If I were POTUS I'd ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were POTUS I'd ...

As the adage goes; critics are a dime a dozen, but real, effective problem solvers are quite rare in comparison.

So for those whom think the current(or any past) POTUS can do nothing right, here's the place to display your alternative calls and plans.

Since nearly every POTUS has had personality issues/flaws, that isn't the sort of alternative sought here. We should focus on policy please.
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

I'd stop using Twitter . Any chief of state should not give a flash response to any issue.
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
      I'd stop using Twitter . Any chief of state should not give a flash response to any issue.
      You would prefer to get your information on what the president is thinking from CNN?
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

I'm not suggesting some 'body snatchers' thing where you are in DJT's body/mind ...
        ... rather some course of events where you yourself are now POTUS.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

You would prefer to get your information on what the president is thinking from CNN?
          Dunno
          S
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

I would make a horrible president. I don't really like to be around people. I like to have plenty of time to review all the available data before making a decision. Once a decision is made I always assume that it should be reviewed for possible improvement. I don't have a set systems of principles by which I make judgements and do not believe in absolutes. I have no speaking skills or persuasion skills. I could go on but you get the idea.

You may want to revise the question to what would you advise the president to do.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Yes-it's more accurate than any tripe that Trump puts forth in a tweet-or anywhere else for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                Trump is far from alone there. He's just more "colorful" than others generally are. He's also more heavily scrutinized.

Then again, I think that's what motivates him.
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I'ld find a cheaper prostitute than Stormy Daniels.
                  AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                  The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                    I'ld find a cheaper prostitute than Stormy Daniels.
                    A Monica Lewinsky maybe ...

Comment

I would make a horrible president. I don't really like to be around people. I like to have plenty of time to review all the available data before making a decision. Once a decision is made I always assume that it should be reviewed for possible improvement. I don't have a set systems of principles by which I make judgements and do not believe in absolutes. I have no speaking skills or persuasion skills. I could go on but you get the idea.

You may want to revise the question to what would you advise the president to do.
                      Advise would also work. I might edit that into the OP later. Can work for now.

Comment

Obviously, this thread is a total failure.

I would act more decisively on the Mexican issue and others, and use the media to drive my agenda rather than my opponents' by controlling access to the White House for those networks supporting the opponents of my every move. That wold include Air Force On trips. It would be done subtly, but the message would be crystal clear - promote a useful, productive pro-American agenda as your slant or go back to reporting obituaries in the welfare housing districts.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

It would be fun to have top secret clearance and be next to Trump every day all day for a week or two. The problem with knowing what you would do if president is you don't know what the president does and doesn't know.

What I can say is that people greatly underestimated Trump's ability to become president and are probably underestimating the job he is doing. I have no delusions that it is an easy job to be effective at.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

It would be fun to have top secret clearance and be next to Trump every day all day for a week or two. The problem with knowing what you would do if president is you don't know what the president does and doesn't know.

What I can say is that people greatly underestimated Trump's ability to become president and are probably underestimating the job he is doing. I have no delusions that it is an easy job to be effective at.
                            You know, something very similar was examined a little over 50 years ago ...

The President's Analyst is an American satirical comedy film written and directed by Ted Flicker, starring James Coburn, with cinematography by William A. Fraker, and a musical score by Lalo Schifrin. The film has elements of political satire and science fiction, including themes concerning modern ethics and privacy, specifically regarding the intrusion of the telecommunications monopoly, working with the US Government, into the private lives of the country's citizens. The film was released theatrically on December 21, 1967. Although initially not a commercial success, the film was reviewed favorably, eventually achieving cult film recognition.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_President%27s_Analyst

The President's Analyst - Trailer

The President's Analyst is James Coburn, whose position makes him privy to any number of delicate government secrets. Thus Coburn becomes a most desirable prize for several secret-agent organizations, including the CEA and the FBR (we know who these folks are really supposed to be, even though the phony names were crudely dubbed onto the soundtrack after the film was completed). When Coburn becomes expendable, he finds a pair of strong allies in the form of likeable political assassin Godfrey Cambridge and gay Soviet spy Severn Darden. The main plot involves an insidious, unnamed concern that wishes to harness Coburn's talents in order to brainwash the president and everyone else in America into submission. The President's Analyst is a terrific, on-target satire of virtually every sacred cow of the late 1960s, the satire was so potent, in fact, that when the NBC network broadcast the film in the early 1970s, it was compelled to remove the picture's punchline.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldKsO6yFi0w

Ebert's 1968 review, 4 out of 4 stars;
                            (Spoiler alert)
                            https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/t...s-analyst-1968

Surprisingly this movie holds up quite well and remains relevant today.

Comment

I wonder how we ever made it before Twitter came along.
                              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X