Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investigation into Omar will test Democrat leadership

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Investigation into Omar will test Democrat leadership

    Will the Democrats circle the wagons?

    In June, a State Campaign Finance Board investigation revealed that Omar filed joint tax returns with her partner while married to someone else. That revelation has fueled a new wave of attacks on Omar over her marital history.

    Omar has agreed repay more than $3,000. The investigation also found Omar filed joint taxes with her partner Ahmed Hirsi, the father of her three children, while she was still legally married to a man named Ahmed Elmi.
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/...into-rep-omar/
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

  • #2
    Omar is a Democrat. They won't investigate squat. Just like Hillary, they'll ignore any but the worst crimes. Tax fraud? "Nothing to see here." Bigamy? "Is that even that even a crime?" Immigration fraud? "We want open borders so it's not a crime... Besides, Trump tweeted something so he's a racist and needs to be impeached. That's what's important..."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Omar is a Democrat. They won't investigate squat. Just like Hillary, they'll ignore any but the worst crimes. Tax fraud? "Nothing to see here." Bigamy? "Is that even that even a crime?" Immigration fraud? "We want open borders so it's not a crime... Besides, Trump tweeted something so he's a racist and needs to be impeached. That's what's important..."
      True enough, democrats can literally get away with murder,.
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

        True enough, democrats can literally get away with murder,.
        Hillary's proof of that...

        Comment


        • #5
          On top of that, Omar is a female Muslim, so she's essentially bulletproof.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Omar is a Democrat. They won't investigate squat. Just like Hillary, they'll ignore any but the worst crimes. Tax fraud? "Nothing to see here." Bigamy? "Is that even that even a crime?" Immigration fraud? "We want open borders so it's not a crime... Besides, Trump tweeted something so he's a racist and needs to be impeached. That's what's important..."
            The bigamy one is rather strange. apparently, she obtained a faith based divorce, but married without a civil divorce...
            Three thousand dollars in Back taxes due if her claim for a licit shack up is disallowed- small taters.

            But hey, she's uppity brown woman in a turban , so shake it LOOSE, boys..INSULT CITY OR BUST!
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by marktwain View Post

              The bigamy one is rather strange. apparently, she obtained a faith based divorce, but married without a civil divorce...
              Three thousand dollars in Back taxes due if her claim for a licit shack up is disallowed- small taters.

              But hey, she's uppity brown woman in a turban , so shake it LOOSE, boys..INSULT CITY OR BUST!
              If Trump did this, he'd be hung from a street light...

              As for "faith based divorce..." In Islam, if I understand it correctly, a divorce consists of the man involved telling the woman he divorces her in front of another male witness and giving the woman her dowry.
              In the US that won't legally fly as a divorce. In fact, it wouldn't fly anywhere outside Dar al Islam. I don't think that a US college educated woman, like Omar, would not recognize and deal with that properly. So, this is on her and it does sound like she was playing fast and lose with the rules wanting things her way rather than doing what is legal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                If Trump did this, he'd be hung from a street light...

                As for "faith based divorce..." In Islam, if I understand it correctly, a divorce consists of the man involved telling the woman he divorces her in front of another male witness and giving the woman her dowry.
                In the US that won't legally fly as a divorce. In fact, it wouldn't fly anywhere outside Dar al Islam. I don't think that a US college educated woman, like Omar, would not recognize and deal with that properly. So, this is on her and it does sound like she was playing fast and lose with the rules wanting things her way rather than doing what is legal.
                If she married in a civil ceremony then the State is a party to the agreement and a "faith based" divorce may satisfy her religious beliefs, but not the law.

                I suspect she was well aware of the law and the "faith based" claim is just an effort at CYA after the fact.

                If the allegations are true, she broke the law. I'm not sure why her turban or color were introduced into the discussion as neither is relevant to the issue of whether she broke the law.
                The law applies to her the same as anyone else.
                Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

                Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                  If Trump did this, he'd be hung from a street light...

