Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mental Health Professionals Treating Trump Derangement Syndrome Have TDS Themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental Health Professionals Treating Trump Derangement Syndrome Have TDS Themselves

A very interesting article. There are some people here suffering from TDS, the moment you don't agree with them...they automatically label you a Trump supporter

The article, titled "DC Types Have Been Flocking to Shrinks Ever Since Trump Won. And a Lot of the Therapists Are Miserable," can be summed up with this frightening pull-quote:
    The National Association of Social Workers’ code of ethics describes “social justice” as a primary core value of the profession, and all the social workers I spoke to (as well as many of the psychologists) viewed this work as fundamental: How can you heal an individual without also seeking to heal the culture?
    In a nutshell, many of this country's mental health providers believe that President Trump, and by extension conservatives, are an illness infecting our nation.

At some point in the future, it's not out of the question that the APA will label conservatives as having a mental health disorder. The next order of business, of course, will be "fixing" conservatives. I once wrote how Orwell's 1984 has become a leftist how-to book. Along those same lines, I'm not convinced that re-education camps to correct the mental disorder of conservatism aren't part of the leftist's game-plan.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-do...KwL1b_Nv-EDjCY
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Well, nothing new there. The Left has a history of that. I'm pretty sure the Nazis labeled their political opposition mentally ill. I know that Communists have done that repeatedly starting with the Soviet Union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...e_Soviet_Union

https://www.encyclopedia.com/science...chiatry-abuses

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3574467/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi..._of_psychiatry

Comment

Trump Anxiety Disorder

It’s what Harvard medical researchers call Trump Derangement Syndrome. “In a 2017 essay for a book co-edited by psychiatrists from Harvard Medical School and the Yale School of Medicine, clinical psychologist Jennifer Panning of Evanston, Ill., called the condition ‘Trump Anxiety Disorder,’ distinguishing it from a generalized anxiety disorder because ‘symptoms were specific to the election of Trump and the resultant unpredictable sociopolitical climate,” Matt Kwong reported for the CBC. “Though not an official diagnosis, the symptoms include feeling a loss of control and helplessness, and fretting about what’s happening in the country and spending excessive time on social media, she said.”
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        A very interesting article. There are some people here suffering from TDS, the moment you don't agree with them...they automatically label you a Trump supporter

The article, titled "DC Types Have Been Flocking to Shrinks Ever Since Trump Won. And a Lot of the Therapists Are Miserable," can be summed up with this frightening pull-quote:
        The National Association of Social Workers’ code of ethics describes “social justice” as a primary core value of the profession, and all the social workers I spoke to (as well as many of the psychologists) viewed this work as fundamental: How can you heal an individual without also seeking to heal the culture?
        In a nutshell, many of this country's mental health providers believe that President Trump, and by extension conservatives, are an illness infecting our nation.

At some point in the future, it's not out of the question that the APA will label conservatives as having a mental health disorder. The next order of business, of course, will be "fixing" conservatives. I once wrote how Orwell's 1984 has become a leftist how-to book. Along those same lines, I'm not convinced that re-education camps to correct the mental disorder of conservatism aren't part of the leftist's game-plan.

Democrats have a severe mental health disorder, but I do not see any evidence linking it to conservatives. The Dems live in a world of endless money, no limits to their personal powers and no inhibitions on their lives, including no ethics and no morals. They are functionally - some of them - insane within the parameters of our society.

Incidentally, "mental health professional" is a well recognized oxymoron.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Sweeping statements, monoliths, and phychobabble-an incredible combination. Complete nonsense, but incredible nonetheless.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            Sweeping statements, monoliths, and phychobabble-an incredible combination. Complete nonsense, but incredible nonetheless.

Comment

so it's not deranged to make up excuses for your idol on a daily basis either?
              Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
              Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
              Barbarossa Derailed I & II
              Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
                so it's not deranged to make up excuses for your idol on a daily basis either?
                And there you go about proving exactly what the crux was said just earlier. Anyone not foaming at the mouth and not not religiously condemning Trump religiously five times a day at minimum is seen as idolizing Trump and making excuses for him from people with no real understanding other than to push the agenda that Orange Man is bad.....................it does not speak well of you intellect.

Have you considered that someone that does not like Trump may be also correct that you have you may be affected with mental disorder as pointed out by the study at Harvard University?
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The Trumps live in a world of endless money, no limits to their personal powers and no inhibitions on their lives, including no ethics and no morals

Fixed it.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I don't think it's related to Trump necessarily, it existed for Obama too, arguably it was worse (here on the ACG).

I predict will happen again with the next US president.

And it affects only US Americans apparently, not likely for an actual mental disorder.

No - I think we're seeing basic cognitive bias here, exacerbated by targeted political/media campaigns.

Or - you take your politics far too seriously
                    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

According to wiki, PJ media, Pyjamas Media, or whatever they call themselves this week is not a peer reviewed source of Psyc. advise....

pj media .com wikipedia
                      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        I wouldn't write them off so fast....

n October 2011, Pajamas Media changed its name to PJ Media.[13]

In September 2013, former congressman Allen West left PJ Media after he had an altercation with a female staffer and allegedly called her a "Jewish American princess."[14] West denied being fired and said he left voluntarily.[14]

Wiki

They appear to have a certain expertise at interoffice cat fighting....

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                          I don't think it's related to Trump necessarily, it existed for Obama too, arguably it was worse (here on the ACG).
                          It was no where close during Obama or Bush than it is now. When Trump gets 90% bad press....it is obvious that the MSM is driving the cognitive dissonance that so many people here are experiencing.

Take a look at the latest 'racist' tweet from Trump. He didn't say anything racist, yet the MSM claimed he did. When shown the exact tweet with no racist remarks.....the only answer from the TDS crowd is that is you support Trump, you're a racist.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

According to wiki, PJ media, Pyjamas Media, or whatever they call themselves this week is not a peer reviewed source of Psyc. advise....

pj media .com wikipedia
                            You should probably read the linked article from the Washingtonian

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Trump Anxiety Disorder

It is important to remember that
                              to quote Lord Balfour

" there once was an ice age, and the ice age will come again..."

OTOH. Arthur Balfour never had to abandon Nuttiness for love:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X