Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The British Ambassador on Trump...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The British Ambassador on Trump...

    The British Ambassador to the United States had his assessment of Trump ('inept, insecure, and incompetent') leaked to the press. The information sent to the British government was classified as it was diplomatic information and should not have been. That being said, the ambassador's assessment is right on the money.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/u...m-darroch.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    The information sent to the British government was classified as it was diplomatic information and should not have been. That being said, the ambassador's assessment is right on the money.
    What are your thoughts on Wikileaks? Was it right on the money regarding Clinton and operations in Iraq & Afghanistan?

    There is no difference between what Wikileaks did and what the MSM did.....it is one in the same.
    Last edited by Nichols; 10 Jul 19, 00:25.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Massena View Post
      The British Ambassador to the United States had his assessment of Trump ('inept, insecure, and incompetent') leaked to the press. The information sent to the British government was classified as it was diplomatic information and should not have been. That being said, the ambassador's assessment is right on the money.

      https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/u...m-darroch.html
      Except the US economy is doing great while Britain can't even get their collective act together over Brexit, and their economy is in a slow decline...

      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-2019-PwC.html

      I'd say his assessment is about as accurate as the usual nonsense that decries anything not British as not as good. But, Britain can't even put an aircraft carrier to sea while France an India can... The biggest employer in Britain is the NHS and is right behind McDonald's in total employment worldwide... But Micky D's makes a profit...

      Comment


      • #4
        The ambassador is a fool and should be fired immediately : an ambassador and security expert who thinks that he can write\email secret memos and that these will not be leaked is an imbecile .
        Everyone knows that to keep something secret, there is only one solution : do not write it on paper, do not email it, do not tell it to politicians . Keep it for you .
        If what Darroch claims is right, the whole of Whitehall would know it and there is no need to tell them .
        If what Darroch claims is wrong , he should never make it public.And telling it to Whitehall is making it public .Whitehall survives on leaks .
        Besides, it is irrelevant if it is correct or wrong : the results for Britain are disastrous .And Darroch is responsible . He should have known that it would be leaked .

        Comment


        • #5
          Sir Christopher Meyer told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "It was clearly somebody who set out deliberately to sabotage Sir Kim's ambassadorship, to make his position untenable and to have him replaced by somebody more congenial to the leaker."
          This seems plausible.

          On the question of how many people within government would typically see cables from an ambassador, Sir Alan said that although he was guessing, it could be around 100 people depending on classification.
          https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48921235
          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
          Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ljadw View Post
            The ambassador is a fool and should be fired immediately : an ambassador and security expert who thinks that he can write\email secret memos and that these will not be leaked is an imbecile .
            Everyone knows that to keep something secret, there is only one solution : do not write it on paper, do not email it, do not tell it to politicians . Keep it for you .
            If what Darroch claims is right, the whole of Whitehall would know it and there is no need to tell them .
            If what Darroch claims is wrong , he should never make it public.And telling it to Whitehall is making it public .Whitehall survives on leaks .
            Besides, it is irrelevant if it is correct or wrong : the results for Britain are disastrous .And Darroch is responsible . He should have known that it would be leaked .
            What a load of codswallop. If an ambassador is asked by his boss in the Foreign Office to send him/her his views on matters/persons then he has no choice but to do so and it it is his his duty to do so as clearly as possible

            If one looks at the US diplomatic telegrams from US ambassadors around the world in WW2 (all now in the public domain and a very useful if often overlooked source) there are certainly some that are less than complimentary to the British Government. However I suspect that Churchill would not have thrown his rattle out of the pram had he known.
            Last edited by MarkV; 10 Jul 19, 04:11.
            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MarkV View Post

              What a load of codswallop. If an ambassador is asked by his boss in the Foreign Office to send him/her his views on matters/persons then he has no choice but to do so and it it is his his duty to do so as clearly as possible

