Omar defending BDS, likens it to boycotts of Nazi Germany, USSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted, post was overtaken by events.
    Last edited by Nichols; 19 Jul 19, 10:13.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Again, learn what BDS' end state is, it isn't two states.

The POTUS didn't have a meltdown; the MSM fabricated another false narrative and many people fell for it again...... These are the people that are having a meltdown.
      Oh, don't be silly. Rep. Omar didn't submit a bill to the House.

BTW, the Vatican also supports the "two state solution." being some sort of Catholic, I take their site - seriously.

The rest is just pure horse opera...
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

A post addressing a poster and not the post was removed.
        Further posts of this type will be deleted on sight.
        Get this thread back on track, folks, or it will be closed.
        Thank you
        ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Oh, don't be silly. Rep. Omar didn't submit a bill to the House.
          This is probably where the miscommunication came from. I didn't say she submitted a Bill, I posted that she proposed a resolution.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

This is probably where the miscommunication came from. I didn't say she submitted a Bill, I posted that she proposed a resolution.
            Ok that's fair...the BDS movement has been around in some form as long as I can remember , including David Duke 's version.
            Investment is fungible. That Donald Trump even reacts is a concern.
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

If Omar defends it I know it's wrong.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

So an American is not allowed to refuse to do business if an Israeli orders something with him? But it's ok if the same American refuses to do business when a gay person orders something with him?
                Here I was, thinking that anyone should be allowed to refuse doing business with someone else because it's a free world. Well, that's what was vigorously claimed like year ago to defend the baker who refused to make an "offensive" wedding cake.

Really......
                Wel, y'all surely will find something to bend this one straight.
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Perhaps these articles can add to the discussion:

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...160539559.html

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/re...ts-in-context/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...er/3078821002/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.209c85f252f5

Discuss and enjoy yourselves
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

She's a apologist for Islam.

https://exapologist.blogspot.com/201...c-fallacy.html

Basically, the apologetic fallacy is one where a religious person excuses behavior on that basis. In this case, Omar tells us that we shouldn't blame all of Islam for the worldwide wars, mass violence, terrorism, and hate that her religion is producing because it isn't "all Muslims."

In another way, she makes the fallacy that profiling and drawing generalized conclusions from specific data should be ignored. That is, the argument that "It isn't all Muslims..." Well all Germans weren't Nazis. All Japanese didn't want war and conquest. I'm sure not all Argentinians agreed on invading the Falklands. No Communist country is all party members.
                    This is the apologist's method of saying we should somehow single out only individuals among Muslims who commit terrorist acts, start wars, etc., as mere criminals to be arrested and tried.

Her response is as absurd as it wrong. It derives from another idiotic Leftist belief that war is somehow obsolete.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-w...en-war_b_65003

https://www.facebook.com/WarisObsolete/

The Left in the past has called for the US government to install a "Department of Peace."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.66fe2e20dde4

https://peacealliance.org/issues-adv...ment-of-peace/

They think that will work. The world will sing Kumbayah and roast smores around a proverbial campfire while giving a collective hug.

Anyway, what Omar is doing, along with many other Leftists of her ilk (ad hominem intended in this case), is arguing that Islamic terrorism and war is a police matter. That is she argues Identify the criminals among Muslims, arrest, try, convict, and imprison them for their crimes...
                    Well, Obama tried that. It was an unmitigated disaster because he, and Omar, can't distinguish between warfare and criminal activity. They see them as one and the same when they aren't.

Islam today is the single greatest cause of terrorism and warfare in on the planet. I could toss in Arab culture as an equally significant problem across the Middle East but it doesn't explain warfare by Muslims in Asia, Africa, or elsewhere while Islam does. We should treat Islamic warfare and terrorism for what it is. That means not distinguishing between "good" and "bad" Muslims for the most part. Banning immigration from failed states and ones that produce lots of terrorists.

Omar is dead flat wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

She's a apologist for Islam.

https://exapologist.blogspot.com/201...c-fallacy.html

Basically, the apologetic fallacy is one where a religious person excuses behavior on that basis. In this case, Omar tells us that we shouldn't blame all of Islam for the worldwide wars, mass violence, terrorism, and hate that her religion is producing because it isn't "all Muslims."

In another way, she makes the fallacy that profiling and drawing generalized conclusions from specific data should be ignored. That is, the argument that "It isn't all Muslims..." Well all Germans weren't Nazis. All Japanese didn't want war and conquest. I'm sure not all Argentinians agreed on invading the Falklands. No Communist country is all party members.
                      This is the apologist's method of saying we should somehow single out only individuals among Muslims who commit terrorist acts, start wars, etc., as mere criminals to be arrested and tried.

Her response is as absurd as it wrong. It derives from another idiotic Leftist belief that war is somehow obsolete.
                      By your logic, it is fair for me to look at the data and conclude that all republicans are racist, a bigot, or both.
                      There's no sense in singling out the few individuals who may not be.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

By your logic, it is fair for me to look at the data and conclude that all republicans are racist, a bigot, or both.
                        There's no sense in singling out the few individuals who may not be.
                        Not using some vague, generalized ad hominem of a statement it isn't.

Comment

Omar is a racist and bigot in her hatred of Israel and jews. She'll say that it's OK thought because she was brought up to believe that. What other US congressperson can say that? Think hard now...
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

The "Squad", individually and as a whole, needs to be recalled by the constituents who don't agree with their seditious leanings, and those who elected them need to apologize to the rest of the US population.
                            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Not using some vague, generalized ad hominem of a statement it isn't.
                              You just generalized Muslims, but the same can't apply to you? Sounds like white privilege to me.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                                The "Squad", individually and as a whole, needs to be recalled by the constituents who don't agree with their seditious leanings, and those who elected them need to apologize to the rest of the US population.
                                They'll apologize when Trump supporters do the same for electing someone who caters to white nationalists.

This is the slippery slope you have created. The rest of the country will stoop down and play to your standards now.
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X