Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police robots on traffic stops.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Police robots on traffic stops.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/amp/ncna1002501

    "You have ten seconds to comply."

    What do our leos think about this? Looks to me like that could be something both motorist and officer could sppreciate. But that rig looks easily damaged or tweaked.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

  • #2
    Good idea bad implementation.
    We hunt the hunters

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope they can still shoot anyone that acts like an *******.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

      ~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

      Comment


      • #4
        Everyone will be replaced by a machine.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

        BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

        BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

        Comment


        • #5
          Going to be really funny when the robo-cop pulls over the driverless Uber.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            Everyone will be replaced by a machine.
            Not me.
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

              Not me.
              True, there will be a few jobs that cannot be replaced. Most will be automated, be prepared, choose your career wisely.

              Occasionally, I'll grab a bite at McDonald's. Most McDonald's are now automated, customers must step up to a kiosk to place their orders. BUT...some McDonald's customers do not understand the computerized ordering system and get very frustrated, sometimes angry, that they are unable to place their order. There have been an increase in 911 calls at McDonald's restaurants since the kiosks have been implemented. What puzzles me is that it actually justifies a 911 call.
              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

              "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Persephone View Post

                True, there will be a few jobs that cannot be replaced. Most will be automated, be prepared, choose your career wisely.

                Occasionally, I'll grab a bite at McDonald's. Most McDonald's are now automated, customers must step up to a kiosk to place their orders. BUT...some McDonald's customers do not understand the computerized ordering system and get very frustrated, sometimes angry, that they are unable to place their order. There have been an increase in 911 calls at McDonald's restaurants since the kiosks have been implemented. What puzzles me is that it actually justifies a 911 call.
                McDonald's around here still have humans working the jobs. No automation, yet, thankfully. Though, sometimes a robot might do a better job....
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

                  McDonald's around here still have humans working the jobs. No automation, yet, thankfully. Though, sometimes a robot might do a better job....
                  We have both kiosk and live humans.
                  A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

                    McDonald's around here still have humans working the jobs. No automation, yet, thankfully. Though, sometimes a robot might do a better job....
                    ...than the illiterate spanish speaking illegal behind the counter?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      I hope they can still shoot anyone that acts like an *******.
                      Probably just photograph the license plate as a dying act and leave it up to a human to risk the arrest. Let's ace it people are unlikely to accept armed robots patrolling the street and highways, and if you think the Red Neck National Sport is drinking beer and shooting up stop signs...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

                        We have both kiosk and live humans.
                        We're still human powered out here in the West.

                        Guess McD's doesn't care about boosting the economy by providing summer jobs for high schoolers any more, but we still do.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                          ...than the illiterate spanish speaking illegal behind the counter?
                          Naw, the spanish-speaking ones, illegal aliens or not, are doing the "cooking" in the back. The naive and yet-to-be-fully-educated teens are working the cashiers spots. It's usually those teens that mess something up. But, hey, it's McDonald's. I don't go there very often and I never go their for their service or gourmet food.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Going to be really funny when the robo-cop pulls over the driverless Uber.
                            Robo shoots Black driverless Uber and another riot starts.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

                            Prayers.

                            BoRG

                            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

                              Naw, the spanish-speaking ones, illegal aliens or not, are doing the "cooking" in the back. The naive and yet-to-be-fully-educated teens are working the cashiers spots. It's usually those teens that mess something up. But, hey, it's McDonald's. I don't go there very often and I never go their for their service or gourmet food.
                              Not in this part of Colorado, and especially in Pueblo.

                              Personally, I quit eating McDonald's a couple of years ago. The food is tasteless.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X