• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Um, sure.

Except you said:
    "THe presidency has a different standard than congress."

And then you implied that standard was in the Constitution.

Then you tried to claim the case you cited somehow stood for the proposition that the president is held to a different standard than congress.

Except the language of your own case says "public official". A "public official" would include a member of congress. Meaning they will be held to the "same" standard. And you still can't tell me where the constitution supports your claim of "different standard".
    But keep digging, you're running rings around me with evidence that keeps proving my point.
    The courts ruled it was "unconstitutional"
    So a violation of the constitution. It's not like Donald really cares about the constitution. He'll act like he's the hugest Patriot in the whole word historically. Bigger than everyone! Even Reagan!

But a man who's conned people his entire life lies for a living. Don't you notice him conning people?

Comment

Do not advocate death threats against members of the government - even in jest. This is your first and only warning.

ACG staff
      Last edited by Skoblin; 15 Jul 19, 13:53.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

The implosion of the democrats continue:

https://twitter.com/HouseDemocrats/s...801286148?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          I understand what the different standard is. I just highlighted it. Other members of congress don't use their twitter accounts to conduct official business. Derped.
          Yea, sure...

https://resist.blog/us-house-represe...-twitter-list/

https://www.dailysignal.com/2015/03/...ment-business/

https://firstamendmentcoalition.org/...to-subvert-it/

Comment

The courts ruled it was "unconstitutional"
            So a violation of the constitution. It's not like Donald really cares about the constitution. He'll act like he's the hugest Patriot in the whole word historically. Bigger than everyone! Even Reagan!

But a man who's conned people his entire life lies for a living. Don't you notice him conning people?

Weird how you keep avoiding the point. It is almost as if you know you are wrong (you are) but think you can hide it by changing the subject.
            I never talked about trump. I asked that you defend a ridiculous claim you made.

You said that the president is held to a different standard than congress. That was BS, and it now seems you have realized it, but don’t want to admit it.
            The case you keep trying to misrepresent, said that “public officials” are held to the standard you claimed was limited to the president.
            In other words, congress will be held to the same standard as the president.
            That is consistent with the constitution by the way as the 1st Amendment makes no distinction between branches of the government. They are all held to the same standard.
            In other words, you are wrong.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
              The implosion of the democrats continue:

https://twitter.com/HouseDemocrats/s...801286148?s=19
              The Democratic Anti-American Party...DAAP.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

You said that the president is held to a different standard than congress.
                I did say that concerning the tweet ruling on Trump blocking people. That's what the discussion was about. Compared with congress blocking people on their twitter accounts, they're held to a different standard.

Comment

I did say that concerning the tweet ruling on Trump blocking people. That's what the discussion was about. Compared with congress blocking people on their twitter accounts, they're held to a different standard.

Ah, back where you started.
                  Given that I have already explained why your all of the evidence you cited proves you are wrong, I won't trouble myself doing it again.

And I noticed that you edited out the rest of my post so you could pretend away the parts you want to ignore.

I'm pretty sure everyone else noticed too.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Ah, back where you started.
                    Given that I have already explained why your all of the evidence you cited proves you are wrong, I won't trouble myself doing it again.

And I noticed that you edited out the rest of my post so you could pretend away the parts you want to ignore.

I'm pretty sure everyone else noticed too.
                    So tell me the point of even debating the courts ruling on Trump being able to ban people? You'll tell me it's the MSM and their liberal social media elites trying to silence conservative speech. Right?

Comment

So tell me the point of even debating the courts ruling on Trump being able to ban people? You'll tell me it's the MSM and their liberal social media elites trying to silence conservative speech. Right?
                      No. I merely asked you to explain your ridiculous claim that a president is held to a different standard than congress.
                      The problem is that you failed to understand what the court said, or misrepresented it.
                      A president is a public figure, but then so is AOC, or Pelosi. If the court meant to limit its ruling to a president it would not have used the phrase "public figure".
                      Any "public figure" who uses twitter as trump does will be held to the exact same standard.
                      If you wish to debate the court's ruling, then it is necessary for you to understand what they said. and they did not say what you claimed they did.
                      And the MSM and Trump and conservatives are not relevant to a debate about what the court did and the fact you mention them makes me believe you are just trying to change the subject.

Comment

No. I merely asked you to explain your ridiculous claim that a president is held to a different standard than congress.
                        The problem is that you failed to understand what the court said, or misrepresented it.
                        A president is a public figure, but then so is AOC, or Pelosi. If the court meant to limit its ruling to a president it would not have used the phrase "public figure".
                        Any "public figure" who uses twitter as trump does will be held to the exact same standard.
                        If you wish to debate the court's ruling, then it is necessary for you to understand what they said. and they did not say what you claimed they did.
                        And the MSM and Trump and conservatives are not relevant to a debate about what the court did and the fact you mention them makes me believe you are just trying to change the subject.
                        I'm strictly referring to the OP and why the president can't ban people and congress can. Different standard.

Comment

I'm strictly referring to the OP and why the president can't ban people and congress can. Different standard.
                          Oh, the pretend standard that you can't prove exists and is contradicted by all of your claimed evidence?
                          The standard that applies to "public officials"? (which includes congress)
                          The standard that applies to all government officials (based on current case law) not just the president?

Since you are clearly just trolling, I'm going to ignore you and you can pretend you've won.

Comment

Oh, the pretend standard that you can't prove exists and is contradicted by all of your claimed evidence?
                            The standard that applies to "public officials"? (which includes congress)
                            The standard that applies to all government officials (based on current case law) not just the president?

Since you are clearly just trolling, I'm going to ignore you and you can pretend you've won.

I already pointed out pages ago that this standard is 'because the president uses his twitter account for official business." Congress does not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X