Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any major US News outlet just report the news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any major US News outlet just report the news?

Is there any news outlet in the USA which just reports the news without editoralising it?

Fox sets that standard for reporting with very little fact and lots of nut-job hyperbole but CNN etc aren't that far behind. What about just presenting the facts, do any of them do that anymore?
    I find it incredible that I get more fact based reporting from Al Jazeera than any of the American based cable news channels.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

I think this captures it quite well

AP: Dateline San Francisco, CA, 6:58 AM
    The sun rose today.

Reuters - Paris: 6:58 AM The sun came up this morning.

NPR: The sun came up today, just like it has every day since the Earth was formed. This is Laxshmi Singh, NPR News, Washington.

CNN: This is Anderson Cooper. The sun came up today, and here is a clip of Donald Trump lying about it.

Fox : Senate Democrats today tried to prevent the sun from rising, but Paul Ryan and Donald Trump grabbed it and lifted it above their heads until it rose by its own bootstraps and burnt many illegal aliens.

The Washington Post: Set of well researched stories about how Trump and his family tried to collude with clouds to block the sun except over Mar-A-Lago.

Redstate: Trump created the sun.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-m...rces-in-the-US
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

The Sun

Lusty Lucy 19 year old model says "When the sun comes up I get hot and just have to take my clothes off"

The Daily Mail

We have to share the Sun with millions of foreigners. We say take back control Britain must have its of independent sun
      Last edited by MarkV; 27 May 19, 05:59.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I tend to discount much news. This is more important. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8HY6LA7fck

Yeah I'm a fanatic when it comes to the end. Love will win.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

MSNBC: Russia responsible for sun's disappearance during the night

Comment

I don’t watch Fox, but do wonder why some people see it as such a problem.
            If Fox actually is as bad as the left likes to believe, it is still just one cable news station.
            It stands out because it doesn’t give us the same propaganda all of the major broadcast networks and cable news stations give us.

The MSM is as guilty of spin as anything we may see from Fox and they have far more reach than Fox ever will.
            In the past week, I have seen extensive MSM reporting on “so called” heart beat bills. Obviously, the phrasing is designed to cast the “heart beat bills” in a negative light.
            Chicago had 31 people shot this weekend. That is called “gun violence”, rather than “Gang violence”.
            Any report on Trump’s immigration policies requires an interview with a single mom. I have never seen a report on immigration that mentions crime victims of illegal aliens. If I relied on the MSM for that information, I would have to assume illegals never engage in crime.
            This morning’s CBS Chicago news had a report on an effort to remove Illinois’s “restrictive” abortion laws.
            Later in the report, it became clear that the only thing actually restricted was “partial birth abortions”.

Propaganda in any form from the media should offend, and while Fox may do it too, it is difficult to see one cable station as the biggest threat.
            Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

No!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                Is there any news outlet in the USA which just reports the news without editoralising it?

Fox sets that standard for reporting with very little fact and lots of nut-job hyperbole but CNN etc aren't that far behind. What about just presenting the facts, do any of them do that anymore?
                I find it incredible that I get more fact based reporting from Al Jazeera than any of the American based cable news channels.
                From what I've seen, MSNBC is the almost counterfactual, all opinion "news" station. They rarely put on anyone that is adverse to their position unless it is to attack them. Their usual MO is to put on "experts" from sources that are in lockstep with their own views such as CNN, the WaPo, NYT, or a magazine like Time.
                CNN is horrid in that it actually makes up news in addition to a massively, and often openly, slanted view favoring the Democrats.
                FOX isn't great, but at least they usually try to put on one adverse view to their own as a token rebuttal position.
                Watching any of them is largely an exercise in wasting your time.

BBC International is largely news still...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

From what I've seen, MSNBC is the almost counterfactual, all opinion "news" station. They rarely put on anyone that is adverse to their position unless it is to attack them. Their usual MO is to put on "experts" from sources that are in lockstep with their own views such as CNN, the WaPo, NYT, or a magazine like Time.
                  CNN is horrid in that it actually makes up news in addition to a massively, and often openly, slanted view favoring the Democrats.
                  FOX isn't great, but at least they usually try to put on one adverse view to their own as a token rebuttal position.
                  Watching any of them is largely an exercise in wasting your time.

BBC International is largely news still...
                  BBC

Dr Phadimus Groat has produced a video of the Sun rising but because we are completely balanced here is an equal length interview with Barnebus K Shatterbrain of the Fake Sun Society who will explain why he believes that it is just a huge balloon
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

OAN is perhaps as good as it gets these days. https://www.oann.com/

When al Jazeera was still available it was by far the bet of them all.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

No!
                      Have you tried OAN?
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

OAN is perhaps as good as it gets these days. https://www.oann.com/

When al Jazeera was still available it was by far the bet of them all.
                        It says something when an Arab news source is more balanced than most American ones.
                        I haven't tries OAN but I will, thanks.
                        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

I find The Onion is becoming more and more reputable with each passing day

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

BBC

Dr Phadimus Groat has produced a video of the Sun rising but because we are completely balanced here is an equal length interview with Barnebus K Shatterbrain of the Fake Sun Society who will explain why he believes that it is just a huge balloon
                            The International version is more like:

And now a number of actual news stories from places you've never heard of and will never go to that we at the BBC have zero political interest in so we can accurately report them to you as our management doesn't care about any of it...

Comment

https://reason.com/ is the only news source I like and trust.

But, they're not a major media outlet, so I guess the answer to your question is no.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X