Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot racism? Yes

I thought this was satire...turns out it isn't....leave it to CNN:

(CNN)Have you ever noticed the popularity of white robots?

You see them in films like Will Smith's "I, Robot" and Eve from "Wall-E." Real-life examples include Honda's Asimo, UBTECH's Walker, Boston Dynamics' Atlas, and even NASA's Valkyrie robot.All made of shiny white material. And some real-life humanoid robots are modeled after white celebrities, such as Audrey Hepburn and Scarlett Johansson.

The reason for these shades of technological white may be racism, according to new research.

"Robots And Racism," a study conducted by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory in New Zealand (HIT Lab NZ) and published by the country's University of Canterbury, suggests people perceive physically human-like robotsto have a race and therefore apply racial stereotypes to white and black robots.

"The bias against black robots is a result of bias against African-Americans," lead researcher Christoph Bartneck explained to The Next Web. He told CNN, "It is amazing to see how people who had no prior interaction with robots show racial bias towards them."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/01/tech/...rnd/index.html
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Liberals are now going to want different coloured PC robots everywhere next they’ll want the robots to be LGBTJSTUHAAAWAAQDFZZPXR compliant as well.

Comment

Compromise by making them all Green? Then we will see Light Green and Dark Green....

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

the poor, oppressed whitey... x infinity

my favorite is when young, attractive blonde white women whine about being discriminated against
        Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
        Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
        Barbarossa Derailed I & II
        Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          Compromise by making them all Green? Then we will see Light Green and Dark Green....

Pruitt
          That is what I miss about the service.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

You see them in films like Will Smith's "I, Robot" and Eve from "Wall-E." Real-life examples include Honda's Asimo, UBTECH's Walker, Boston Dynamics' Atlas, and even NASA's Valkyrie robot.All made of shiny white material. And some real-life humanoid robots are modeled after white celebrities, such as Audrey Hepburn and Scarlett Johansson.

The reason for these shades of technological white may be racism, according to new research.

"Robots And Racism," a study conducted by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory in New Zealand (HIT Lab NZ) and published by the country's University of Canterbury, suggests people perceive physically human-like robotsto have a race and therefore apply racial stereotypes to white and black robots.

"The bias against black robots is a result of bias against African-Americans," lead researcher Christoph Bartneck explained to The Next Web. He told CNN, "It is amazing to see how people who had no prior interaction with robots show racial bias towards them."

What a total load of CRAP. Are the traditional white coats worn by doctors a sign of racial bias? Millions of kitchen appliances, sheets and toilet paper are white, and used daily by blacks. How about those white wedding dresses worn by black women as well...are they "racial sellouts"? Writing paper and copy paper is predominantly WHITE. NASA spacecraft and civilian spacecraft are all white, and so are nuclear ICBM's. Racist, or just highly practical? OTH, the official color of mourning after death is BLACK, and that's obviously RACIST!! (Sounds really stupid when white people act that way, doesn't it? )

How about massive paranoia by the weak minded and delusional, and those desperate to claim self-victimhood.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And here's a photo of the researchers that came up with this special brand of lunacy...

Comment

Well it sounds ridiculous on the surface, but I assume they're not talking about r2d2 type robots and more humanoid/life-like robots. If so, then evidence says that this is just following a common and well known trend. White people prefer white super heroes in movies, white barbie dolls, white action figures, white cartoons, so why would a preference towards white robots be of any surprise?
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

My younger daughter had a speaking Erkel doll. It went through doll hell. BabyGirl was hard on her toys! All her workers were Black so that did not affect her.

Pruitt
                  Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      Well it sounds ridiculous on the surface
                      It is ridiculous, what is next in the racism agenda?

.... white cars..... white clothes.....white airplanes...... white buildings...... white spaceships.....??????

Comment

If people actually read the article you'd know this is from New Zealand. I just don't understand what all the fuss is about? It's obvious racist people will treat different colored robots differently. As proven in the study they used.

Reading conservative comments on the web shows they didn't read the article or comprehend what this is about. They think the robots are the ones being racist.

Comment

It is the skin color most favoured .

In India we have many colours and shades, but recently our Judges from Miss India contest were criticised for selecting similar looking, colour / hair / skin tone Girls.
                          Miss India 2019 pageant had recently released the list of its thirty state finalists for this year’s competition and to no one’s surprise the head shots in the official ad had girls with similar straight hair and fair skin tone.

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/trendi...494-2019-05-31

Comment

White Twitter Complains After ‘Colored Actress’ Is Cast As Ariel In ‘Little Mermaid’ Remake

The Fourth of July seemed like as good a time as any for non-Black people to remind the world of how racist people are across the globe, and especially in America. And that’s precisely what happened into the holiday that celebrates the country’s birthday (as determined by the colonizers who stole the land from Native Americans).

As word spread that there would be a remake of “The Little Mermaid,” fans of the original Disney movie rejoiced — that is, until they learned that it would be starring a Black actress. If you listened closely, a collective sigh of white angst could be heard when it was confirmed that Halle Bailey would play the Disney princess in the reboot to the original animated film from 1989.

Bailey called the casting a “dream come true” before social media tried to turn the announcement into a nightmare for her as the hashtag #NotMyAriel became a top trending topic on Thursday.
                            https://newsone.com/playlist/white-t...black-actress/

Here we have an issue with whites accepting a non-white actress in a fictional movie playing a fictional character. She is being rejected solely on the basis of her skin color. So, why is it unbelievable that these same people would want white robot characters?
                            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                              If people actually read the article you'd know this is from New Zealand.
                              I did read it and noted it was from New Zealand.

I also noticed that the researcher claimed it was due to bias against African Americans.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X