Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chicken littles are wrong yet again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Chicken littles are wrong yet again.

    The US National Parks Service have removed signs from Glacier National Park Montana that were put in during the Obama Administration claiming that the Glaciers would all be melted away by 2020,in fact the Glaciers have increased in size.

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/48287...-emily-zanotti

  • #2
    Maybe the Obama administration should have gotten a psychic to make climate change predictions. They'd almost certainly do better than those actually making them now...

    Comment


    • #3
      We are long overdue for a "year without a summer" , that should be out first concern but when you have a community "organizer" as president it isn't surprising that politics trump practical concerns.

      You are not going hear this every day from the leftist media.
      Cold weather kills far more people than hot weather

      https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0520193831.htm


      Cold is also the number one threat to agricultural production. Does our government have a plan to feed us? It's estimated that our food supply may only have 9 months of reserve capacity but even if we could get by a major reduction in food production would throw the world into chaos.

      We can't afford to have any more community organizers in government. We need people that our conscientious and pragmatic in government not ideologues. Our society has adopted the grasshoppers fast lifestyle and attitudes while the ants are being labeled as racist, sexist, bigots and an existential threat to our values.
      We hunt the hunters

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        We are long overdue for a "year without a summer" , that should be out first concern but when you have a community "organizer" as president it isn't surprising that politics trump practical concerns.

        You are not going hear this every day from the leftist media.
        Cold weather kills far more people than hot weather

        https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0520193831.htm


        Cold is also the number one threat to agricultural production. Does our government have a plan to feed us? It's estimated that our food supply may only have 9 months of reserve capacity but even if we could get by a major reduction in food production would throw the world into chaos.

        We can't afford to have any more community organizers in government. We need people that our conscientious and pragmatic in government not ideologues. Our society has adopted the grasshoppers fast lifestyle and attitudes while the ants are being labeled as racist, sexist, bigots and an existential threat to our values.
        Agreed.


        Global cooling (the thing that was going to kill us in the 1970s) may now become an issue.
        Whether it is happening or not remains to be seen.
        Regardless, NASA has reported the largest 2 year drop in temperatures ever recorded (about 150 years)


        Would it surprise you to learn the greatest global two-year cooling event of the last century just occurred? From February 2016 to February 2018 (the latest month available) global average temperatures dropped 0.56°C.
        https://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...ce_103243.html
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

        Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

        Comment


        • #5
          https://www.usgs.gov/centers/norock/...center_objects


          In 2017, the USGS published a time series analysis of the glacier margins of the named glaciers of Glacier National Park . The areas measured are from 1966, 1998, 2005 and 2015/2016, marking approximately 50 years of change in glacier area. Scientists used aerial photography and satellite imagery to measure the perimeters of the glaciers in late summer when seasonal snow had melted to reveal the extent of the glacial ice. The data table shows that all glaciers have been reduced in area since 1966 with some glaciers having been reduced by as much as 85% by 2015. The average area reduction over the approximately 50-year period is 39%. Currently, only 26 glaciers are larger than 0.1 square kilometers (25 acres) which is used as a guideline for deciding if bodies of ice are large enough to be considered glaciers.
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

          Comment


          • #6
            https://www.dailywire.com/news/48287...-emily-zanotti

            proves that you can't believe everything that you read on line.

            Now I must run, as a Nigerian Prince really needs my assistance....
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by marktwain View Post
              https://www.usgs.gov/centers/norock/...center_objects


              In 2017, the USGS published a time series analysis of the glacier margins of the named glaciers of Glacier National Park . The areas measured are from 1966, 1998, 2005 and 2015/2016, marking approximately 50 years of change in glacier area. Scientists used aerial photography and satellite imagery to measure the perimeters of the glaciers in late summer when seasonal snow had melted to reveal the extent of the glacial ice. The data table shows that all glaciers have been reduced in area since 1966 with some glaciers having been reduced by as much as 85% by 2015. The average area reduction over the approximately 50-year period is 39%. Currently, only 26 glaciers are larger than 0.1 square kilometers (25 acres) which is used as a guideline for deciding if bodies of ice are large enough to be considered glaciers.
              Did you pick 2017 on purpose?

