Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Says He Would Use Information From Foreign Governments...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

I see where Trump says he would listen to it but I don't see where he said he would use it as the title of this thread says.

My opinion; there is a difference between listening to and using the information.

I guess the best way to show the difference would be uaing the last election.

The DNC paid for the Steele Dossier, had they listened to the findings and not used it as part of the FISA process.......no problem. But the administration didn't, the used that dossier plus some Intel from a foreign country to spy on an American citizen.

Again, if he said he would use the info that is one thing but listening to it? .......no big deal.
    It is a big deal as it is against the law. Are you advocating that it is OK to break the law?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• If it were against the law, Bill and Hildabeast would be breaking rocks in the hot sun
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        If it were against the law, Bill and Hildabeast would be breaking rocks in the hot sun
        So, you're saying that it's OK because Trump advocates it? No matter what the law is?
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post

So, you're saying that it's OK because Trump advocates it? No matter what the law is?
          Clearly you did not read what I wrote, I didn't mention Trump.
          Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
          Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

It is a big deal as it is against the law. Are you advocating that it is OK to break the law?
            How is listening to something breaking the law?
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Not if it is obtained from foreign governments or intelligence services. That is against US law. It has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
              And what is this law ?
              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post

How is listening to something breaking the law?
                Even paying attention to someone trying to solicit support or give 'helpful information' from a foreign government is against the law. Were you never told to report all foreign contacts when you were in the service? We certainly were, especially when I was stationed in DC.

Comment

Even paying attention to someone trying to solicit support or give 'helpful information' from a foreign government is against the law. Were you never told to report all foreign contacts when you were in the service? We certainly were, especially when I was stationed in DC.
                  Listening is not against the law. Acting on what was told might be but it wasn't against the law for the Obama Admistration. They used information from an Australian government person to initiate spying on a US citizen.

Anyways, the title of the thread is wrong; at no time did Trump say that he would use the information in the OP article.

No need to pull your service into this.
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Emtos View Post

And what is this law ?
                    Don't expect a response, he keeps dodging that. Same as he over looks that right at the start of the interview Trump said he'd BOTH listen to and report such to FBI, etc.

This thread is classic example of "faked news".

Comment

• Was she writing about the October 25, 2017
                      complaint
                      filed against the Democratic National Committee and Hillary for America that pointed to Clinton using Perkins Coie to use foreigners to help the Clinton campaign defeat Trump? Of course not! You see, when Clinton uses foreigners to meddle in elections, all the really smart people argue its
                      perfectly legal
                      . When Trump hypothetically entertains the same idea in a recent ABC News interview, hes an
                      enemy of the state
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

They serve the nation and take their oath of service to the US Constitution. Since that is the oath of service I took, I haven't forgotten anything. The libertarian propaganda that you post is interesting, but it is just that-propaganda.
                        QUOTE:
                        Libertarianism (from Latin: libertas, meaning "freedom") is a collection of political philosophies and movements that uphold liberty as a core principle.[1] Libertarians seek to maximize political freedom and autonomy, emphasizing freedom of choice, voluntary association, and individual judgment.[2][3][4] Libertarians share a skepticism of authority and state power, but they diverge on the scope of their opposition to existing political and economic systems. Various schools of libertarian thought offer a range of views regarding the legitimate functions of state and private power, often calling for the restriction or dissolution of coercive social institutions.[5]
                        ~~~...Modern right-libertarian ideologies, such as minarchism and anarcho-capitalism, co-opted the term in the mid-20th century to instead advocate laissez-faire capitalism and strong private property rights such as in land, infrastructure and natural resources.[10][11][12]
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would seem to put me just right of center then.
                        Puts you where ... ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthrax View Post
                          Our democracy has jumped the shark.
                          We are a Republic, not a Democracy ...
                          The American Form Of Government
                          https://youtu.be/VogzExP3qhI

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            Was she writing about the October 25, 2017
                            complaint
                            filed against the Democratic National Committee and Hillary for America that pointed to Clinton using Perkins Coie to use foreigners to help the Clinton campaign defeat Trump? Of course not! You see, when Clinton uses foreigners to meddle in elections, all the really smart people argue its
                            perfectly legal
                            . When Trump hypothetically entertains the same idea in a recent ABC News interview, hes an
                            enemy of the state
                            But there are no political double-standards in the USA of today ...

The American Form Of Government
                            https://youtu.be/VogzExP3qhI

Also, note thread title;
                            Trump "says", but no meaningful prove he has done yet ...

Second, he said he might listen to such information, but "would do both" in reporting such to relevant Fed Agencies, chain, etc.

Third, we have another Loonie-Left Trump Derangers "faked news" taking a later quote out of context and presenting a distortion that fits their delusions = Leftist propaganda.

Fourth, we have a recent candidate precedent via the H. Clinton campaign and their paying for and soliciting an "incriminating" report to besmirch Trump during the election of 2016. In essence engaged in collusion with foreign interests and guv'mints ("the Russians") to "influence" the 2016 POTUS election. ~ That political double standard advanced by some elements of our society.

Comment

• Hope Hicks verifies under oath that Trump said he would use foreign influence in elections:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

'Hope Hicks, once a close aide to President Donald Trump, told the House Judiciary Committee that Trump was serious in saying there was nothing wrong in accepting derogatory information about political opponents from a foreign government, panel Chairman Jerrold Nadler said on Thursday.'

'"Ms. Hicks made clear that she understood the president to be serious when he said that he would accept foreign interference in our elections," Nadler said in a statement for a hearing on former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.'

'"She also made clear that even she knew that such foreign assistance should be rejected and reported to the FBI," he said.'

'The committee later heard from an expert witness who said Trump's remarks about accepting foreign assistance, made in an ABC News interview, could violate the presidential oath of office and provide evidence for any future impeachment inquiry.'

'"Receiving foreign assistance has been recognized throughout the entire history of the country as something that is counter to and undermines the Constitution," said Carrie Cordero, a conservative attorney who is a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security think tank.'

'"That is an invitation ... to Russian intelligence and any other intelligence service thats out there that wants to try to find a way to influence our democratic processes," she added.'

Quod Erat Demonstratdum.

Trump has a lot to answer for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Clearly you did not read what I wrote, I didn't mention Trump.
                                You don't have to. Your meaning was quite clear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X