                  As for "faith based divorce..." In Islam, if I understand it correctly, a divorce consists of the man involved telling the woman he divorces her in front of another male witness and giving the woman her dowry.
                  In the US that won't legally fly as a divorce. In fact, it wouldn't fly anywhere outside Dar al Islam. I don't think that a US college educated woman, like Omar, would not recognize and deal with that properly. So, this is on her and it does sound like she was playing fast and lose with the rules wanting things her way rather than doing what is legal.
                  Nowadays, the marriage morals game is a 'fluid one.'
                  Like, what you do when you marry the Martian gal you dreamed of- and she really wants - your dad?
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In resurfaced interview, Ilhan Omar answers question on 'jihadist terrorism' by saying Americans should be 'more fearful of white men' https://www.foxnews.com/media/ilhan-...hite-men-islam

                    In the interview, Al Jazeera host Medhi Hasan said some Americans feel justified in fearing Islam, not out of hate but for their own safety, before listing a number of radical Islamic terror attacks. Omar dismissed this suggestion immediately and laid the blame on white males instead, calling for the profiling and monitoring of caucasian men.
                    She is a racist

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

                      If she married in a civil ceremony then the State is a party to the agreement and a "faith based" divorce may satisfy her religious beliefs, but not the law.

                      I suspect she was well aware of the law and the "faith based" claim is just an effort at CYA after the fact.

                      If the allegations are true, she broke the law. I'm not sure why her turban or color were introduced into the discussion as neither is relevant to the issue of whether she broke the law.
                      The law applies to her the same as anyone else.
                      sometimes I miss the eighties...
                      Nobody, Judge, but nobody, nowadays comes out and says 'I was hot to trot with Force Majeur, wot about it?'
                      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                        If Trump did this, he'd be hung from a street light...

                        As for "faith based divorce..." In Islam, if I understand it correctly, a divorce consists of the man involved telling the woman he divorces her in front of another male witness and giving the woman her dowry.
                        In the US that won't legally fly as a divorce. In fact, it wouldn't fly anywhere outside Dar al Islam. I don't think that a US college educated woman, like Omar, would not recognize and deal with that properly. So, this is on her and it does sound like she was playing fast and lose with the rules wanting things her way rather than doing what is legal.
                        The IRS doesn't care, and that's one of the charges - she filed jointly listing her brother as her husband.

                        The rarest creature on Earth -these day would be an honest Democrat. Hasn't even been a sighting in decades.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by marktwain View Post

                          The bigamy one is rather strange. apparently, she obtained a faith based divorce, but married without a civil divorce...
                          Three thousand dollars in Back taxes due if her claim for a licit shack up is disallowed- small taters.

                          But hey, she's uppity brown woman in a turban , so shake it LOOSE, boys..INSULT CITY OR BUST!
                          Really? that is the best you can do?

                          Her skin color and dress is the reason she has low approval ratings?

                          Omar's approval rating was even lower with only 25% of voters having a favorable view, while 34% had an unfavorable view of the Minnesota Democrat.
                          https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...pular-than-ice

                          The truth is that if she was a white male she would have even lower approval.

                          We hunt the hunters

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

                            If she married in a civil ceremony then the State is a party to the agreement and a "faith based" divorce may satisfy her religious beliefs, but not the law.

                            I suspect she was well aware of the law and the "faith based" claim is just an effort at CYA after the fact.

                            If the allegations are true, she broke the law. I'm not sure why her turban or color were introduced into the discussion as neither is relevant to the issue of whether she broke the law.
                            The law applies to her the same as anyone else.
                            now judge, the law in both our countries assigns a lot more gravity to a forty million dollar fraudulent University scheme than a 3,000.00 tax dodge.

                            We were through this before….

                            As for " who us, kick around Ms. Omar ?' we both read the posts.. This fora reacts to Ms. Omar faster than werewolves react to a full moon....

                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                              The IRS doesn't care, and that's one of the charges - she filed jointly listing her brother as her husband.

                              The rarest creature on Earth -these day would be an honest Democrat. Hasn't even been a sighting in decades.
                              I will give one credit where it's due. Krysten Sinema of Arizona. She used to be a Leftist Progressive but then she grew up. Not only she's been pretty stand up about her career and she's probably the only moderate Democrat senator around today.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X