              Even if they are shrinking you need to know if it is due to snowfall or temperature. Did I miss something?

              My contention is that the threat of global warming is less than the threat of socialist idiots.
              We hunt the hunters

              Comment


              • #8
                Dunno about that. A hot, dry summer can kill crops pretty effectively too. According to our news here, we are finally out of a drought condition...which I already knew since the river is about to overflow its banks.

                The media is painfully slow around here, but they occassionally get there just the same.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                Comment


                • #9
                  “When they completely disappear, however, will depend on how and when we act," the sign now reads.
                  That's funny.

                  It should read :

                  "They will grow or retract depending on which president you elect next time"

                  "If you elect Bernie Sanders this sign will be painted red"
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                  Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There is an additional threat in the Midwest to crop production. It has been so wet for so long that farmers are way behind in planting due to flooded muddy fields. Hay is ready to harvest in many places but cannot be done due to wet fields and constant threat of rain.
                    “Breaking News,”

                    “Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Dunno about that. A hot, dry summer can kill crops pretty effectively too. According to our news here, we are finally out of a drought condition...which I already knew since the river is about to overflow its banks.

                      The media is painfully slow around here, but they occassionally get there just the same.
                      You could argue that my statement was hyperbolic but many acres of crops are under irrigation that are somewhat immune to drought. Cold effects irrigated as well as nonirrigated crops. Droughts also tend to be more isolated. As to planting because it is too wet there are alternative crops.
                      We hunt the hunters

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The sudden drop in temperatures wreaked havoc on agriculture around the world. In addition to heavy frosts and freezes all but destroying crops in the United States, cold and wet conditions also killed the harvest in Europe and Asia. The widespread crop failures around the world led to famine in many regions of the world, costing countless lives.
                        http://mentalfloss.com/article/73585...without-summer
                        We hunt the hunters

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

                          You could argue that my statement was hyperbolic but many acres of crops are under irrigation that are somewhat immune to drought. Cold effects irrigated as well as nonirrigated crops. Droughts also tend to be more isolated. As to planting because it is too wet there are alternative crops.
                          Irrigation has been problematic for many years here in Colorado, due to some sleazy water deals and the refusal of the Dems in Denver to limit population growth and construction to available, sustainable water supplies.

                          Groundwater is our primary source here, and it's way over-used.

                          As for droughts, I think they are a lot more prevalent than people believe they are; they just aren't publicized as much unless somebody runs out of something somewhere else. When a major store can bring in fruits and vegetables from across the world, people tend not to notice the absence of local stuff. Most people do not know, for example, even right here in Colorado, that Canon City used to grow fruits and vegetables that were shipped all over America by the trainload. All gone now, but lots of nice, ticky-tacky developments to replace them where all those fields and orchards used to be.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                            Irrigation has been problematic for many years here in Colorado, due to some sleazy water deals and the refusal of the Dems in Denver to limit population growth and construction to available, sustainable water supplies.

                            Groundwater is our primary source here, and it's way over-used.

                            As for droughts, I think they are a lot more prevalent than people believe they are; they just aren't publicized as much unless somebody runs out of something somewhere else. When a major store can bring in fruits and vegetables from across the world, people tend not to notice the absence of local stuff. Most people do not know, for example, even right here in Colorado, that Canon City used to grow fruits and vegetables that were shipped all over America by the trainload. All gone now, but lots of nice, ticky-tacky developments to replace them where all those fields and orchards used to be.
                            I own a Western Kansas farm I know all about the high plains desert

                            We hunt the hunters

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

                              Did you pick 2017 on purpose?

                              Even if they are shrinking you need to know if it is due to snowfall or temperature. Did I miss something?

                              My contention is that the threat of global warming is less than the threat of socialist idiots.
                              Wolfman, what you talking?
                              It was a fifty year study.......
                              Glacier is one NPark that all Americans should try to see. It has the last uncompromised ecosystem in the lower 48 . However, the park is " salt deficient" so IF YOU STEP OUT AT 2:30 am to **** and a buck deer elbows past you - he's just after - salt
                              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X