• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrat Rep. Katie Porter Mocks Bill Maher For Not Being Aborted

Democrat Rep. Katie Porter Mocks Bill Maher For Not Being Aborted

OAN Newsroom
    UPDATED 8:30 AM PT — Monday, June 10, 2019

Democrat Representative Katie Porter sparks controversy after mocking political commentator Bill Maher for not being aborted.

While discussing the Hyde Amendment during an airing of his HBO show over the weekend, Maher said he’s on the fence about abortion despite identifying as pro-choice. He defended his stance by referencing a personal anecdote about his mother, who chose not to abort him after a difficult pregnancy with his sister.
    https://www.oann.com/democrat-rep-ka...being-aborted/
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

So-called 'funny man" Maher seems to have a serious problem dealing with something that is actually funny.

But he's on the Left, so..... :P
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Was Katie Porter always a woman?
      I looked at the link and I'm not sure.

I'm on the fence about abortion too but I'm 100% against the BS that it is just a women's issue.
      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
        So-called 'funny man" Maher seems to have a serious problem dealing with something that is actually funny.

But he's on the Left, so..... :P
        All comedians are on the left. Abortion is the mothers choice, has no effect on me or you.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          All comedians are on the left. Abortion is the mothers choice, has no effect on me or you.
          On a level of principal, I agree.....let them pay for it too. Any and all woman should have the freedom to pay for their own exclusive procedure.

I don't think abortion would be anywhere near the hot-buttun issue it has become today if tax payer monies were not used to prop "Planned" Parenthood.
          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
            On a level of principal, I agree.....let them pay for it too. Any and all woman should have the freedom to pay for their own exclusive procedure.
            Just assume that all abortions are paid for by the tax paid by those that support such a policy.

YOUR tax money is spent on "procedures" you deem worthwhile, but others may not want pay for.

Simple really
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 11 Jun 19, 08:37.
            High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

I don't think abortion would be anywhere near the hot-buttun issue it has become today if tax payer monies were not used to prop "Planned" Parenthood.
              Abortions are not paid by tax dollars, that's illegal. PP is a womens healthcare service, catering mostly to lower income families.

Does the Government Fund Planned Parenthood?

With all the talk in Washington about “defunding Planned Parenthood,” you might think there’s a specific, Planned Parenthood line item in the federal budget that Congress and the president can just zero out. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Most of Planned Parenthood’s federal funding is from Medicaid reimbursements for preventive care, and some is from Title X. At least 60% of Planned Parenthood patients rely on public health programs like Medicaid and Title X for preventive and primary care. “Defund" legislation immediately blocks these patients from care at Planned Parenthood centers
              https://www.istandwithpp.org/defund-...ned-parenthood

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Just assume that all abortions are paid for by the tax paid by those that support such a policy.

YOUR tax money is spent on "procedures" you deem worthwhile, but others may not want pay for.

Simple really
                Given the medias are constantly telling us that most people favor a woman's right to choose...that should easily translate into those same people donating to pay for such procedures. If abortion providers could be sustained by private funding, then I have no problem with it.

Would you deem it worthwhile if a few cents of your taxes be used to pay for my gun club membership...specifically as a predetermined allotment of ammunition per month?

Comment

Would you deem it worthwhile if a few cents of your taxes be used to pay for my gun club membership...specifically as a predetermined allotment of ammunition per month?
                  No - that's the point.

So we just assume that my tax money is used for abortions, and yours is used for gun clubs...or something else I don't want to pay for.

Just include a number of check boxes in the declaration,

"I don't want my tax money to be used for the following ….."

And keep everybody happy
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Abortions are not paid by tax dollars, that's illegal. PP is a womens healthcare service, catering mostly to lower income families.
                    Which anyone with half a brain knows is BS. They also stated they never sell fetal parts. It's wells established they are liars. If you believe anything that PP says...then there is a pretty bridge across a local river I'd like to sell you for very cheap.

Comment

No - that's point.

So we just assume that my tax money is used for abortions, and yours is used for gun clubs...

No..better to assume they are both funded by private donors. I pay for my own ammo for the shooting range...she can have her child ripped apart on her own dime.

Comment

Unless you are the father.
                        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

No..better to assume they are both funded by private donors. I pay for my own ammo for the shooting range...she can have her child ripped apart on her own dime.
                          But what if I want abortions to be paid for with my tax money ?

Comment

If it has no effect on "me or you", then I am assuming you mean it has no effect on society.
                            Since you made no reference to the child, I will assume you are ignoring its possible humanity.
                            That leads me to believe that either you must be the first person who can determine when sentient life begins, or you are trying to ignore that uncomfortable issue.
                            Regardless, at what point does the ending of the life of a child have an "effect" on me or you?
                            Age 5?
                            21?

What about homeless people?
                            Can we terminate their lives if it has no effect on you or me?

I don't know when life begins, but neither do you.
                            As such, any claim that it is solely the choice of the mother ignores certain realities.
                            Before you try to avoid my point by attacking me, I am not really anti-abortion.
                            I just believe that any claim that it is solely the "mother's choice" is based on willful ignorance.
                            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

But what if I want abortions to be paid for with my tax money ?

Then perhaps propose to the IRS to add a box where you can check an X that you would like X amount of $$s.

Would you be opposed to donating $5 to my annual NRA membership...or would you prefer that be taxed directly?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X