Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden supported the restoration of citizenship to Confederate leader Jefferson Davis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden supported the restoration of citizenship to Confederate leader Jefferson Davis

What a PC conundrum for the Demos.

Biden - a Neo-Confederate?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/12/j...te-jeff-davis/
    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Jimmy Carter did the same for Robert E Lee -- in exchange for pardons for Vietnam draft-dodgers. Wonder what Biden expects to get in return for Davis' rehabilitation . . . .
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Jimmy Carter did the same for Robert E Lee -- in exchange for pardons for Vietnam draft-dodgers. Wonder what Biden expects to get in return for Davis' rehabilitation . . . .
      That's easy...the Southern vote.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

^ Maybe the man from Plains wasn't so silly after all . . . .

Comment

His position on Jefferson Davis is irrelevant. What's more interesting is/was his position on segregation. While the concept of segregation sounds fine in theory, it falls apart when taking into account the significant difference in population count. When 13% of the population has to stay to itself, it puts that population at a significant disadvantage based on numbers alone. So, does Biden care about fair opportunity towards prosperity for blacks in America? My guess would be no. But, then neither does the vast majority of other politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            His position on Jefferson Davis is irrelevant. What's more interesting is/was his position on segregation. While the concept of segregation sounds fine in theory, it falls apart when taking into account the significant difference in population count. When 13% of the population has to stay to itself, it puts that population at a significant disadvantage based on numbers alone. So, does Biden care about fair opportunity towards prosperity for blacks in America? My guess would be no. But, then neither does the vast majority of other politicians.
            Are you saying that there was a time in Biden's career when he supported racial segregation?

Comment

In 1975 Biden opposed busing and sought the help of segregationists .

Comment

...His position on Jefferson Davis is irrelevant...
                His position on Jefferson Davis is the subject of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post

His position on Jefferson Davis is the subject of this thread.
                  Thank you for pointing that out. Obviously my point is it's not relevant to his character or judging him on race relations. In other words, it's not a big deal.

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out. Obviously my point is it's not relevant to his character or judging him on race relations. In other words, it's not a big deal.
                    It is when the MSM wants to make Trump out as an out-and-out Klan loving, Confederate flag waving, bigot for a couple of comments on a protest march...
                    This is equivalent triviality that with all things being Fair and Equal, as the Left likes to say, makes Biden a Klan loving, Confederate flag waving bigot.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

It is when the MSM wants to make Trump out as an out-and-out Klan loving, Confederate flag waving, bigot for a couple of comments on a protest march...
                      This is equivalent triviality that with all things being Fair and Equal, as the Left likes to say, makes Biden a Klan loving, Confederate flag waving bigot.
                      Referring to the Klan and neo nazis as good people, trying to significantly reduce legal immigration, saying we need more white immigrants than black immigrants, referring to black countries as **** holes, a history of discrimination within his businesses, being reluctant to denounce klan members and white supremacist, republican members of congress coming out and saying that his views on race are bad, retweeting white supremacist on numerous occasions, constantly taking generalized shots at everyone not white, at the head of one of the most racist and bigoted political movements of modern times, etc etc.

For anyone being objective this is all a bigger red flag than restoring the citizenship of a deceased confederate president.

Comment

Referring to the Klan and neo nazis as good people, trying to significantly reduce legal immigration, saying we need more white immigrants than black immigrants, referring to black countries as **** holes, a history of discrimination within his businesses, being reluctant to denounce klan members and white supremacist, republican members of congress coming out and saying that his views on race are bad, retweeting white supremacist on numerous occasions, constantly taking generalized shots at everyone not white, at the head of one of the most racist and bigoted political movements of modern times, etc etc.

For anyone being objective this is all a bigger red flag than restoring the citizenship of a deceased confederate president.
                        Maybe you should read a full version of his comments, because they are exactly the opposite of what you claim.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...nscript-241662

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                          What a PC conundrum for the Demos.

Biden - a Neo-Confederate?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/12/j...te-jeff-davis/
                          He's going for the conservative vote as well.

Comment

Maybe you should read a full version of his comments, because they are exactly the opposite of what you claim.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...nscript-241662
                            A Demonrat cannot hear the un-edted words of Trump any more than a Vampire can eat Garlic or a Werwolf can stomach silver bullets.
                            Its as if they would catch fire or something.
                            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Then again - maybe you shouldn't

Now here is the thing. Excuse me, excuse me. Take it nice and easy. Here is the thing, when I make a statement, I like to be correct. I want the facts. This event just happened. A lot of the event didn't happen yet as we were speaking. This event just happened. Before I make a statement, I need the facts, so I don't want to rush into a statement. So making the statement when I made it was excellent.
                              If he would just shut up he would actually be a pretty good US president...

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X