X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US Women's Soccer Team...

...Does not think too highly of Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fif...cid=spartandhp

'USWNT defender Ali Krieger issued a strong rebuke to President Donald Trump after he tweeted about teammate Megan Rapinoe on Wednesday.'

'"In regards to the 'President's' tweet today, I know women who you cannot control or grope anger you, but I stand by (Rapinoe) & will sit this one out as well," Krieger wrote.'

'"I don't support this administration nor their fight against LGBTQ+ citizens, immigrants & our most vulnerable."'

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Rapinoe has been protesting the national anthem for quite some time now. When no one noticed, she leaked it to the media. Who cares? I don't. As long as she's not disrespecting the anthem, she can continue doing what she's been doing, standing to it.

Comment

The US has a women's soccer team...?

Comment

Yes they're actually better than their male counterparts

They narrowly lost out to Italy - I think, I'd have to check...

Isn't soccer practiced more by girls in the US, kind of like basketbal here ?
        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

They are still amongst the favourites to win the Womens world cup
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

They are still amongst the favourites to win the Womens world cup
            They also bring in $20 million a year more than their male counterparts in advertising but they get paid a quarter as much.
            Sexism in sport is alive and well.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Women WC is live on national TV here now, that's probably a good start towards better pay..

Unfortunately viewers numbers are disappointing, since women apparently do not watch other women play like men do

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I was watching...until it became politicized, then I switched off. Sports used to be a great form of escapism from everything going on outside the stadium until players began using it as a personal stage to voice their political grievances. I don't watch sports anymore and I'm content just to read about it next day.

That said, I'm happy for the Lesbian World Cup on their increasing popularity and do hope they soon receive the same pay as their male counterparts.

You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                  They also bring in $20 million a year more than their male counterparts in advertising but they get paid a quarter as much.
                  Source?
                  ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                  2) Enjoy playing it
                  3) Enjoy sharing it
                  4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

The US womenís team beat Spain in the womenís World Cup.
                    They are more successful than the US menís team, but arenít better.
                    Admittedly, that may not have been what you meant.
                    Anyway, womenís national teams play high school boyís teams now and then and get crushed.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post

Source?

Iím curious too. I saw the breakdown of revenue generated a couple years ago and it wasnít close with the menís team brining in far more.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                        They are more successful than the US menís team, but arenít better.
                        Admittedly, that may not have been what you meant..
                        Since the women haven't played the men's team, you really can't make that assumption, unless of course you're just being sexist and assuming the men are better simply because they are men. You have to look at accomplishments. And the woman's World Cup team has crushed the men in that regard.

Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Women WC is live on national TV here now, that's probably a good start towards better pay..

Unfortunately viewers numbers are disappointing, since women apparently do not watch other women play like men do
                          The world cup is live on Fox Sports.
                          Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

This Friday the woman will take on France. The woman's team did not play very well on Monday against Spain winning on two penalty kicks in the box. Still, it should be a good game with the Americans the favored. Norway and England play today.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

Since the women haven't played the men's team, you really can't make that assumption, unless of course you're just being sexist and assuming the men are better simply because they are men. You have to look at accomplishments. And the woman's World Cup team has crushed the men in that regard.

I base my opinion on the fact that 2 WWC powers (Australia and Sweden) have played boy's high school teams in the last few years and got crushed.
                              https://www.dailywire.com/news/6072/...-prestigiacomo

I also tend to watch the women's team and the men's team. The difference in ability and athleticism is obvious.
                              I've never seen Mike Tyson fight my sister either, but I still know who would win

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X