Trump Supporters on the PlayStation 4 Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Supporters on the PlayStation 4 Network

In playing a game of MLB The Show 19 on PS4, I came across a Donald Trump fan in a game mode called dynasty mode. Btw real quick I have to say that MLB The Show is a great game, not only for leisure but one can learn much about the history of baseball in America in MLB The Show 19. The Dynasty mode allows players to use modern day as well as Past MLB players...one can even create their own team and their own players.

Anyway the Donald Trump fan whom I will label as the Trump guy, had his team logo as a picture of Trump with a baseball bat...well nothing wrong with that IMO. The issue arose when I saw that this guy had a picture of the Confederate Battle Flag as his teams shirt logo. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have ran into a Trump supporter in this PlayStation game MLB The Show. I should add that I have ran into folks that use images of Trump to mock Trump, but not this guy. This Trump guy clearly had a picture of Trump that a supporter of Trump would use.

One might not be able to make out the grainy picture. But I have the Knights Templar Logo, and my opponent in the game has the Donald Trump Logo. Btw I won the game, with a strong pitching performance by Babe Ruth.

The Trump guy had a much stronger lineup but I outplayed the guy. The Trump guy was getting frustrated when I started beating him so he quit the game before it was over. Anyway back to the issue at hand...I only wish I had the chance to verbally communicate with the Trump guy and ask him why he has the CSA flag as his team logo in combo with the Donald Trump Logo. Theres a good chance the CSA logo is a red flag as to the kind of man the Trump guy was. Honestly a part of me was offended at the sight of the CSA flag, something about it felt wrong even though I support free speech. I even admire a few CSA figures but I would never fly the CSA flag. I have a # of reasons for being against the CSA flag logo of the Trump guy I faced in MLB The Show 19. The CSA logo or Flag IMO while it is historic, its not something that I think should be proudly flaunted. Im not saying MLB The Show should ban a CSA Logo, but Im merely saying how I felt at the sight of the CSA flag in Combo with Trump. I might have felt different if it was a CSA Flag in Combo with a picture of Robert E Lee that may have been more historical where as the Trump CSA combo seems to be an in your face sort of insult to folks that perhaps dont like Trum...but again thats how I feel about this. Basically I just dont like this Trump CSA Combo, for all I know the CSA folks who lived during the American civil war would reject supporting Trump.

What can I say, I feel that my logo and team uniform of the Knights Templar is very much an honorable thing, but that this Trump logo in combo with the CSA flag is anti American.

What I would say to the Trump guy is why not have a Logo of Trump combined with a Logo of a General or some American steel worker from the WW2 era?
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Trump has a lot of followers down South. I like the Battle Flag as a historical symbol, but would not try to wave it in public. It reminds me a bit of George Wallace from years back.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Not sure how this thread fits into current events......????
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

This type of stuff is fairly common among any conservative crowd, whether video game or in person events. As it relates to games you'll notice it a lot on NASCAR or military style games.

It's a shame because I don't think they realize how many minority voters they'd have if they dropped that element. But, I don't think they care.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          This type of stuff is fairly common among any conservative crowd, whether video game or in person events.
          Fairly common? How so, do you have a link to facts?
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I keep telling ya, its not Trump they really hate, its all the rest of us.

I should add that I have ran into folks that use images of Trump to mock Trump, but not this guy. This Trump guy clearly had a picture of Trump that a supporter of Trump would use.
            And yet those haters are not the subject, it's the guy who had the balls to make his stand.
            And its Mr. Brotherly Love himself putting this out there.

By all mean, continue the mirco-annaylsis of one this one guy to demonize a hundred million other people, it really shows how petty the Leftist mindset has become.
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

When someone has to go looking at a game that's so 'mainstream' I hadn't even heard of it until this thread to find one player doing one thing he finds to offend his sensibilities and then make this out to be a representative of Trump supporters............

Left Logic. It's like Logic. Only, without, you know, the Logic part.
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                I keep telling ya, its not Trump they really hate, its all the rest of us.
                How many times have I said that and you're just now catching on?

And yet those haters are not the subject, it's the guy who had the balls to make his stand.
                And its Mr. Brotherly Love himself putting this out there.

By all mean, continue the mirco-annaylsis of one this one guy to demonize a hundred million other people, it really shows how petty the Leftist mindset has become.
                That would be a fair point if this person was an anomaly, but instead he's part of the majority.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Whew...a threat to video games...just for a minute there I almost thought this was a serious discussion.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                    Trump has a lot of followers down South. I like the Battle Flag as a historical symbol, but would not try to wave it in public. It reminds me a bit of George Wallace from years back.

