Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making Friends and Influencing People

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Making Friends and Influencing People

    Ivanka Trump is a dilettante and a light-weight.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

    'Before her inauguration as Chicago's mayor, Lori Lightfoot visited the White House to meet with Ivanka Trump and begin building a relationship that she hoped could lead to help in solving some of the city's deepest problems.
    '

    'But this week, Lightfoot engaged in a public battle of words with the president's powerful daughter, who in a series of tweets on Tuesday drew attention to the city's gun violence and provoked an angry response from Chicago's mayor.'

    'Early Tuesday, Ivanka Trump drew renewed national attention to Chicago's problems with gun violence by writing, "As we grieve over the evil mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, let us not overlook that Chicago experienced its deadliest weekend of the year."'

    '"With 7 dead and 52 wounded near a playground in the Windy City -- and little national outrage or media coverage -- we mustn't become numb to the violence faced by inner city communities every day," she tweeted.'

    'Lightfoot took exception to the remarks and made her feelings known during a news conference after her so-called Accountability Tuesday meeting with Chicago police brass to review the city's police strategies and response to violence.'

    'A livid Lightfoot said Trump got key facts wrong in her online comments and falsely implied that all the injuries happened in one incident. If Ivanka Trump cared, Lightfoot said, she should have reached out to city officials.'

    '"It wasn't a playground, it was a park. It wasn't seven dead. It wasn't 52 wounded in one incident, which is what this suggests. It's misleading," Lightfoot said. "It's important when we're talking about people's lives to actually get the facts correct, which one can easily do if you actually cared about getting it right."'

    Madame Kushner ought to get her facts straight and concentrate instead on her slum lord husband to repair what needs to be done in the properties in Baltimore.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Ivanka Trump is a dilettante and a light-weight.
    She got the key facts right; 7 murdered and 52 wounded........are those not key facts?

    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nichols View Post

      She got the key facts right; 7 murdered and 52 wounded........are those not key facts?
      She misrepresented the facts and assumed all were killed or wounded in one incident.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Massena View Post

        She misrepresented the facts and assumed all were killed or wounded in one incident.
        No, she didn't imply or assume all happened in one incident. She did call the area a playground, Lightfoot is made because it was a park....not a play ground. That is not a key fact, 7 murdered and 52 wounded is a key fact.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post

          She misrepresented the facts and assumed all were killed or wounded in one incident.
          More a case of her language not precise enough and as usual the regressive Lightfoot and the LW press jumped to it's own distortions and conclusions.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Massena View Post
            Ivanka Trump is a dilettante and a light-weight.

            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

            'Before her inauguration as Chicago's mayor, Lori Lightfoot visited the White House to meet with Ivanka Trump and begin building a relationship that she hoped could lead to help in solving some of the city's deepest problems.
            '

            'But this week, Lightfoot engaged in a public battle of words with the president's powerful daughter, who in a series of tweets on Tuesday drew attention to the city's gun violence and provoked an angry response from Chicago's mayor.'

            'Early Tuesday, Ivanka Trump drew renewed national attention to Chicago's problems with gun violence by writing, "As we grieve over the evil mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, let us not overlook that Chicago experienced its deadliest weekend of the year."'

            '"With 7 dead and 52 wounded near a playground in the Windy City -- and little national outrage or media coverage -- we mustn't become numb to the violence faced by inner city communities every day," she tweeted.'

            'Lightfoot took exception to the remarks and made her feelings known during a news conference after her so-called Accountability Tuesday meeting with Chicago police brass to review the city's police strategies and response to violence.'

            'A livid Lightfoot said Trump got key facts wrong in her online comments and falsely implied that all the injuries happened in one incident. If Ivanka Trump cared, Lightfoot said, she should have reached out to city officials.'

            '"It wasn't a playground, it was a park. It wasn't seven dead. It wasn't 52 wounded in one incident, which is what this suggests. It's misleading," Lightfoot said. "It's important when we're talking about people's lives to actually get the facts correct, which one can easily do if you actually cared about getting it right."'

            Madame Kushner ought to get her facts straight and concentrate instead on her slum lord husband to repair what needs to be done in the properties in Baltimore.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

            Comment


            • #7
              In Chicago, Baltimore and New Orleans, murder is a popular past time and the national press ignores or down play's the story because these are Democrat strongholds.
              Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
              Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

              Comment

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X