This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

That is exactly why Trump wants the wall, secure borders.
    Once again-the wall does not guarantee secure borders. As in the military definition of an obstacle, it isn't one unless it is covered by fire, or in the civilian sense, guarded.

The 'wall' is a colossal waste of time and money. And Trump wants troops to paint it-more wasted time and money.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Comment

Two more die in the hospital in El Paso:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-...cid=spartandhp

'Two more victims of the mass shooting at a crowded Walmart in El Paso, Texas, over the weekend died at a hospital on Monday, raising the death toll for the attack to 22.'

Best wishes for the families of the fallen.

We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          No, a wall won't secure the border. The money is better spent on technology and/or more agents.
          Trump's proposal included:

The proposal had multiple components, including requests for:
          • $800 million for urgent humanitarian assistance;
          • $805 million for drug-detection technology to secure ports of entry;
          • 2,750 additional border agents;
          • 75 new immigration judge teams for a court backlog of nearly 900,000 cases;
          • Allowing Central American minors to apply for asylum in their home countries;
          • $5.7 billion for strategic deployment of physical barriers, or a wall, but not, Trump said, a 2,000-mile concrete structure. The president said he wants to add 230 miles this year and claimed the crime rate and drug problem "would be quickly and greatly reduced" and that "some say it would be cut in half."
          https://www.npr.org/2019/01/19/68687...-in-wall-money

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          You're in favor of medieval solutions to a border, in 2019 we're in favor of more advanced ways to secure the border.
          You have no idea what I am "in favor of" Speak for yourself, not me.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Once again-the wall does not guarantee secure borders. As in the military definition of an obstacle, it isn't one unless it is covered by fire, or in the civilian sense, guarded.
            Trump's proposal called for more border agents, technology, judges and numerous other items. The wall is just a portion of it.

Also, please don't attempt to 'educate' me on military definitions, I never challenge your service, please don't challenge mine.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

All you have to do is to listen to what Trump says at his rallies. It's very simple-all you have to do is listen.
              Selectively and with biased filters, a dose of distortion, gotcha

Did you ever listen to our recent "community organizer"?

Comment

If I recall correctly, Hitler was shown/proven to be responsible as the German 'leader' for the Holocaust, was he not? And no one told him to do anything. He brought his own brand of racism and bigotry to the office he held and acted on them.

Trump is guilty of racism, ignorance, incompetence and of the same type of hateful rhetoric that Hitler shrieked in the Reichstag. As president, he should at least attempt to be a uniter. Instead he appears to relish being a divider. Being a moral and physical coward undoubtedly has something to do with it.

Interesting that you brought up Nuremberg...
                He brought a brand of racism, bigotry and ideology that was already in play and having a growing base of members and bellievers that he could join and make use of. A dictator requires a cadre' of henchmen(persons) willing to follow orders and do the grunt and dirty detail work.

Comment

A post by G David Bock that contained personal comments directed at other posters was removed after two previous staff warnings in this very thread to cease addressing the poster and not the posts. So thatís strike three for this thread. Iím not sure if this is a reading problem, a comprehension problem or a decision to consciously ignore forum staff and forum rules. Next time this thread is locked and further actions will be taken
                  Wise
                  up people
                  thank you

ACG Staff

edit: after going back and reading the last two pages of this thread itís not worth attempting to salvage. Locked for good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X