Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PolitiFact Bias

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PolitiFact Bias

    PolitiFact decided that the viral image of AOC is false....

    "Was @AOC crying over a parking lot while protesting family separation? False, she was standing on a road to a migrant facility, which was in her line of gaze, and was just beyond the port of entry."

    Since they are liberal AOC fans, they probably don't know Treacher writes with a humorous bent, and the headline is meant for laughs: "AOC Weeps Over Empty Parking Lot." They're not insisting she cried over parking spots. They're insisting she was staging photos far from the "action" being protested. She was striking a pose for the cameras, in the company of liberal celebrities including Connie Britton, Mira Sorvino, Bella Thorne, and Constance Wu.

    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...er-parking-lot


  • #2
    We don't have "migrant" facilities. We have detention facilities for illegals.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      PolitiFact decided that the viral image of AOC is false....

      "Was @AOC crying over a parking lot while protesting family separation? False, she was standing on a road to a migrant facility, which was in her line of gaze, and was just beyond the port of entry."

      Since they are liberal AOC fans, they probably don't know Treacher writes with a humorous bent, and the headline is meant for laughs: "AOC Weeps Over Empty Parking Lot." They're not insisting she cried over parking spots. They're insisting she was staging photos far from the "action" being protested. She was striking a pose for the cameras, in the company of liberal celebrities including Connie Britton, Mira Sorvino, Bella Thorne, and Constance Wu.

      https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...er-parking-lot
      What is your definition of 'bias'? Something that is actually prejudicial to a point or points of view, or, something with which you don't agree?
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

      Comment


      • #4
        Politifact works together with the left wing Poynter and Kaiser Family Fondations .Politifact is owned by the Poynter Institute, on the board of which sits Craig Newmark, prominent Democrat and supporter of Hillary and Obama .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Massena View Post

          What is your definition of 'bias'? Something that is actually prejudicial to a point or points of view, or, something with which you don't agree?
          My definition:

          https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bias

          How is PolitiFact bias?

          AOC staged a photo shoot of her crying at a fence. There were no illegal immigrants on the other side, it leads to the question why was she crying at a fence?

          PolitiFact reports that her crying at an empty parking lot is false with further explanation that it was a road leading to the detention facility. By claiming "false" they mislead people into thinking that she wasn't doing a staged photo-shoot.

          Comment


          • #6
            This reminds me of the Weather Channel reporter bracing himself against the hurricane winds as two guys in shorts, talking on their cell phones, casually walk through in the background, or the Today Show woman paddling a canoe as two guys walk in front of her in the ankle deep water. It's not necessarily false, but it is hyping the optics to serve your purpose.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nichols View Post

              AOC staged a photo shoot of her crying at a fence. There were no illegal immigrants on the other side, it leads to the question why was she crying at a fence?
              Why does everything have to be a bizarre conspiracy theory? The RW source used in the OP isn't credible. Politifact is much more credible than most radical RW outlets.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                Why does everything have to be a bizarre conspiracy theory? The RW source used in the OP isn't credible. Politifact is much more credible than most radical RW outlets.
                So say you... Prove it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                  So say you... Prove it.
                  Why do you demand proof from someone when you are often remiss in offering any for your sometimes outlandish claims?

                  Further, if he does submit evidence, will you accept it? Personally, I doubt it.
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                    So say you... Prove it.
                    Prove what? That she's not standing in a parking lot and actually near a detention center?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

                      Prove what? That she's not standing in a parking lot and actually near a detention center?
                      No, that "...RW source(s) used..." are not credible. and that "Politifact is much more credible than radical (by which I assume you mean anything to the Right of Center) RW outlets."

                      That dismissal of sources with nothing but an ad hominem gives you zero credibility in stating that. So, prove what you say.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                        No, that "...RW source(s) used..." are not credible. and that "Politifact is much more credible than radical (by which I assume you mean anything to the Right of Center) RW outlets."

                        That dismissal of sources with nothing but an ad hominem gives you zero credibility in stating that. So, prove what you say.
                        I read the RW opinion piece. It's saying AOC was in a parking lot and not near the border. It's a conspiracy theory and something a teenager would make up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                          I read the RW opinion piece. It's saying AOC was in a parking lot and not near the border. It's a conspiracy theory and something a teenager would make up.
                          I'd say the photos on this site say exactly the opposite. The site's bias itself is irrelevant. The photos on it speak for themselves.

                          https://www.rt.com/usa/462837-aoc-pa...ention-center/

                          Some various shots of AOC's photo op







                          I'd say it's pretty conclusive she was shouting and crying in front of open ground, a parking lot, or other area of the facility that was nowhere near anything you could claim as having visible illegals being held or being in. So, the claim she staged the photos is probably highly valid.

                          It appears that she did the photo op at the roll gate (the fence she's in front of is really a rolling gate) that is at the entrance to the facility.
                          This photo is of the same location. You can clearly see the fence is a roll gate.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                            I'd say the photos on this site say exactly the opposite. The site's bias itself is irrelevant. The photos on it speak for themselves.

                            https://www.rt.com/usa/462837-aoc-pa...ention-center/

                            Some various shots of AOC's photo op







                            I'd say it's pretty conclusive she was shouting and crying in front of open ground, a parking lot, or other area of the facility that was nowhere near anything you could claim as having visible illegals being held or being in. So, the claim she staged the photos is probably highly valid.

                            It appears that she did the photo op at the roll gate (the fence she's in front of is really a rolling gate) that is at the entrance to the facility.
                            This photo is of the same location. You can clearly see the fence is a roll gate.

                            She's not in a parking lot as your conspiracy theory says. They made it up

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                              She's not in a parking lot as your conspiracy theory says. They made it up
                              She certainly is somewhere at this facility:

                              1. Where there are no illegals visible to her.
                              2. Next to an entrance gate, most likely a perimeter gate given that the ICE / police agents are only on one side of it.
                              3. Shouting / crying where only staff / ICE agents can see what she's doing-- at least from an internal POV.

                              So, what's her point in doing this?

                              Also, it isn't "(my) conspiracy theory..." Whether you call it a parking lot, a dirt lot, the entrance to the facility, or whatever, it's pretty damn clear she has nothing to be distraught over in terms of what's she's viewing unless it is she hates ICE agents or whoever those law enforcement types are because they're the only ones present.

                              So, your version is BS to cover for AOC's BS.

                              PS... It does look like a parking lot. Note the lower center and right hand photos in particular.

                              Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 25 Jul 19, 17:29.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X