Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Says He Would Use Information From Foreign Governments...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bow View Post
    Wake up Americans.....if your president continues along the same path you may wake up one morning to the sound of "The International" and a differant flag flying........
    What path is he continuing on?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

What path is he continuing on?
      Supporting our enemies to the detriment of the country. I find it amazing that you and others still support Trump, who has proven himself both amoral and now traitorous.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Supporting our enemies to the detriment of the country. I find it amazing that you and others still support Trump, who has proven himself both amoral and now traitorous.
        I don't support Trump. I also don't see how he is supporting our enemies. I do see jobs and the economy improving.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

What?

The issue is taking information from a foreign state for use in an election against your opponent. Did you not read the OP?
          You can't have this conversation without acknowledging that the political opponent could be a criminal which very well may be the case of the allegations that Biden used his office to help his son extort money from foreign , are true.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

What are you going to do if he loses? In the recent Quinipiac Poll, he's behind every Democrat that is running. And his favorability rating has never broken fifty percent.

Trump won the electoral vote in 2016-he didn't win the popular vote.
            Shouldn't get to giddy about it. Most polls over-sample Democrats. In the last days before an election they usually give more accurate results so as not to look so bad in their predictions, but prior to that they act basically as a cheerleading outfit for the Demos. The aim of most of them is to fashion public opinion rather than reflect it.
            {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Honest about breaking the law? Honest about betraying the country? You've got to be kidding.

Sorry, almost forgot, you and others here will defend Trump no matter what he does.
              How is it "breaking the law" to use information provided by a foreign source, say a reporter or private citizen, in an election campaign? How is that "betraying the country?" It is neither.
              On the other hand, hiring a corporation, who then hires foreign agents to produce a phony dossier on your political opponents using other foreign agents, and paying them big bucks to do it is illegal.
              It might-- might-- or would be illegal if it involved foreign government agents who got the information by spying or other nefarious means like the Steele dossier...

So, it is you that needs a lesson here. Your TDS leads you to think anything Trump does or even thinks about doing has to somehow be criminal or evil and that he should be pilloried for it. As for me, I think my original statement was objective and fair.

Comment

No, it isn't. Why do you think the Mueller investigation was initiated and they found out that the Russians interfered in the US election. And now Trump is inviting them to do it all over again.
                You are wrong : the first amendment gives foreigners living in the US the right to make propaganda for or against a candidate .

Comment

It's not like foreign powers haven't tried to influence US elections in the past. The late chairman of the Communist Party USA, Gus Hall -- who was known to have received million of dollars of aid from the KGB -- endorsed Lyndon Johnson in 1964 . . . . KGB's Service A had been meddling in US politics from the 1960s through to the fall of the Berlin Wall.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

You are wrong : the first amendment gives foreigners living in the US the right to make propaganda for or against a candidate .
                    But not to fund those candidates. Foreign monies are specifically banned under US law.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Trump is a clear and present danger to the United States.
                      LOL

Why is it OK for Demos to get info from foreign governments?

{}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

The Yellow Press has come out of the closet and out of the past.
                        Every president since GHW Bush has pushed for globalization. Global economy, global media, etc. And news flash, there hasn't been an election in Europe since 1946 that the US hasn't meddled in.
                        We have interfered in elections in Mexico, Chile, Argentina, the Philippines and it was President Clinton who openly bragged about how his administration interfered in the Russian elections to get Yeltsin elected. It was our interference in Vietnam that produced lead to the assassination of at least one leader.
                        George Washington advised us to avoid foreign entanglements. If only!
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

But not to fund those candidates. Foreign monies are specifically banned under US law.
                          Foreign nationals in the US have the right to intervene in election campaigns, but only those who have green cards can intervene financially, although American branches of foreign enterprises also can intervene financially .
                          It is the same for foreigners living outside the US : they can give their opinion about candidates, thus, intervene in the campaigns, but they can not intervene financially .
                          Orban could give Trump dirt about Biden, and Trump would be free to use it, but Orban could not give money to a Trump PAC, and the Trump PAC could not accept the money .
                          In 2016 Hillary was visiting several countries where political leaders expressed their support for her, but ,if they gave her money, this would be illegal,and it would be illegal to accept this money .

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                            Shouldn't get to giddy about it. Most polls over-sample Democrats. In the last days before an election they usually give more accurate results so as not to look so bad in their predictions, but prior to that they act basically as a cheerleading outfit for the Demos. The aim of most of them is to fashion public opinion rather than reflect it.
                            The Quinipiac poll were wrong in 2016, thus why should they be correct in 2019 ?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

How is it "breaking the law" to use information provided by a foreign source, say a reporter or private citizen, in an election campaign? How is that "betraying the country?" It is neither.
                              On the other hand, hiring a corporation, who then hires foreign agents to produce a phony dossier on your political opponents using other foreign agents, and paying them big bucks to do it is illegal.
                              It might-- might-- or would be illegal if it involved foreign government agents who got the information by spying or other nefarious means like the Steele dossier...

So, it is you that needs a lesson here. Your TDS leads you to think anything Trump does or even thinks about doing has to somehow be criminal or evil and that he should be pilloried for it. As for me, I think my original statement was objective and fair.
                              The first amendment allows us to receive such information. Surprisingly, even Trump has 1st Amendment rights. (For now)

Working with foreign governments to obtain the information is different, kind of like Hillary did with the Steele dossier, but apparently that doesn't count.
                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

The first amendment allows us to receive such information. Surprisingly, even Trump has 1st Amendment rights. (For now)

Working with foreign governments to obtain the information is different, kind of like Hillary did with the Steele dossier, but apparently that doesn't count.
                                Or, least we forget, how Hillary and Bill were pulling off "Chinagate" back when he was in office...

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...-gate-scandal/

https://www.judicialwatch.org/cases/chinagate/

https://spectator.org/chinagate-and-the-Clintons/

The Clintons are easily the most brazen consumers of foreign influence buying in American politics in history... They've taken tens, possibly hundreds, of millions in foreign money for quid pro quo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X