Grow your own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

The historical references that are relevant in my opinion would have to do with daily hazards not war. The point was that dying in a mass shooting is near the bottom of the list of things that most people should be worried about if they were rational human beings with even a high school education in probabilities. Risk management should be something everyone is required to study, especially future soccer mom's and church ladies. ​​​​ In fact if you are not in one of the high risk categories such a member of a gang gun violence is one of the least likely ways that you will meet your end.

Your spouse is the most dangerous person you are statistically likely to ever encounter. Does that mean we should ban marriage?
    UMMM- no, but we should require a minimum of twelve partners per each event..

"I have proof you have been sleeping with other men!"
    So?? they're also my husbands...."

Ummm- ok- yeah,- get it.....""
    Last edited by marktwain; 08 Aug 19, 14:18.
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

That is what your comment most certainly did.
      So, you are saying in essence that only the Holocaust counts, and these other mass murders are really nothing by comparison. How radical Leftist of you.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

So, you are saying in essence that only the Holocaust counts, and these other mass murders are really nothing by comparison. How radical Leftist of you.
        I didn't say that so don't put words in my mouth. You specifically stated that the Holocaust was a 'quirk' which makes light of and belittles the Holocaust. And that is monstrous.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I didn't say that so don't put words in my mouth. You specifically stated that the Holocaust was a 'quirk' which makes light of and belittles the Holocaust. And that is monstrous.
          No I didn't. I stated, and you quoted me:

Is it more or less monstrous than Pol Pot killing 3 million? How about Stalin killing between 8 and 20 million? Mao killing 45 to 60 million?

I'm not making light of the Holocaust, but the Left has a huge bill due on wanton murder.
          Where's the word "quirk" in any of that? I asked a reasonable question. The way you phrased your answer resulted in my comment.

What's monstrous is ignoring the mass murders the Left has perpetrated again and again across history. Yes, the Holocaust was evil and terrible. But, so are mass murders by Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Castro, the Jong dynasty, etc., etc., etc. Yet, you make light of them by comparison even as they killed easily 10 to 30 times more people between them.

Comment

Its because they killed in the name of progress at any cost, while the germans killed just to kill. The ends justify the means.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Yet again itís necessary to remind posters to drop the personal sniping and get back on topic.
              Thank you
              ACG Staff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X