• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post

Some would find your statement disgusting
    I hope you were extremely disgusted...

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Accomplishment #291

Trump crosses the DMZ to meet with young Kim Jong-un.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        You can hair split all you want, but the minute Trump entered office, the stock market took off. The economy stopped lurching along and began to pick up. It wasn't just tax cuts. It was stopping then massively reversing the regulatory tsunami Obama unleashed. It was stopping the war on coal and the forced "Green" economy that didn't work. It was no longer government leading business but rather government getting out of the way.

As for your last sentence. That's trying to tell me something using Proof of a Negative. We have no idea how anyone else would do. For example, I'd say if Hillary won and continued the economics of the Left and Obama the economy would be creeping along still. I'd also say that you'd be seeing an unprecedented and massive amount of corruption and quid pro quo going on in Washington. Hillary's administration would have opened the doors to bribery, graft, dirty double dealing, insider favoritism, and everything else like it. The proof of that was the Clinton's eight years in office back in the 90's.

I suppose the simplest way to say it was Once the Election was over it meant that Obama was no longer really in charge, they where happy to finally get rid of the guy, so any one could of possibly done well with that (though with some candidates I would suspect that it would of been very short lived...).

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
          Accomplishment #291

Trump crosses the DMZ to meet with young Kim Jong-un.
          is that an accomplishment

if Obama did it how many people on this forum would be saying how bad it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebfer View Post

I suppose the simplest way to say it was Once the Election was over it meant that Obama was no longer really in charge, they where happy to finally get rid of the guy, so any one could of possibly done well with that (though with some candidates I would suspect that it would of been very short lived...).
            Actually it was not they were happy to get rid of the guy. They just knew how to place there bets. Most of the neutral economist were saying this in the months prior to the election that lots of money on the sidelines waiting to bet. ie for the election to be over

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

They would still be posting articles about how NK wants to nuke California and that Obama caved to another enemy of the US.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Maybe as many here that claimed Trump wanted to start a war with NK via Rocketman name calling. No war happened....

Maybe as many here that claimed Kim would get concessions out of Trump at Singapore.... No concessions happened.

Maybe as many here that claimed Trump got mad and walked out of the talks in Vietnam and lost an opportunity..... NK wanted concessions, Trump walked out.

Maybe as many here that claim Trump is best friends with Kim because of a tweet or a letter.

Maybe as many here that claim this was just a photo OP for Trump. Or a sign that Kim controls Trump

At the end of the day, many rational and irrational things are being claimed by both sides of the political spectrum.

The President of South Korea is encouraging Trump.... This should tell all of us something. It this point, I don't care if Trump and Kim get married to get rid of the nuclear weapons and open up North Korea to the world community. This probably wont be like a Shah of Iran deal because South Korea has the abity to help bring their North Korean brothers and sisters into the 21st Century. There were a lot of families separated in July 1953, that generation is rapidly passing away. Now is the time for reunification. The Koreans in the south have wanted this for a long time.

Trump being Trump, the next major event will probably be on July 27th.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Many of the accomplishments on this list are just a rewording of the same thing, or like Trumps pants crotch, padded.
                  Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

It's debatable whether or not he even deserves credit for everything on that list. There's nothing specific he did for women or minorities to lower their unemployment rate.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      It's debatable whether or not he even deserves credit for everything on that list. There's nothing specific he did for women or minorities to lower their unemployment rate.
                      It's not like that's anything new. Both sides do it. Both sides take credit for anything good or spinable. If an asteroid was heading toward earth, and a secret lazer cannon housed in NORAD that was secretly built by the Kennedy/Reagan administration blasted it off course, both sides would take credit for it. Same old ****.
                      Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                        How is it debatable? Even CNN is admitting that he deserves credit for it.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Oh geez ... !!!

Folks, many of you in this chain of 40+ points just failed "big time" in showing you either didn't read through the linked article in the OP, or worse, failed to understand and grasp some key points and data to begin with.

For a start, and the main point to consider, seems none of you tweaked on noting the date of the OP linked article:
                            "
                            by Paul Bedard

October 12, 2018 08:43 AM
                            "

That's nearly NINE MONTHS AGO !!!!

I'd wager the number since has grown to more than 291 ...

Sorry to say, but most of you just flunked a basic test to see if you could qualify for a G2/S2 Staff position as the Intelligence Officer, due to this oversight of an essential detail.

I won't name names now, but have you all on my personal list of rejects.

A reminder that as a military history forum, attention to details is helpful if not essential part of the skill set needed here.

BTW, for those whom may not have clued in yet, I sometimes make "baited" posts or threads as such a test to gauge the status of participants here, and by third page of 40+ posts, rather disappointed none have picked up on that.

More to follow here once I'm caught up on day's chores and tasks and have time to return.

Comment

Before starting to go through that NINE MONTHS OLD list, some essential text of the OP linked article to give perspective;
                              As Trump nears the two-year mark of his historic election and conducts political rallies around the country, during which he talks up his wins in hopes it will energize Republican voters, the administration has counted up 289 accomplishments in 18 categories, capped by the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

They include 173 major wins, such as adding more than 4 million jobs, and another 116 smaller victories, some with outsize importance, such as the 83 percent one-year increase in arrests of MS-13 gang members.

“Trump’s successes in reducing the cost of taxes and regulations, rebuilding our military, avoiding wars of choice and changing the courts rival those of all previous Republican presidents,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform.

“Trump has an advantage over Ronald Reagan: He has a Reagan Republican House and Senate while Reagan had a [Democratic Speaker] Tip O’Neill House and a pre-Reagan Republican Senate. Reagan and [former GOP Speaker] Newt Gingrich were the ice breakers that allowed Trump’s victories to grow in number and significance,” he added.

Unlike the Year One list which included many proposals and orders still to be acted on, the new collection includes dozens of actions already in place, signed legislation, and enforced executive orders.

For example, while the Year One list bragged about the administration’s efforts to rewrite the much-maligned NAFTA trade deal with Canada and Mexico, the Year Two list said: “Negotiated an historic U.S.-Mexico-Canada Trade Agreement to replace NAFTA.”

And shockingly the NAFTA achievement is presented as a sidebar to the larger achievement that reads, “President Trump is negotiating and renegotiating better trade deals, achieving free, fair, and reciprocal trade for the United States.” Under that umbrella are eight trade deals cut with Japan, South Korea, Europe and China.

“President Trump is a truly unique leader in American history. He’s a kid from Queens who became an international business leader and made billions by getting things when no one said he could,” said Trump’s 2016 campaign pollster John McLaughlin.
                              https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping

Comment

Certainly is, 1st US sitting POTUS to do so.

But Obama didn't do it, therefore, we'll never know what people on this forum would've said...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X