Robot racism? Yes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Your constant claims that white people are biased towards white are unsupported and reveal your own racial bias...no one else's. You certainly do not speak for me, or for any of millions of other American citizens.
    The person I was responding to, admitted to being biased. The articles I posted earlier, provided the data that does speak for millions of other Americans. These are not my opinions, these are statistical facts.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

There's a lot of sarcastic humor throughout the article.
      The Root is a racist publication, not sure why you term their racist remarks as "sarcastic humor"?
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
        Yes, according to the study the participants showed different psychological triggers when viewing different skin colored robots.
        Why do New Zealanders have bias against African Americans?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhat View Post

Is Chinatown racist? How about Little Italy? I'm from Pittsburgh where we have Polish Hill. Is that racist too? Should the government or society step in to break these areas up in the sake of diversity? Lmao Try that approach in NYC!

I appreciate diversity of other cultures, but I always fail to understand why people wanting to live amongst people of their own ethnic and cultural backgrounds is racist. That's right, I forgot... Hipsters in the Hood is gentrification - Bad, Blacks in Suburbia is diversity - Good. Humans are tribal by nature.
          He is from Pittsburgh also.

Comment

Not really. The depiction of robots are very life like, humanoids, not true with something like a car. But, according to the people protesting the little mermaid movie, mermaids can only be white! What's the difference between having racial preference for a robot and a mermaid? There isn't any difference. So yes, I'd like to know where the racism and bias will end. Taking white bias as far as mermaids is what's idiotic, but unfortunately it's very real.
            The protest comes from the constant need today to change already established characters, especially if they're white or male, for the sake of diversity, rather than creating something new for whatever group you wish to feel included. Bond was a white male, so now he has to be a black female. Ghostbusters and Ocean's 11 was a group of guys, so now they have to be a group of girls, and on and on. The lazy, knee-jerk SJW cloning of so many things today just to fit a narrative is old hat. It's all just lazy and patronizing. It's Armageddon and Deep Impact laziness, but now it's driven by the need for social consciousness. Just write something new and different already.

I just watched 'Blade' 1&2 last night, and I'd be pi**ed if some numbnut tried to redo it as a white guy. I don't want to see 'Friday' redone with white guys in a trailer park. I love these films and characters as they were written. Pandering to my ethnicity or sex like that won't make me want to watch them at all, quite the opposite. Just seems more and more that if it's white or male it has to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
              I thought this was satire...turns out it isn't....leave it to CNN:

[I](CNN)Have you ever noticed the popularity of white robots?
              The astute observer may have glommed onto the fact that robots are designed to do manual or repetitive labour or jobs deemed too dangerous for humans. Hence, if robots were made black in colour we would be dealing with even more hyperventilation about implied robot racism...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
                The astute observer
                That is a very good observation.

Comment

If you look at most of the ones that are "white" in color it's mainly because the exterior panels are made of plastic which is normally white in color-- which is how it is all manufactured-- unless you specifically buy slightly more expensive colored plastics where the color is added. White plastic is also the most recyclable as it doesn't have added color.

Comment

There's a lot of sarcastic humor throughout the article.

I don't recommend using an article based on sarcastic humor to prove a serious point.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Not really. The depiction of robots are very life like, humanoids, not true with something like a car.
                      I know guys who refer to their car as their girl, in fact, some guys treat their cars better.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Why do New Zealanders have bias against African Americans?
                        RUGBY.

next question....
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I know guys who refer to their car as their girl, in fact, some guys treat their cars better.
                          I can't answer how far their racism will extend.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I don't recommend using an article based on sarcastic humor to prove a serious point.

Interjecting humor and based on humor are two different things. I never said the article was based on humor. The article is based on a study that provides statistical evidence proving that a significant portion of whites don't want to live around non-whites.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhat View Post

The protest comes from the constant need today to change already established characters, especially if they're white or male, for the sake of diversity,
                              There's a difference between wanting the original actor and restricting the role to a specific race. What if the black actor was simply the best for the job? To assume that blacks can only get the role based on AA and not their abilities is racist in itself.

Blade doesn't have to be black. If Wesley Snipes no longer wanted the role, I wouldn't care what race got it, so long as the dude was bad ass. Race is irrelevant to that.
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The article is based on a study that provides statistical evidence
                                The "statistical evidence" was manipulated to forward the Root's racist agenda.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X