Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical Advancement Held Back By Conservatives (Again)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Advancement Held Back By Conservatives (Again)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The Trump administration on Wednesday said it would end scientific research at the National Institutes of Health that relies on fetal tissue from elective abortions, and would accelerate efforts to find alternatives for such research, a move welcomed by anti-abortion groups.

Scientists say fetal tissue is critical for research into many complex diseases, including HIV, Alzheimer’s and cancer.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services also said on Wednesday it ended a $2 million-a-year contract with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), that involved the use of fetal tissue. In September, the agency ended a contract between Advanced Bioscience Resources Inc and the Food and Drug Administration, that used fetal tissue to develop testing protocols.
    https://www.physiciansweekly.com/tru...tion-moves-to/
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

You didn't post your thoughts on this, why not?

Do you think that killing babies for medical research is okay?

Where do you draw your line? Killing 20 year olds for medical research?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

So, Tac J, how do you feel about using animals like mice, rabbits, or pigs, for medical and other forms of research?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        So, Tac J, how do you feel about using animals like mice, rabbits, or pigs, for medical and other forms of research?
        I don't have any issue with it. But I hope you realize that you're about to compare something already deceased to something living.

I hope you're also aware, that our medical research is starting to lag behind, specifically to countries like Germany, due to bleeding hearts.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Again with the TDS?

Tell me you have a real life.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            All three species should be reserved for their normal use - inside wieners and bratwurst served at sporting events.

TAG, did you justt join PETA without asking us first?
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Again with the TDS?

Tell me you have a real life.
              Trump Dietary Selections?
              Mind you Stuffed roast dormice were considered a Roman delicacy

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I don't have any issue with it. But I hope you realize that you're about to compare something already deceased to something living.

I hope you're also aware, that our medical research is starting to lag behind, specifically to countries like Germany, due to bleeding hearts.
                You're justifying the killing of babies for medical research.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

You didn't post your thoughts on this, why not?

Do you think that killing babies for medical research is okay?

Where do you draw your line? Killing 20 year olds for medical research?
                  If they are white he doesn't have an issue with it.
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

You're justifying the killing of babies for medical research.
                    It's a ballyhoo issue. The abortions will continue as long as society fails to support women in dire straits that make the choice.

If you are really opposed to abortion, support pregnant women in need. Provide easily available birth control.
                    Live your Christianity, don't just proclaim it.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                      This has nothing to do with Christianity, so stop with the straw man attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

It's a ballyhoo issue. The abortions will continue as long as society fails to support women in dire straits that make the choice.

If you are really opposed to abortion, support pregnant women in need. Provide easily available birth control.
                        If you believe that the child/fetus is an independent, sentient life, how can you not oppose abortion?
                        Since no one has yet established when sentience begins, how can you be dismissive of opposition to abortion?
                        My questions have nothing to do with religion.
                        If you can't prove when sentience begins, you cannot also pretend that abortion doesn't result in the termination of an individual's life.
                        I don't know when sentience begins, but neither does anyone else.

Are you saying that we cannot oppose murder, rape, robbery, pedophilia unless we somehow actively involve ourselves in stopping the crime?

Aren't some things objectively wrong?
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

I have a problem with abortion. I have a problem with killing unborn children because it is inconvenient to give birth to them. It has nothing to do with having to raise them as people are queueing up to adopt babies. I think every abortion is a tragedy. Therefore I have a problem with the abortion industry making money out of dead babies. There are stem cells in the nose. There are better stem cells in the placenta. I agree with the sentiment that medical advances should not be built on dead children.
                          I also have a problem with a total ban on abortion. If my 15 year old daughter was raped I know I'd help her get an abortion. If her baby was suffering from a fatal fetal abnormality I know I'd help her get an abortion.
                          I have a problem with the "this is a women's issue" and "Bodily autonomy" arguments; you are pregnant for 9 months, you are a parent for the rest of your life. I dislike the moral certainty on both extremes of the debate. That's all an aside though. On this issue specifically I tend to agree with the ban.

This has nothing to do with religion; I'm a liberal atheist but I don't conflate allowing gay people to get married with killing unborn children.
                          "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                          validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                          "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Since some members of this forum have proved once again that they are unable to discuss contentious issues without getting into personal attacks, comments and criticism this thread is now closed
                            Thank you ACG staff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X