Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Indirect Attack on the First Amendment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

This smacks of censorship by the administration.

'President Donald Trump on Monday called for a boycott of AT&T to force "big changes" at subsidiary CNN, which Trump often accuses of biased and negative coverage of his administration.'

'"I believe that if people stoped using or subscribing to @ATT, they would be forced to make big changes at CNN, which is dying in the ratings anyway. It is so unfair with such bad, Fake News!" the president tweeted from the U.K., just as he began a state visit, misspelling "stopped."'

'Indeed, the Trump Justice Department did challenge the blockbuster $85.4 billion deal. A federal judge had ruled last June that the merger was legal, but the DOJ appealed the next month, after the deal officially closed. Then, in February, a federal judge again ruled in AT&T's favor and the Justice Department let the matter go.'

Trump is pathetic in his attempts to stop anyone from criticizing him. If he didn't do or attempt the bone-headed things he does perhaps the criticism will lessen?

Poor baby has such a thin skin. He can surely dish it out, but he cannot take it.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

BFD
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        BFD
        +1!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Awwww..... The Left is getting some of their own medicine. How many Progressive / Leftist boycotts are going on right now? How many are supported by high ranking Democrats?
          You might want to look under your own rocks before tossing others at your opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Awwww..... The Left is getting some of their own medicine. How many Progressive / Leftist boycotts are going on right now? How many are supported by high ranking Democrats?
            You might want to look under your own rocks before tossing others at your opponents.
            the left used the power of government to directly suppress free speech and freedom of association, and attack freedom of religion, but if trump asks the public to do it, then it is the new worst thing ever.
            (my references are to "operation chokepoint", the IRS suppression of conservative organizations and the efforts to force various christian organizations to betray their sincerely held beliefs.)

While I don't approve of trump's calling for boycotts, I won't care until he makes use of government power like BO did.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

the left used the power of government to directly suppress free speech and freedom of association, and attack freedom of religion, but if trump asks the public to do it, then it is the new worst thing ever.
              (my references are to "operation chokepoint", the IRS suppression of conservative organizations and the efforts to force various christian organizations to betray their sincerely held beliefs.)

While I don't approve of trump's calling for boycotts, I won't care until he makes use of government power like BO did.
              The Left still uses the power of government at the state and local level to suppress all sorts of things they disapprove of. For example, California forbids state employees to officially travel to N. Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Kansas because of those states having various LGBTPDQRST laws that California disapproves of. There are any number of Democrats that boycott Israel in office right now.

So, for the Left boycotts on anything and everything they dislike or hate is fine. Trump calling for individuals to boycott something isn't because the Left suffers from TDS.

Comment

I believe AOC is currently is blocking the Daily Caller on her twitter account (and is jumping on the lets ban Steven Crowder bandwagon -because he said "mean things" to some Vox Guy (who used the same words to describe himself IIRC))...

The only problem is the Courts have made precedent that government officials can not block others from their twitter channels (I.e. If Trump can not block people from his Twitter channel AOC can not either...).

https://www.businessinsider.com/alex...utional-2019-6

Comment

Apparently...DemocRats are allowed to break the law at will with no repercussions.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

The Left still uses the power of government at the state and local level to suppress all sorts of things they disapprove of. For example, California forbids state employees to officially travel to N. Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Kansas because of those states having various LGBTPDQRST laws that California disapproves of. There are any number of Democrats that boycott Israel in office right now.

So, for the Left boycotts on anything and everything they dislike or hate is fine. Trump calling for individuals to boycott something isn't because the Left suffers from TDS.
                    Salesforce is headquartered in San Francisco, they've banned access to their software for companies who sell most types of guns.

Salesforce has updated its policy to turn away customers that sell a wide range of firearms to private citizens online, including a small number of existing clients.
                    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/30/sale...-software.html

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Salesforce is headquartered in San Francisco, they've banned access to their software for companies who sell most types of guns.
                      But, they're a private corporation. They can do that if they want. What's at issue is when government boycotts something because they don't like it. That's essentially no different than government regulating, or even banning by law something.

Comment

But, they're a private corporation. They can do that if they want. What's at issue is when government boycotts something because they don't like it. That's essentially no different than government regulating, or even banning by law something.
                        Trump's tweet didn't come across as calling for a boycott to me.
                        Some people see a motive behind everything Trump says.

Comment

Excellent point.
                          I'm even less concerned about Trump calling on private citizens to conduct a private boycott.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X