Anti-SJW conservative millennials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-SJW conservative millennials

There is a younger, hipper type of conservatism that's popular with millennials and is not rooted in any deep principles or ideological vision. Rarely is there much learned use of contemporary observations, political science, history or economics to support conservative viewpoints. Their hopes and dreams for a better future is to my knowledge never really expressed.

Instead it seems to be entirely composed of criticizing and counterattacking the SJW and SJW-behavior on a fanatical, 24-7 basis. The market for this sort of individual is one who is deeply disillusioned with mass culture, anything liberal, and the society that surrounds them. There is an increasingly large amount of spillover and it is starting to merge with various forms of conservatism popular with those older than age 30.

Info War's Watson is a popular example, where he takes very old conservative concepts (even from Spengler!), hides the sources, and then creates infotainment- a mixture of political propaganda, information, and entertainment:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PrisonPlanetLive/videos

"Liberal propaganda at E3" Liberal Lucas is at work on a daily basis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dILEN9M_FP0

At the top of the heap is Jordan Peterson, who has uniquely codified and organized a ideological system that legitimizes anti-SJWism belief systems from a psychological perspective and has a cache of Anti-SJW rhetoric techniques/well trained responses.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 16 Jul 19, 08:15.
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism, as well as identity politics.
    I had to look for that….

conservationism
    Should probably be "conservatism" then ?

Jordan Peterson apparently made a name for himself in Belgium even.

"Psychologist and the Guru of the frightened white man."

https://www.humo.be/humo-archief/386...ke-mannen-zijn
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

^
      Goes to show the rift..(having to search for SJW). I don't believe that SJW was a popular term until a few years after the great recession and the anti-SJWism factors strongly in conservative young people to the point where it dominates their belief system. A traditionally conservative person that died in 2006 would probably have no clue what SJW means either.

Jordan Peterson's core audience are very young white, anti-SJW males who seek a father figure.

Comment

Summary here :

The answer is that Jordan Peterson is tailor-made to our political moment. His reactionary politics and talents as a public speaker combine to be a perfect fit for YouTube and the right-wing media, where videos of conservatives “destroying” weak-minded liberals routinely go viral. Peterson’s denunciations of identity politics and political correctness are standard-issue conservative, but his academic credentials make his pronouncements feel much more authoritative than your replacement-level Fox News commentator. (I reached out to Peterson; a spokesperson turned down my interview request.)
        https://www.vox.com/world/2018/3/26/...rules-for-life

We should invite him to the ACG

In Peterson, they found someone telling them that their grievances are not only justified but, in fact, important: that they have picked up on a secret threat to society writ large, and that they are its first victims. Peterson is drawing on a deep well: This kind of anger about the declining social status of white men is incredibly common across the Western world today, and finds a comfortable home in reactionary political movements on both sides of the Atlantic.
        Last edited by Snowygerry; 16 Jul 19, 08:39.
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Having familiarized myself with is talking points a few years ago, I don't really see JP entirely like that.

JP's uniqueness is how he managed to codify the libertarian value system in psychological terms, and then disseminate it to the masses, particularly young white males under 30- his core fanbase. There is definitely however, something odd with this userbase- a common refrain is a lack of life meaning and depression. His 12 Rules is basically libertarian ethics combined with some Christian/traditional conservative morality & life purpose. In his other messages there is strong emphasis on instilling "Shame" and proscribed behavior on what seems on the surface, a "secular" approach. His holy enemy is the SJW, who is a shameful degenerate to him. Beyond that, he even goes as far as pretending to being a dating coach while being someone with obviously very little experience (married someone he knew in high school) and insight.

JP is in reality an older style conservative with moderate social views in the disguise of being secular and scientific.

He's closer to say, someone like Ayn Rand (who did this in philosophical but not psychological terms) but not quite.

Comment

"Social justice" is a slippery and politically loaded term. It can be used/misused/abused to justify everything up to and including anarchy, and I suspect it will be based on how it is being misused today .

The insane notion of reparations is being tossed around as a "social justice" concept, for example, and it is being misused dramatically by hatemongers like Omar and AOC to demand the removal of Trump.

Only a small step from there to demanding the overthrow of our government on behalf of some group or other of self-proclaimed "victims", of which we have an abundance these days,
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              "Social justice" is a slippery and politically loaded term. It can be used/misused/abused to justify everything up to and including anarchy, and I suspect it will be based on how it is being misused today .

The insane notion of reparations is being tossed around as a "social justice" concept, for example, and it is being misused dramatically by hatemongers like Omar and AOC to demand the removal of Trump.

Only a small step from there to demanding the overthrow of our government on behalf of some group or other of self-proclaimed "victims", of which we have an abundance these days,
              What about when the Bible mentions "social justice?"

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

I had to look for that….

Should probably be "conservatism" then ?

Jordan Peterson apparently made a name for himself in Belgium even.

"Psychologist and the Guru of the frightened white man."

https://www.humo.be/humo-archief/386...ke-mannen-zijn
                Not so much "frightened", I think, as "angry". A world of difference that is going to lead to violent confrontations in the near future. There will be backlash at some point.

Comment

There seems to be no political vision with the Anti-SJW type- take away the 24-7 hatred (say, kill or imprison all SJW) that consumes their time and there's crumbs left.

Comment

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Not so much "frightened", I think, as "angry". A world of difference that is going to lead to violent confrontations in the near future. There will be backlash at some point.
                      The title of the article is a reference to a well-known Flemish folk song.

"Angry" likely would be a more accurate description in English, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                        What about when the Bible mentions "social justice?"
                        What about it? The Old Testament is one of the bloodiest and most unforgiving books ever written by Man and calls for complete genocide of enemies. That what you're looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                          Look up...they're passing overhead.

Comment

So angry, courageous, and violent that the temper-tantrums are released on keyboards and for some, on youtube and reddit- rather than any productive activity

S.A mann and political organizers/ intellectuals they are not...

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                              So angry, courageous, and violent that the temper-tantrums are released on keyboards and for some, on youtube and reddit- rather than any productive activity

S.A mann and political organizers/ intellectuals they are not...
                              You’re also describing the vast majority of SJW’s they’re no better they’re just better organized.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X