• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Respect for Military Law

If this is true, then it is not only wrong, it is an abomination:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...cid=spartandhp
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

[QUOTE=Massena;n5117557]If this is true, then it is not only wrong, it is an abomination:

Like this one.
    group of Marine Corps snipers
    charged with urinating on the corpses of dead Taliban fighters.
    I would pi$$ on them as well, after all they were trying to kill Americans and they shouldn't be jailed for that, that's an abomination, I have seen much worse than that!

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Good for Trump!

The UCMJ has been misused by the gutless clerks who make up far too much of the career officer corps.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Good for Trump!

The UCMJ has been misused by the gutless clerks who make up far too much of the career officer corps.
        Please tell me all that you know and understand about the Uniform Code of Military Justice in the next ten seconds.

And what is your experience with the 'career officer corps'?
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

[QUOTE=Trung Si;n5117566]
          Originally posted by Massena View Post

Like this one.
          I would pi$$ on them as well, after all they were trying to kill Americans and they shouldn't be jailed for that, that's an abomination, I have seen much worse than that!
          Well, good for you.

The Marines involved were stupid enough to photograph the incident. And then they got caught. They were the authors of their own misfortune. And it was wrong and against the Geneva Convention.

They were indeed trying to kill Americans and were rightly killed because of it. You're not supposed to desecrate the bodies of those enemies killed in action.

Comment

Deplorable people will do deplorable things. How many times have I said that these aren't normal human beings we're dealing with, they're savages.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
              Deplorable people will do deplorable things. How many times have I said that these aren't normal human beings we're dealing with, they're savages.
              Way back when the original Hague Convention was signed it was agreed that there were things that civilised nations should not do even if the opponents were savages - not because of respect for savages but because these were things that being civilised precluded one doing otherwise one wasn't civilised but merely a technologically advanced savage. Still applies
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Way back when the original Hague Convention was signed it was agreed that there were things that civilised nations should not do even if the opponents were savages - not because of respect for savages but because these were things that being civilised precluded one doing otherwise one wasn't civilised but merely a technologically advanced savage. Still applies
                I agree. The savages are the ones killing unarmed civilians and peeing on dead bodies. We should be discussing their special place in hell as opposed to pardoning them for their crimes. This only gives way for more savagery. The problem is, Trump supporters will not see any issue with their behavior because they too are uncivilized people.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Well said, both of you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trung Si;n5117566]

Like this one.
                    Wasn't this case tossed out?

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...wins-in-court/

Comment

Guys who collect ears and whatnot have earned a rather . . . . unsavory reputation: they can't be counted on when the sh*t really hits the fan. Before the bn STA/SS Plt recommends a Marine for SS School, they're supposed to get a fix on his mental/emotional condition. Maj Land suggested taking him out for a few drinks, to get him to loosen his tongue. Guys who'll lose their civilisation are just as likely to lose their humanity, and their composure. Marine Scout-Snipers are NOT executioners: they're force-multipliers, and they save lives. Sad to say, but the ear-cutter types can't be trusted. That type has no business applying for 8541/0317. They probably shouldn't have made it past their bn STA.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        Guys who collect ears and whatnot have earned a rather . . . . unsavory reputation: they can't be counted on when the sh*t really hits the fan. Before the bn STA/SS Plt recommends a Marine for SS School, they're supposed to get a fix on his mental/emotional condition. Maj Land suggested taking him out for a few drinks, to get him to loosen his tongue. Guys who'll lose their civilisation are just as likely to lose their humanity, and their composure. Marine Scout-Snipers are NOT executioners: they're force-multipliers, and they save lives. Sad to say, but the ear-cutter types can't be trusted. That type has no business applying for 8541/0317. They probably shouldn't have made it past their bn STA.
                        Who determines what is civilized or savagery and how can you say that ear collectors can't be counted on?

When Hulegu Khan had Baghdad razed and the people slaughtered by order of Mongke Khan, the Mongol soldiers were ordered to each kill ten non-Christian people, they collected left(?) ears to prove they followed orders. Everyone had to scramble fast in case there was a shortage of left ears. Would you say that the Mongols were not reliable in battle?

The Mongols had a strict code of not harming emissaries while the "civilized" Muslim nations that they conquered during the "Golden Age of Islam" suffered that fate because they killed Mongol emissaries.
                        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

The Mongols are not Americans. And while most, if not all, of the enemies the US fights do not adhere to the Law of Land Warfare, the US does. That's what makes us different.

It isn't reliablility but adherence to the law and the rules of engagement. Just because someone else does it, that does not mean that US soldiers should do it.

Comment

The Mongols are not Americans. And while most, if not all, of the enemies the US fights do not adhere to the Law of Land Warfare, the US does. That's what makes us different.

It isn't reliablility but adherence to the law and the rules of engagement. Just because someone else does it, that does not mean that US soldiers should do it.
                            I'm just pointing out that history has shown that "civility" is not defined by one side unilaterally, and such things as ear collecting can in no way determine the reliability of warriors.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              Maj Land suggested taking him out for a few drinks, to get him to loosen his tongue. Guys who'll lose their civilisation are just as likely to lose their humanity, and their composure. Marine Scout-Snipers are NOT executioners: they're force-multipliers,
                              That is exactly what I did with one of our new joins in 87, I took him out to Henoko; Guys & Dolls Club. After a few drinks I found out that he was a skinhead.....I had no idea what that was then. His first mess up we ended sending him to Corrective Custody at Hansen for 30 days breaking rocks. He returned properly motivated for about a week before he went to the SNCO barracks and threatened to kill our S-2 Chief. That got him off island and sent to the Brig at Pendleton.

Excellent point on "NOT executioners" our primary focus was gathering actionable intel for the CO to make a decision.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X