Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments

I expect "the usual suspects" to quibble on the qualitative aspects of the items here, but the claim that Trump "hasn't accomplished anything" would appear to be either gross lying or gross ignorance.

Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
    I expect "the usual suspects" to quibble on the qualitative aspects of the items here, but the claim that Trump "hasn't accomplished anything" would appear to be either gross lying or gross ignorance.

Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping
    Imagine how much more he could accomplish if the Democrats stopped betraying the American people.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

We can now make it 290 accomplishments...

Trump successfully defunded Planned Parenthood abortion clinics.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Correction, Federal taxpayer funding. They can still get all the private and other source funding they successfully solicit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Imagine how much more he could accomplish if the Democrats stopped betraying the American people.
          RW media talking point. They all repeat it, then you do. Most of Trump's accomplishments have a negative affect on America and her strength in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            RW media talking point. They all repeat it, then you do. Most of Trump's accomplishments have a negative affect on America and her strength in the world.
            Do tell us, what great things have the Democrats accomplished since regaining control of the House?

Comment

^ What positive did they accomplish when they had Barry "ruining" for eight years?

Comment

^ What positive did they accomplish when they had Barry "ruining" for eight years?
                I want Inevidab1e to tell us...

Comment

The only promises I cared about was ending US involvement in Syria, sending in Feds to high crime areas, repealing Obamacare, building the wall, tackling illegal immigration, deregulation, shrinking government, reducing deficit, term limits. So for me he has only delivered on one meaningful promise thus far, deregulation.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Some would find your statement disgusting
                    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      The only promises I cared about was ending US involvement in Syria, sending in Feds to high crime areas, repealing Obamacare, building the wall, tackling illegal immigration, deregulation, shrinking government, reducing deficit, term limits. So for me he has only delivered on one meaningful promise thus far, deregulation.
                      POTUS is not a dictator.
                      Most of your list is what Congress would have to pass legislation on that he could sign.

Comment

POTUS is not a dictator.
                        Most of your list is what Congress would have to pass legislation on that he could sign.
                        Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the core of our foreign or domestic policy to ever change. But, the things I detailed were all promises he made. So that's what I'm going off of and actually most of it he could have done. The withdrawal from Syria does not require congress. He had the withdrawal set and then caved to the MSM and establishment to stay. He can ramp up deportations. Again, he had the power to do that this weekend with the ICE raids but chose not to. Instead, he'd rather strike a deal with democrats who don't give a damn about our border security. The time for Trump to take matters into his own hands has passed. Each day that goes by without real security and significant deportations only helps democrats and hurts Americans. So I have to say his approach has been too soft and thus unsatisfactory.

Term limits, I will admit is unrealistic, I said that when he was elected. But, why make promises you can't keep? Reducing the deficit was realistic. His proposed budget didn't even do so. He didn't even try to fight for it. A lot more deregulation can be done by executive order. He also has the power to send in the Feds to high crime areas, he hasn't done it.

Sure, Trump has some accomplishments under his belt. But, were they game changers? Did he operate as an outsider who wanted to defeat the establishment? Did he bring us back to our old ways of small federal government? Has he done anything revolutionary? No. Thus far it has been the same big government policies with a very slight right-wing spin. That is when separating the rhetoric from actual action. Trump talks like a far right lunatic, but operates barely right of center imho.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post

Some would find your statement disgusting
                          Saving babies.....not disgusting.

Legal genocide is disgusting.
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Also, while it was a promise he made and didn't keep, I will not pin the failure of repealing Obamacare on Trump. But, since this is something we're stuck with, I would have liked to see Trump do something that the democrats can't easily reverse once they're back in office. For example, it is a given that taxes are going back up. However, if he had moved us to a new tax system (and abolish the IRS), maybe that wouldn't have been so easy to do.

Unrealistic? Only so, because most Americans have such low standards for our Presidents now.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Saving babies.....not disgusting.

Legal genocide is disgusting.
                              Yes, according to those who are intelligent enough to believe in a fictional religion
                              Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
                              Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
                              Barbarossa Derailed I & II
                              Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X