Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Director Mueller Speaks in Public for the First Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

When will the near majority of Americans receiving "entitlements" accept reductions of same for the purpose of reducing deficit and/or debt.
    Are you on social security?

If you're looking to cut entitlements, start with the DOD and their budget. I noticed that you support corporate policy over middle class policy. What you're suggesting would hurt the middle and lower classes while benefiting corrupt capitalists and the MIC.

Comment

• Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

If you're looking to cut entitlements, start with the DOD and their budget. I noticed that you support corporate policy over middle class policy. What you're suggesting would hurt the middle and lower classes while benefiting corrupt capitalists and the MIC.
      Usual communist propaganda .

Comment

The DOD is actually performing a function that the government is constitutionally obligated to provide.
        The Constitution says nothing about providing wealth transfers. You can argue if the money is well spent, but providing for the common defense is a government obligation.
        I don't consider SS payments to really be the same thing as entitlements only because the recipients are required to pay into the system before they can claim any benefits (generally speaking). Of course the government wastes that money and, as a result, SS will soon be bankrupt.

I do note that you refused to answer Bock's question. Instead, you attacked a variety of people and tried to make it about him for allegedly receiving a benefit he already paid for. That kind of makes me assume you don't have a good answer to his question so you are trying to avoid it.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Usual communist propaganda .
          Typical corporate apologist. You should read the recent pentagon audit. First in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            I don't consider SS payments to really be the same thing as entitlements only because the recipients are required to pay into the system before they can claim any benefits (generally speaking). Of course the government wastes that money and, as a result, SS will soon be bankrupt.
            The republican party wants SS gone and bankrupt. That tax money should go to private corporations to enhance their profits (preferably the MIC)
            Current employees pay your SS, not you. You've already gone through your SS money (if you paid any) long ago. 1960 dollars don't cover what you currently receive.
            You're welcome.

I do note that you refused to answer Bock's question. Instead, you attacked a variety of people and tried to make it about him for allegedly receiving a benefit he already paid for. That kind of makes me assume you don't have a good answer to his question so you are trying to avoid it.
            What was the question, I'll answer it

Comment

The republican party wants SS gone and bankrupt. That tax money should go to private corporations to enhance their profits (preferably the MIC)
              Current employees pay your SS, not you. You've already gone through your SS money (if you paid any) long ago. 1960 dollars don't cover what you currently receive.
              You're welcome.

Comrade : you are wrong .

Comment

He means : corrupt capitalists as Hillary, Obama, Soros , etc, etc , but for obvious reasons, he can't say this .

Comment

He means : corrupt capitalists as Hillary, Obama, Soros , etc, etc , but for obvious reasons, he can't say this .
                  I don't think Hillary or Obama are capitalists. But Soros is. There's a lot of billionaires that are capitalists but don't fall into the corrupt/greedy side of it. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Soros, etc. They do good with their money and donate heavily to charity. Not the same with the crooked capitalists like the Koch brothers, Trump, etc.

Comment

The republican party wants SS gone and bankrupt.
                    Last Republican who spoke of "reforming" Social Security was George W Bush. The very notion depleted his cache of political capital almost instantly, following his second inaugeral.

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    That tax money should go to private corporations to enhance their profits (preferably the MIC)
                    The FICA withholding is not a tax; it's an insurance premium.

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    Social Security funds are invested in special rate US Treasury bonds, bearing interest roughly equivalent to the rate of inflation. Consequently, one's fund has increased over time, not necessarily on new premium receipts, but on interest earned from those UST instruments.

Two factors have served to lay Social Security low -- one cause by government, the other by social ennui:

1) US Gov't borrowings from the Social Security trust funds. They've yet to be repaid;

2) declining fertility. Social Security was established at a time when US TFR was near 3. For baby-Boomers, it's closer to 1.9. A pyramid-shaped program like Social Security can't long last is subsequent generations number fewer than previous. That's just basic math.
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

I don't think Hillary or Obama are capitalists. But Soros is. There's a lot of billionaires that are capitalists but don't fall into the corrupt/greedy side of it. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Soros, etc. They do good with their money and donate heavily to charity. Not the same with the crooked capitalists like the Koch brothers, Trump, etc.
                      Where I am livimg, some one who owns $ billions, is a capitalist . Of course, where you are living,this is not so : capitalists and candidates for the Gulag are people who disagree with you .

Comment

You're welcome.

hahahaha.
                        Do you have any idea what you are talking about?
                        Did you read what I said?

You really need to get new sources for your propaganda or you are simply trolling.

You are slipping into self paradoy.
                        I commented on how rather than answer his question you attacked him. So, your solution is to attack me too.

Given that you obviously don't know anything about me, I find it funny you are still basing your comments on your prejudices.
                        Thanks for the laugh though.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Where I am livimg, some one who owns $ billions, is a capitalist . Of course, where you are living,this is not so : capitalists and candidates for the Gulag are people who disagree with you .
                          Trump isn't a billionaire and I didn't say he was. Not all billionaires are capitalists. I'm not a capitalist outside of playing with the stock market. Most Americans are not capitalists. But a good portion are tricked by being scared into supporting capitalist policies over middle class ones.

Examples of capitalist policies: (which you support)
                          -Cutting SS, Medicare, Medicaid
                          -Eliminating the public education system
                          -Eliminating safety laws and oversight on corporations (regulations)
                          -Not increasing the federal minimum wage
                          -Not stopping illegal immigration

All capitalist policies that most conservatives support. These policies hurt the middle class.

Comment

• TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Trump isn't a billionaire and I didn't say he was. Not all billionaires are capitalists. I'm not a capitalist outside of playing with the stock market. Most Americans are not capitalists. But a good portion are tricked by being scared into supporting capitalist policies over middle class ones.

Examples of capitalist policies: (which you support)
                              -Cutting SS, Medicare, Medicaid
                              -Eliminating the public education system
                              -Eliminating safety laws and oversight on corporations (regulations)
                              -Not increasing the federal minimum wage
                              -Not stopping illegal immigration

All capitalist policies that most conservatives support. These policies hurt the middle class.
                              Your delusions run deep ...
                              TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X