to make a list but prioritizing it is important.

I would also suggest that the list be broken down into who is responsible for what as in Federal, State and local governments all the way down to the individual.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

As far as these shootings go, and it is a problem in America in general, I think what we're looking at is the result of a Leftist war on boys, men, and masculinity.

In our public education system roughly 80% of all teachers are women. In K - 6 it's close to 100%. That's a problem. Boys have no male supervision and get no male role models.

"Free range" kids are a rarity in the US now. Let your kid(s) roam the neighborhood and you're likely to end up arrested. Just letting your kids walk home alone from school can get you arrested some places in the US

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/fre...ry?id=29363859

Schools generally have outlawed all sorts of typical boy's play. Roughhousing, any game involving contact, it's all made verboten.

Then you have the mentality that is pushed on students throughout their school years. You need to go to college. Vocational trades and skills are minimalized in public education. For females, those that can't go to college can still marry "up." That is, they can marry a man who did go to college. Many females go to college taking easier liberal arts degrees but mostly to get an "Mrs" degree. That is, married to a successful college educated male. Boys don't have that option so they are shut out if they can't or won't learn a trade and aren't college material.

There are few all-male institutions and organizations left today and they are typically vilified where they do exist by the MSM and Left.

The "participation trophy" and lack of real competition and challenge in most of society as kids grow up only makes this whole problem larger. For those boys that aren't the "jocks" at their school or top athletes, those that don't excel at STEM education skills, there just isn't anything. They are left with few alternatives and little visible future.

There's a lot of our culture that allows females to simply say that some male did whatever and the male is then put through a Stalinist-Kafkaesque trial. The outcome doesn't matter, the male is ruined for life regardless.

The traditional outlets for surplus male population were typically manual labor and the military (aka war). Those are gone so what do you do with males that aren't likely to marry (being poor husband material by female standards) and can't be productive at a high skill, high education job?
        Well, having them live in their parent's basement while playing video games 24/7 isn't much of an answer.

In my view that's the problem here, not some idiotic idea like evil White Nationalism. In fact, much of the above probably attracts young adult males to radical movements on both fringes. Certainly urban gangs give that same group something they crave: An all-male setting, where physical violence and competition are omnipresent. Gangs also hold initiations and other ritualistic male institutions within them. They make boys into men... evil, criminal men, but men.

So, my view is that these shootings are a result of radical Leftist political views like radical feminism, the rise of the LGBTPDQRSTU movement, and a denigration of traditional male institutions in the name of "Equality."

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          As far as these shootings go, and it is a problem in America in general, I think what we're looking at is the result of a Leftist war on boys, men, and masculinity.

In our public education system roughly 80% of all teachers are women. In K - 6 it's close to 100%. That's a problem. Boys have no male supervision and get no male role models.

"Free range" kids are a rarity in the US now. Let your kid(s) roam the neighborhood and you're likely to end up arrested. Just letting your kids walk home alone from school can get you arrested some places in the US

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/fre...ry?id=29363859

Schools generally have outlawed all sorts of typical boy's play. Roughhousing, any game involving contact, it's all made verboten.

Then you have the mentality that is pushed on students throughout their school years. You need to go to college. Vocational trades and skills are minimalized in public education. For females, those that can't go to college can still marry "up." That is, they can marry a man who did go to college. Many females go to college taking easier liberal arts degrees but mostly to get an "Mrs" degree. That is, married to a successful college educated male. Boys don't have that option so they are shut out if they can't or won't learn a trade and aren't college material.

There are few all-male institutions and organizations left today and they are typically vilified where they do exist by the MSM and Left.

The "participation trophy" and lack of real competition and challenge in most of society as kids grow up only makes this whole problem larger. For those boys that aren't the "jocks" at their school or top athletes, those that don't excel at STEM education skills, there just isn't anything. They are left with few alternatives and little visible future.

There's a lot of our culture that allows females to simply say that some male did whatever and the male is then put through a Stalinist-Kafkaesque trial. The outcome doesn't matter, the male is ruined for life regardless.

The traditional outlets for surplus male population were typically manual labor and the military (aka war). Those are gone so what do you do with males that aren't likely to marry (being poor husband material by female standards) and can't be productive at a high skill, high education job?
          Well, having them live in their parent's basement while playing video games 24/7 isn't much of an answer.

In my view that's the problem here, not some idiotic idea like evil White Nationalism. In fact, much of the above probably attracts young adult males to radical movements on both fringes. Certainly urban gangs give that same group something they crave: An all-male setting, where physical violence and competition are omnipresent. Gangs also hold initiations and other ritualistic male institutions within them. They make boys into men... evil, criminal men, but men.

So, my view is that these shootings are a result of radical Leftist political views like radical feminism, the rise of the LGBTPDQRSTU movement, and a denigration of traditional male institutions in the name of "Equality."
          More BS...I had 2 male teachers from K-9 and two more 10-12. Find an other weak excuse.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

More BS...I had 2 male teachers from K-9 and two more 10-12. Find an other weak excuse.
            It was different back in your school days before the American Civil War.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I had none from K-8, and from 1-8 I was taught by nuns every other year as I went to a Catholic school. In 9-12 I had no female teachers as I went to a Catholic boys' high school.

Most teachers in elementary and middle school are women, and there are quite a few teachers in high school that are women.

I agree with you that it is a weak excuse.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Comment

Maybe you should read some stuff that isn't Leftist:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...t-boys/304659/

https://ardhindie.com/pdf/the-war-against-boys

https://www.amazon.com/Surviving-Fem.../dp/1882342046

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...are-important/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ion-of-america

You are so wrong with your cute but irrelevant personal anecdotes.

Comment

You are so wrong with your cute but irrelevant personal anecdotes.
                    Personal experience is relevant-and it's a primary source of information.

It certainly is much better than sweeping statements that are not accurate.
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Personal experience is relevant-and it's a primary source of information.

It certainly is much better than sweeping statements that are not accurate.
                      Expected from a Liberal Arts major...

Science and logic say you are dead flat wrong.

http://www.runresearchjunkie.com/ane...-not-evidence/

https://thelogicofscience.com/2016/0...lly-worthless/

https://blog.minitab.com/blog/advent...-is-unreliable

Even in the mundane it's worthless.

https://www.gardenmyths.com/anecdota...-displayed-on/

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

It was different back in your school days before the American Civil War.
                        Plus one of his teachers was Abe Lincoln , himself. the original...
                        The other was - Sam Houston...
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

My bachelor's degree is in engineering. My masters degree is in military history. So, guess again, genius.

Comment

no doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

My bachelor's degree is in engineering. My masters degree is in military history. So, guess again, genius.

History, even military history, is a liberal arts degree.
                              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X