This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump orders declassification of secret CIA files

What is the CIA afraid of? I thought the truth will set you free? Let the public see the files and we can decide for ourselves.
    Potential Clash Over Secrets Looms Between Justice Dept. and C.I.A.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/u...elligence.html
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

If you don't think of Langley as the dirty tricks division your sadly lacking.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The CIA can't say "No!" to the declassification, nor can they go to court on it. They're at the beck and call of the President in this matter as his subordinates. Even Congress would have a very hard time justifying trying to stop it by legal action.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        The CIA can't say "No!" to the declassification, nor can they go to court on it. They're at the beck and call of the President in this matter as his subordinates. Even Congress would have a very hard time justifying trying to stop it by legal action.
        I believe this may open a chapter of overt corruption. The upcoming Bar investigation may be the most liberating thing to happen in decades. (I've been watching Judaical Watch for years and they're worth donating to.)

And yes overt. In plain sight.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

It's interesting how people's opinion of the CIA changes based on who's President. This country is too partisan to make political discussion meaningful.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            It's interesting how people's opinion of the CIA changes based on who's President. ....
            What.... you would have supported CIA secrecy and unaccountability during the Obama years?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

It's interesting how people's opinion of the CIA changes based on who's President. This country is too partisan to make political discussion meaningful.
              The interesting aspect of this is that Pelosi claimed that Trump was trying to do a cover up this week. Now Trump is saying full disclosure and the left is melting.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

I've never been a huge fan of the CIA. The concept was a good one, but it has been poorly executed over the decades. I think it's become big enough as an agency that it has more than it's fair share of skeletons in the closet. That said, I also think that the people in Obama's administration, as I've said elsewhere weren't above "weaponizing" it or any other agency to gain and use power. That's the Left's MO 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

What.... you would have supported CIA secrecy and unaccountability during the Obama years?
                  No. It was the other way around back then. We both know a democrat would never be able to get away with attacking the FBI and CIA. So again, it's just the hypocrisy that's the issue.

Anyway, I was personally hoping Trump would be revealing something more meaningful. Something that would be of benefit to Americans. I'm sure there are a lot of secrets that the CIA has that would completely change people's opinion of our foreign policy and intervention overseas, but instead we're left with this.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Big news breaking, The CIA has a long history and it ain't a good one, it doesn't matter who is in the oval office
                    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

No. It was the other way around back then. We both know a democrat would never be able to get away with attacking the FBI and CIA. So again, it's just the hypocrisy that's the issue.
                      The democrats weaponized the IRS and got away with it. Apparently they weaponized the CIA, NSA, and FBI.....don't know this for sure but now that Trump has directed full, open disclosure.....

The question now is why are the democrats scared?
                      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

No. It was the other way around back then. We both know a democrat would never be able to get away with attacking the FBI and CIA.
                        But the CIA and FBI should be able to get away with attacking a Republican, you mean.
                        How unsurprising.

They used illegal spying, entrapment and did it to cover up their own political bias and collusion with the Clinton machine.

Anyway, I was personally hoping Trump would be revealing something more meaningful..
                        More meaningful than exposing the drift towards authoritarianism in the US Govt, and arresting it?
                        Well, people who despise freedom & democracy might feel that way, but I for one am very interested in seeing what is revealed here.

I would think that any good Libertarian would feel the same way.....
                        Last edited by The Exorcist; 25 May 19, 01:27.
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

But the CIA and FBI should be able to get away with attacking a Republican, you mean.
                          How unsurprising.

They used illegal spying, entrapment and did it to cover up their own political bias and collusion with the Clinton machine.

More meaningful than exposing the draft towards authoritarianism in the US Govt, and arresting it?
                          Well, people who despise freedom & democracy might feel that way, but I for one am very interested in seeing what is revealed here.

I would think that any good Libertarian would feel the same way.....
                          The CIA and FBI are part of the establishment. It would be inaccurate to view them as either republican or democrat, they operate the same under both parties. It is not a coincidence that ultra liberal Obama, continued the same foreign policies as Bush. While giving the FBI, CIA and NSA free reign to violate our privacy and freedom. When Trump tried to buck the system and withdraw from Syria, what happened? All of a sudden the supposedly liberal MSM turns bloodthirsty again, while former CIA officials are all over the television criticizing the move. There's your swamp and establishment right there. Nothing in America will change until those 3 entities are addressed, along with our MIC and federal reserve who gets to do whatever they want. So yes, I would like to see something meaningful done, as opposed to a move that's purely for further fighting between republicans and democrats.

I don't know what you're referring to. What draft towards authoritarianism?
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The CIA and FBI are part of the establishment. It would be inaccurate to view them as either republican or democrat, they operate the same under both parties.
                            That also applies to the IRS, yet we have found out that Obama used the IRS to go after conservatives.

Obviously an establishment that wasn't political became political.

Anyways, your blind loyalty to the democrats is about to be shattered when Trump goes full disclosure and it is shown that the CIA, NSA, FBI, and numerous other government groups were working for the democrats, twisting events and lying in an attempt to unseat an elected president.

Comment

Should it alarm anyone to learn that the FBI keeps files on elected officials from both parties that requires constant monitoring aka surveillance of those elected officials?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X