Non-U.S. Citizen Federal Offenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-U.S. Citizen Federal Offenders

THERE WERE 66,873 CASES REPORTED TO THE UNITED STATES SENTENCING COMMISSION IN FISCAL YEAR 2017

OF THESE CASES, 26,989 INVOLVED NON-U.S.CITIZENS.

NON-U.S. CITIZENS ACCOUNTED FOR 40.7% OF ALL OFFENDERS IN FISCAL YEAR 2017.

Just under one-half (46.7%) of non-U.S. citizen offenders had little or no prior criminal history (i.e., assigned to Criminal History Category I). The proportion of non-U.S. citizen offenders in other Criminal History Categories was as follows: 18.2% of these offenders were in Category II; 18.8% were in Category III; 9.2% were in Category IV; 4.3% were in Category V; and, 2.8% were in Category VI.

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...izens_FY17.pdf

As best I can tell about 70 percent of the offenders were sentenced for criminal reentry. Roughly 90 percent of first time criminal entry offenders are handled without criminal prosecution. If anyone has better data please post it here.

From researching this topic what is clear to me is that both sides on the immigration crisis try to present the data to support their case making it hard to analyze. Despite it being hard to get exact figures what is clear is that a huge amount of criminal justice resources are being spent on illegal immigration. What is also clear is that the situation is not unique to the Trump administration.
    We hunt the hunters

I'm seeing the following all over the internet but couldn't find it on the sentencing commission website.

According to the U.S. Sentencing Commission, non-citizens account for 22 percent of all federal murder convictions, 18 percent of fraud convictions, 33 percent of money laundering convictions, 29 percent of drug trafficking convictions and 72 percent of convictions for drug possession in fiscal year 2016. Incidentally, non-citizens make up 7 percent of the American people.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Just a note--I don't believe that the federal government prosecutes many murderers, those are normally state offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        Just a note--I don't believe that the federal government prosecutes many murderers, those are normally state offenses.
        They average around 2700 cases of violent crime prosecutions a year, out of an average of 75,000 criminal cases. Around 4%, I guess? And that's lumping all violence together, so maybe a third of that are murders.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...izens_FY17.pdf

As best I can tell about 70 percent of the offenders were sentenced for criminal reentry. Roughly 90 percent of first time criminal entry offenders are handled without criminal prosecution. If anyone has better data please post it here.

From researching this topic what is clear to me is that both sides on the immigration crisis try to present the data to support their case making it hard to analyze. Despite it being hard to get exact figures what is clear is that a huge amount of criminal justice resources are being spent on illegal immigration. What is also clear is that the situation is not unique to the Trump administration.
          There is no "immigration crisis". There is a massive problem with illegal aliens. Those two groups are not even remotely alike in any way, legal or otherwise.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Bank robbers, kidnappers and anyone who crosses state lines in commission of a crime, such as drug dealers, cartel members and so forth, for starters.

Comment

When I get a chance I will dig a little deeper. If the numbers in the above quote are accurate it points to a coordinated misinformation campaign involving multiple administrations.
              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                When I get a chance I will dig a little deeper. If the numbers in the above quote are accurate it points to a coordinated misinformation campaign involving multiple administrations.
                If you mean administration lie, then save yourself the time and trouble. We already know that to be a constant in our government.

Comment

I guess I was just tired last night but I still can't make the numbers match up with those circulating as listed above.

https://isb.ussc.gov/api/repos/:USSC...le_num=Table09

We hunt the hunters

Comment

I should have responded earlier but I wanted to get the data right first.

You are right in that just looking at Federal cases is pointless. That is true unless you are looking for bias in how the data is presented to the public.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Not familiar with Florence SuperMax, I take it. SuperMax is focused on violent offenders.

The FBI, BTW, deals with murderers constantly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X