              If one looks at the US diplomatic telegrams from US ambassadors around the world in WW2 (all now in the public domain and a very useful if often overlooked source) there are certainly some that are less than complimentary to the British Government. However I suspect that Churchill would not have thrown his rattle out of the pram had he known.
              Where is your proof that the Foreign Secretary asked the British Ambassador in the US to give him his opinion about the Trump Administration ?
              And why should the opinion of the British ambassador be relevant ?
              As far as I know the ambassador and the Foreign Secretary are not American citizens, can not vote in the US elections and have no business how the Trump administration is functioning .The pro and anti of the Trump administration are the business of the US people only, not of foreign governments .

              Comment


              • #8
                And there is also the fact that Darroch is a liberal, appointed NSA by Cameron,that he is hostile to Trump, hostile to Brexit , hostile to Israel .
                And Cameron is also a liberal,hostile to Trump, hostile to Brexit, hostile to Israel .
                The first speech of Cameron after he resigned as PM was in Indiana ( december 2016 ) where he praised Obama and attacked Trump .
                Darroch is a prominent member of British Deep State, appointed ambassador in the US by Cameron, because Cameron was convinced that Hillary would win the elections and all three (Darroch, Cameron, Hillay ) were birds of a feather who flock together .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  If one looks at the US diplomatic telegrams from US ambassadors around the world in WW2 (all now in the public domain and a very useful if often overlooked source) there are certainly some that are less than complimentary to the British Government. However I suspect that Churchill would not have thrown his rattle out of the pram had he known.
                  Where can on read the Joe Kennedy ones? I bet Churchill was utterly furious with the man.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Darroch is leaving the US for Britain .
                    Justice is done .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gooner View Post

                      Where can on read the Joe Kennedy ones? I bet Churchill was utterly furious with the man.
                      Foreign Relations of the United States: Diplomatic Papers Europe 1939
                      Foreign Relations of the United States: Diplomatic Papers Europe 1940

                      Be warned each runs into several volumes - on the other hand they are searchable on line. Of course they won't contain Kennedy's correspondence with the Germans such as when
                      he got promised the Scotch Whisky concession in the event of a German occupation

                      The Irish diplomatic papers for the same period can also be accessed. They can be useful for explanations of the Rome end of the Axis as Paddy's man in Rome had good relations with Ciano etc and used to have to explain things to his minister in Dublin (who I get the impression was somewhat bemused)
                      Last edited by MarkV; 10 Jul 19, 06:45.
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                        What are your thoughts on Wikileaks? Was it right on the money regarding Clinton and operations in Iraq & Afghanistan?

                        There is no difference between what Wikileaks did and what the MSM did.....it is one in the same.
                        I find, always have, to be worthless and just an engine to make money for one person.

                        Oh and when all else fails don't forget to mention Clinton and Obama.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gooner View Post

                          Where can on read the Joe Kennedy ones? I bet Churchill was utterly furious with the man.
                          Apples and oranges
                          Chamberlain was head of government ,while Trump is head of government and head of state .If the US ambassador was attacking the Queen, Harry, Meghan, Philip, what would be the British reaction ?
                          Besides, Joe Kennedy's ones were not made public ,and if they were, he would have been forced to quit .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                            Where is your proof that the Foreign Secretary asked the British Ambassador in the US to give him his opinion about the Trump Administration ?
                            And why should the opinion of the British ambassador be relevant ?
                            As far as I know the ambassador and the Foreign Secretary are not American citizens, can not vote in the US elections and have no business how the Trump administration is functioning .The pro and anti of the Trump administration are the business of the US people only, not of foreign governments .
                            What do you think an ambassador's job is?
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nichols View Post

                              What are your thoughts on Wikileaks? Was it right on the money regarding Clinton and operations in Iraq & Afghanistan?

                              There is no difference between what Wikileaks did and what the MSM did.....it is one in the same.
                              The British ambassador's information was for the British government and no one else. The person who leaked it should be punished.
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X