Pruitt
                    You mean that DEMOCRAT governor of a Southern state ... ???
                    The DEMOCRAT governor opposed to equal and Civil Rights for (Black) African-Americans.
                    The DEMOCRAT hero of "Tactikill J".
                    The DEMOCRAT governor whom is typical of the majority of Democrats (if we apply 'logic' and reasoning of some posters here).

Comment

How many times have I said that and you're just now catching on?

That would be a fair point if this person was an anomaly, but instead he's part of the majority.
                      NO, he remains a minority expression.
                      The majority of the Right and Conservatives are far more tolerant and inclusive than the Liberals and Left.
                      You've demonstrated repeatedly what limited contact you have had with the Right and Conservatives as source for your bias and prejudices.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

NO, he remains a minority expression.
                        The majority of the Right and Conservatives are far more tolerant and inclusive than the Liberals and Left.
                        You've demonstrated repeatedly what limited contact you have had with the Right and Conservatives as source for your bias and prejudices.
                        Tolerance is the ability to deal with something you find unacceptable. Can certain races be deemed unacceptable? A more appropriate use of the word is when we have to tolerate bad weather conditions. Or, tolerate a boss who is a jerk. Notice, the negative situation associated with each use. In other words it's something we don't want but learn to deal with. So, when you say that you tolerate specific groups of people, you are first saying that you ideally don't want them around or simply view them in a negative manner. This turns out to be a way of expressing superiority and negative attitude towards others, while trying to sound open. You're not.

Until you stop tolerating people and instead accept everyone as your equal, then you are not inclusive. Given your views of Islam you are one of the most bigoted on this forum.

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Tolerance is the ability to deal with something you find unacceptable. Can certain races be deemed unacceptable? A more appropriate use of the word is when we have to tolerate bad weather conditions. Or, tolerate a boss who is a jerk. Notice, the negative situation associated with each use. In other words it's something we don't want but learn to deal with. So, when you say that you tolerate specific groups of people, you are first saying that you ideally don't want them around or simply view them in a negative manner. This turns out to be a way of expressing superiority and negative attitude towards others, while trying to sound open. You're not.

Until you stop tolerating people and instead accept everyone as your equal, then you are not inclusive. Given your views of Islam you are one of the most bigoted on this forum.
                          My views on Islam, the religion of tolerance, and "peace and love", are based upon how it manifests, such as this;
                          Jihad against the Crucifix

by Raymond Ibrahim
                          PJ Media
                          June 6, 2019

A 37-year-old Muslim migrant in Rome was recently arrested for attempted homicide after he stabbed a Christian man in the throat for wearing a crucifix around his neck. "Religious hate" is cited as an "aggravating factor" in the crime.

This is hardly the first "religious hate" crime to occur in the context of the cross in Italy. Among others,
                          • A Muslim boy of African origin picked on, insulted, and eventually beat a 12-year-old girl during school because she too was wearing a crucifix.
                          • A Muslim migrant invaded an old church in Venice and attacked its large, 300-year-old cross, breaking off one of its arms, while shouting, "All that is in a church is false!"
                          • After a crucifix was destroyed in close proximity to a populated mosque, the area's mayor said concerning the identity of the culprit(s): "Before we put a show of unity with Muslims, let's have them begin by respecting our civilization and our culture."

The fact is, Islamic hostility to the cross is an unwavering phenomenon—one that crosses continents and centuries; one that is very much indicative of Islam's innate hostility to Christianity.

For starters, not only is the cross the quintessential symbol of Christianity—for all denominations, including most forms of otherwise iconoclastic Protestantism—but it symbolizes the fundamental disagreement between Christians and Muslims. As Professor Sidney Griffith explains, "The cross and the icons publicly declared those very points of Christian faith which the Koran, in the Muslim view, explicitly denied: that Christ was the Son of God and that he died on the cross." Accordingly, "the Christian practice of venerating the cross ... often aroused the disdain of Muslims," so that from the start of the Muslim conquests of Christian lands there was an ongoing "campaign to erase the public symbols of Christianity, especially the previously ubiquitous sign of the cross."
                          Modern day Muslim clerics confirm this. When asked about Islam's ruling on whether any person—in this case, Christians—is permitted to wear or pray before the cross, Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Tarifi, a Saudi expert on Islamic law, said, "Under no circumstances is a human permitted to wear the cross" nor "is anyone permitted to pray to the cross." Why? "Because the prophet—peace and blessings on him—commanded the breaking of it [the cross]."
                          Egypt: A young Coptic Christian woman named Mary was mauled to death when her cross identified her as a Christian to Muslim Brotherhood rioters. Similarly, 17-year-old Ayman, a Coptic student, was strangled and beaten to death by his Muslim teacher and fellow students for refusing to obey the teacher's orders to cover his cross.

Julie Aftab

Pakistan: When a Muslim man saw Julie Aftab, a Christian woman, wearing a cross around her neck, he attacked her, forced battery acid down her throat, and splashed it on her face—permanently damaging her esophagus, blinding her in one eye, and causing her to lose both eyelids and most of her teeth.

