Tulsi Gabbard article in the NYT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsi Gabbard article in the NYT

OMFG! The New York Times is usually very Democrat friendly, but reading this article about Tulsi Gabbard makes me think she's nothing but a typically insane Leftist.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

It opens with this gem:

Tulsi Gabbard is running for president of a country that she believes has wrought horror on the world, and she wants its citizens to remember that.
    Think about that for just a second. Would you want a President who thinks your country is nothing short of just one massive POS and has been for a long time?

I find this sentence in the article interesting:

But her run, and the unusual cross-section of voters she appeals to ó Howard Zinn fans, anti-drug-war libertarians, Russia-gate skeptics, and conservatives suspicious of Big Tech
    So, she appeals to Leftist fanatics, conspiracy theorists, and assorted looney nut jobs...

Then comes this line, in bold lettering no less:

To Ms. Gabbard, it is the United States that has been the cruel and destabilizing force.
    Now, the article makes this clear she means for most or all of US history, not just the recent past. I can't imagine how she can claim that about World War 2. Or, how not fighting the Korean conflict would have left Korea better off under Communist rule by the Jong dynasty. That's just two examples of her obvious historical illiteracy.

The threat from Russia is severely exaggerated, Ms. Gabbard says. Do not beat the drums of war with Iran. Make nice with North Korea
    Yea, like Kim Jong Un is really going to be a nice guy to someone who shows they have no spine....

On the whole the article makes Gabbard, sound to me, to be some sort of Leftist who really believes that unicorns, rainbows, and singing Kumbaya will make the world one big happy family.

There's no way in hell I'd vote for this whack job. I don't know her personally, but reading what I have says I wouldn't want her as my CO in any capacity. I think she got her promotions mostly on her resume not her actual ability. I've seen that in the military more than once, and usually those officers are the worst, least competent, and undesirable ones to be stuck under.

Good post TAG. Fair points that may get me to re consider support of Gabbard. But as you also seem to point out, lets also hear what Gabbard herself has to say not just a journalist intrepteting what he or she thinks of Gabbards view. After all Gabbard served our country.

Conservatives can do the same btw. Two very popular conservative news hosts on Patriot Radio..Andrew Wilkow and Sunny Johnson do not have the best things to say of FDR...and in turn the masses of Americans that voted for FDR including masses of Americans in the military. Ronald Reagan otoh was a lifetime admirer of FDR...going as far as to say when his brother Moon would criticize FDR it was republican propaganda. The GOP and Democratic party both need to pay more homage to the great Americans of the past and also be proud of countries great liberal history.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

TAG we need to look into what Gabbard herself has to say, recent interview of Gabbard here...

George S Patton

Comment

Doesn't change my view on her. She went after a Democrat poser--- but then there are so many in that pack. Other than that, her view the legal system is somehow the oppressor of the poor, minorities, whatever is just plain wrong. Most, probably 90% + of those in prison at whatever level, deserve to be there. Gabbard is arguing that a very slender minority are the majority of cases convicted and sent to prison. The vast majority of people in prison are there because they're stupid. Not only stupid, but f***ing stupid. They are unbelievably stupid.

I also don't like Gabbard playing the veteran card in that interview. That was totally a use of identity politics.

Comment

Agree completely. Gabbard's glib and inaccurate condemnation of the United States disqualifies her completely from a presidential run and I for one question her loyalty to the country.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Doesn't change my view on her. She went after a Democrat poser--- but then there are so many in that pack. Other than that, her view the legal system is somehow the oppressor of the poor, minorities, whatever is just plain wrong. Most, probably 90% + of those in prison at whatever level, deserve to be there. Gabbard is arguing that a very slender minority are the majority of cases convicted and sent to prison. The vast majority of people in prison are there because they're stupid. Not only stupid, but f***ing stupid. They are unbelievably stupid.

I also don't like Gabbard playing the veteran card in that interview. That was totally a use of identity politics.
            I just canít imagine how somebody could ever serve the military but also be against the military , police and the history of America

George S Patton

Comment

The MSM got their new talking points.... Tulsi is now a Russian apologist and the attention her attack on Harris got is Russian bots. You can't write this stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

I just canít imagine how somebody could ever serve the military but also be against the military , police and the history of America

You get them. I think Gabbards in regard to the military thinks they are just super cops who are supposed to arrest bad guys, and not do what militaries traditionally have done: Smash countries into submission with massive violence.

Comment

It isn't about who the NYT pooh-poohs; it's who they don't. That's who they're setting up to endorse and put all their muscle behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                    Agree completely. Gabbard's glib and inaccurate condemnation of the United States disqualifies her completely from a presidential run and I for one question her loyalty to the country.
                    It doesn't happen often, but for once I completely agree with you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X