Do they even care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they even care?

Yesterday, in offering condolences for those shot in Dayton, Trump mixed up Dayton with Toledo
    "If we are able to pass great legislation after all of these years, we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May God bless the memory of those who died in Toledo. May God protect them," Trump said"
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...do/1920763001/

Not to be outdone, former Vice-President Biden then managed to confuse El Paso with Houston and Ohio with Michigan...
    Former Vice President Joe Biden misstated the locations of mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, while speaking to donors at a high-dollar fundraiser in San Diego on Sunday night.Biden, 76, mistakenly referred to the shootings as “the tragic events in Houston today and also in Michigan the day before," but later corrected himself, according to a pool report.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/con...0ID5aKzZCFVEt0
    Last edited by Salinator; 06 Aug 19, 03:15.

Must make you wonder.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
      Yesterday, in offering condolences for those shot in Dayton, Trump mixed up Dayton with Toledo

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...do/1920763001/

Not to be outdone, former Vice-President Biden then managed to confuse El Paso with Houston and Ohio with Michigan...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/con...0ID5aKzZCFVEt0
      Please explain the mix up. And what is exact your issue with the mix up.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Those who do not talk, do not mix up.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Well, every time I've ever been to Houston I've felt like shooting the place up -- and Ohio is altogther completely forgettable. They even made a movie about it: Things to Do in Dayton When You're Dead.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

My family and I went across country for three and a half weeks in June and July and traveled 7500 miles. I wanted my son to see his country and he was suitable impressed. We did stay in El Paso, and I had been there before. It was a nice city and quiet until the atrocity that just happened. We also stayed in Dayton for two nights as my son wanted to go to the National Museum of the Air Force, which was impressive. The newly restored Memphis Belle is on display and is a beautiful aircraft. Dayton was also a nice city.

We stayed in California for a week visiting various places and it was nice to see my native state again. One of the impressive things we saw was repeated major infrastructure work going on in Texas, California, Arizona and other states we traveled through. We also went through two earthquakes in California, measuring 6.4 and 7.1. I had been through earthquakes before, including a major one in 1971, so I was used to them. My son thoroughly enjoyed the one that hit while we were outside of Sequoia national park in Vesalia.

The US is impressive and we met nothing but friendly people across the nation.
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Why did Trump mix up Toledo with Dayton and why did Biden confuse Houston with El Paso and Ohio with Michigan?
              I have no idea. Perhaps senility or indifference or a lazy-faire attitude.

What is my issue with the mix ups?
              If my hometown was the scene of a tragic shooting, I would expect my political leaders to at least get the name of the town correct when supposedly offering moral support.

Comment

We'll see what happens tomorrow when Trump visits. When talking about the impending visit, the mayor of El Paso didn't appear to be very enthusiastic-and he's a Republican.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

At least Toledo's mayor handled the mistake with class.

In a statement posted to Twitter, Toledo Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz said that while it was “pretty obvious” Trump misspoke, the city was “happy to accept his prayers, even if they were meant for #Dayton.”
                  Matthew 25:14-30. Jesus tells that it is not sufficient merely to maintain things as they are. Those who await should make good use of the gifts that God has provided them.

Comment

Originally posted by OJsDad View Post
                    " . . . . Toledo Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz . . . . "
                    - emphasis mine

When you got a handle like that, you should be well accustomed to such faux pas.

Comment

Why did Trump mix up Toledo with Dayton and why did Biden confuse Houston with El Paso and Ohio with Michigan?

If my hometown was the scene of a tragic shooting, I would expect my political leaders to at least get the name of the town correct when supposedly offering moral support.
                      Too busy indulging in CYA
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Too busy indulging in CYA
                        What was Biden covering?
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Well, every time I've ever been to Houston I've felt like shooting the place up -- and Ohio is altogther completely forgettable. They even made a movie about it: Things to Do in Dayton When You're Dead.
                          That was Things To Do In Denver While You're Dead.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It's a Field Marshal vrs Field Marshall Dust up. Way above us mere mortals....
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That was Things To Do In Denver While You're Dead.
                              Po-TAY-to -- Po-TAH-to, to-MAY-to -- to-MAH-to . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X