Turkey: A 12-year-old boy in Turkey wearing a silver cross necklace in class was spit on and beaten regularly by Muslim classmates and teachers.

As Islam's presence continues to grow in Europe, it should come as no surprise that attacks on crosses are also on the rise. Aside from the aforementioned attacks in Italy, the following occurred either in France and Germany, where attacks on churches and crosses have become endemic:
                          Such is the history and continuity of Islamic hate for the cross—that symbol which represents the heart of the Christian faith, namely the death and resurrection of Christ, two events Islam vehemently denies.

The jihad on the cross began with Muhammad, was carried out by early caliphs, and continues to this day by the jihadis of the world, not to mention the occasional "everyday" Muslim.
                          https://www.meforum.org/58701/the-ji...d6f50-33661481

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

My views on Islam, the religion of tolerance, and "peace and love", are based upon how it manifests, such as this;
                            Jihad against the Crucifix

by Raymond Ibrahim
                            PJ Media
                            June 6, 2019

A 37-year-old Muslim migrant in Rome was recently arrested for attempted homicide after he stabbed a Christian man in the throat for wearing a crucifix around his neck. "Religious hate" is cited as an "aggravating factor" in the crime.

This is hardly the first "religious hate" crime to occur in the context of the cross in Italy. Among others,
                            • A Muslim boy of African origin picked on, insulted, and eventually beat a 12-year-old girl during school because she too was wearing a crucifix.
                            • A Muslim migrant invaded an old church in Venice and attacked its large, 300-year-old cross, breaking off one of its arms, while shouting, "All that is in a church is false!"
                            • After a crucifix was destroyed in close proximity to a populated mosque, the area's mayor said concerning the identity of the culprit(s): "Before we put a show of unity with Muslims, let's have them begin by respecting our civilization and our culture."

The fact is, Islamic hostility to the cross is an unwavering phenomenon—one that crosses continents and centuries; one that is very much indicative of Islam's innate hostility to Christianity.

For starters, not only is the cross the quintessential symbol of Christianity—for all denominations, including most forms of otherwise iconoclastic Protestantism—but it symbolizes the fundamental disagreement between Christians and Muslims. As Professor Sidney Griffith explains, "The cross and the icons publicly declared those very points of Christian faith which the Koran, in the Muslim view, explicitly denied: that Christ was the Son of God and that he died on the cross." Accordingly, "the Christian practice of venerating the cross ... often aroused the disdain of Muslims," so that from the start of the Muslim conquests of Christian lands there was an ongoing "campaign to erase the public symbols of Christianity, especially the previously ubiquitous sign of the cross."
                            Modern day Muslim clerics confirm this. When asked about Islam's ruling on whether any person—in this case, Christians—is permitted to wear or pray before the cross, Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Tarifi, a Saudi expert on Islamic law, said, "Under no circumstances is a human permitted to wear the cross" nor "is anyone permitted to pray to the cross." Why? "Because the prophet—peace and blessings on him—commanded the breaking of it [the cross]."
                            Egypt: A young Coptic Christian woman named Mary was mauled to death when her cross identified her as a Christian to Muslim Brotherhood rioters. Similarly, 17-year-old Ayman, a Coptic student, was strangled and beaten to death by his Muslim teacher and fellow students for refusing to obey the teacher's orders to cover his cross.

Julie Aftab

Pakistan: When a Muslim man saw Julie Aftab, a Christian woman, wearing a cross around her neck, he attacked her, forced battery acid down her throat, and splashed it on her face—permanently damaging her esophagus, blinding her in one eye, and causing her to lose both eyelids and most of her teeth.

Turkey: A 12-year-old boy in Turkey wearing a silver cross necklace in class was spit on and beaten regularly by Muslim classmates and teachers.

As Islam's presence continues to grow in Europe, it should come as no surprise that attacks on crosses are also on the rise. Aside from the aforementioned attacks in Italy, the following occurred either in France and Germany, where attacks on churches and crosses have become endemic:
                            Such is the history and continuity of Islamic hate for the cross—that symbol which represents the heart of the Christian faith, namely the death and resurrection of Christ, two events Islam vehemently denies.

The jihad on the cross began with Muhammad, was carried out by early caliphs, and continues to this day by the jihadis of the world, not to mention the occasional "everyday" Muslim.
                            https://www.meforum.org/58701/the-ji...d6f50-33661481
                            You can't post whole articles. But, I already know what your hatred of Islam is based on. Finding justification doesn't change the fact you're a bigot.

Bring up the right groups and all that talk of inclusion goes out the window.
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Accept everyone as your equal : even those who are inherently more evil ?
                              We should treat Muslims as they treat us .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X