Trump against O'Rorke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump against O'Rorke

It always amazes me that Trump always goes to the lowest common denominator and lowers the office of the president to gutter fighting with people that don't agree with him. I don't care for O'Rorke, but he has the right to speak about his hometown and the district he used to represent. The person who ought to 'be quiet' is Trump. He talks too much and says little of consequence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

'President Trump late Tuesday night responded to criticism from former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas), who has repeatedly assailed the president in the wake of a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas.'

'"Beto (phony name to indicate Hispanic heritage) O'Rourke, who is embarrassed by my last visit to the Great State of Texas, where I trounced him, and is now even more embarrassed by polling at 1% in the Democrat Primary, should respect the victims & law enforcement & be quiet!" Trump tweeted.'

'The president's remarks come shortly after O'Rourke, a 2020 presidential contender, announced he would be attending an event on Wednesday to pay tribute to the shooting victims and counter Trump's visit to the city.'

'"When President Trump comes to El Paso tomorrow, I will be joining our strong, beautiful, binational community at #ElPasoStrong. I hope to see you there," O'Rourke tweeted earlier Tuesday night.'

'In response to Trump's tweet, O'Rourke said, "22 people in my hometown are dead after an act of terror inspired by your racism. El Paso will not be quiet and neither will I."'

And apparently Trump doesn't realize that O'Rorke's nickname was given to him as a child. And, historically, the Irish have a long association with Mexico and emigrated there as well as to the United States and intermarried with the native Mexicans. Ignorance is no excuse.

Beto is just trying to be non-white, get the story right.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X