Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any Fox news anchors Wished folks a happy Ramadan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
    In an effort to return to the original subject....Have any Fox news anchors wished folks a happy Ramadan?
    Since when has it been the duty or responsibility of new anchors to wish members of any religious community greetings on account of some holiday? It is true we often hear news anchors wish people happy thanksgiving, but is it an overtly religious holiday? It isn't in Canada. In Canada it is more rooted in traditional harvest celebrations and celebrations of certain events like the end of the War of 1812 and the recovery of one of the Queen's children from a serious illness. Regarding public figures and media "wishing folks" a Merry Christmas, there has been a long and active campaign to prevent this by liberals especially, considering this to be an unwarranted bias towards one religion in what is supposed to be a secular state. Which is why we now have public figures say the blandly non-committal "Happy Holidays". So, considering this, wouldn't the OP, whom I suspect is liberal in persuasion, not be happy that Fox news anchors ignored Ramadan?
    I could only give Fox credit if they ignored all religious holidays, but they dont they wish Christians Merry Christmas and make a huge point in doing so which makes them bias.
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

    George S Patton

    Comment


    • Whats the similarity between a Baptist Pastor with a fine suit and million dollar fake smile compared to those ruff looking AQ members?

      For some Jews, Christians and Muslims it not about religion its about money and power.

      Trump adviser Pastor Jeffress and your average ISIL leader both believe that non believers are destined for the hellfire. Only thing is that Trump Spiritual Adviser Pastor Jeffress is welcomed in Israel with open arms by Rabbis apparently that are not following the true Jewish religion. Those Rabbis might as well have brought in a ISIL member for the cut the ribbon ceremony. When Pastor Jeffess gave a speech in Israel, other Rabbis were saying wow what a crime to bring this anti Jewish bigot to Israel.

      https://www.google.com/search?q=past...-Me_bWBLPCNbM:

      https://www.google.com/search?biw=15...vra8iAerA79GM:

      https://www.newsweek.com/christians-...-other-1373393

      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/w...usalem-us.html

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideolo...and_the_Levant
      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

      George S Patton

      Comment


      • Turkey can actually be labeled as anti Muslim well before The USA can be labeled anti Christian.

        How about how in America we have a few white people whom think there is a war on Christmas..thats unfortunate because Christians in the USA get all the constant attention..what about all the other religious folks? And this is coming from a Catholic, a real and true liberal. A proper society does not favor one group over the other. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC are a part of American society these are the major news networks and they have a duty to be non bias. That does not mean IMO they should not celebrate Christian holidays, but something has to be done to pay homage to other religions or we just need to have a non bias approach from these outlets that claim to be non bias.

        Christmas and Easter is everywhere in the USA but in Turkey wearing outward Islamic clothing is at times very discouraged and even illegal in some areas of Turkey and yet a few white people in the USA think Islam is the problem(many of them dislike Jews, Indians and any so called non whites) Truth is that crime is a worldwide issue. One of my co workers who is white like me was complaining to me that our company has brought on an Indian employer and the company will tank because of it. So for Jews or Hindus on this board, think twice about agreeing with anti Muslim views(a minority in the USA but an issue nonetheless) because those same people often dont want anything to do with people that do not look like them.
        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

        George S Patton

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
          Why should I know when Ramadan fast ends? Im not a Muslim. I posted the question as I was driving home from the casino.

          That was an unexpected response from you. Terrorism and Ramadan? Soldiers on duty? Thats the type of talk that I dont agree with you on...and thats because I do not associate religion with crime even though religious non Muslims have committed crimes in the name of their religion. Remember the thread you made on how Jews control NYC or similar, even though it may have been tongue in cheek or w/e from you, I disagree with that type of approach you take.

          Sure Muslim criminals exist, so do Christian and Atheist criminals. In my area a non Muslim man lit recently his girlfriend on fire at a local Tim Hortons coffee shop. Every day in the USA a non Muslim white man beats his wife to a pulp. Crime is a worldwide issue.

          Many a young man do not enlist in AQ, ISIL, Taliban , etc for Ramadan. Those AQ groups are a total joke and do nothing these days, those groups are similar to the mafia. They are not soldiers, they are not officers they have no international standing. Yes they are Muslims but even though it was not a Theocratic war, WW2 saw more Christians engaged in Holy War against Jews then probably all of the anti Semitic Muslims in all human history. Christians of today are more advanced, but just 70 years ago the Christians of the Reich made AQ look like a cakewalk.
          Usual anti-christian nonsense .
          WWII was no Holy War against the Jews .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
            Turkey can actually be labeled as anti Muslim well before The USA can be labeled anti Christian.

            How about how in America we have a few white people whom think there is a war on Christmas..thats unfortunate because Christians in the USA get all the constant attention..what about all the other religious folks? And this is coming from a Catholic, a real and true liberal. A proper society does not favor one group over the other. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC are a part of American society these are the major news networks and they have a duty to be non bias. That does not mean IMO they should not celebrate Christian holidays, but something has to be done to pay homage to other religions or we just need to have a non bias approach from these outlets that claim to be non bias.

            Christmas and Easter is everywhere in the USA but in Turkey wearing outward Islamic clothing is at times very discouraged and even illegal in some areas of Turkey and yet a few white people in the USA think Islam is the problem(many of them dislike Jews, Indians and any so called non whites) Truth is that crime is a worldwide issue. One of my co workers who is white like me was complaining to me that our company has brought on an Indian employer and the company will tank because of it. So for Jews or Hindus on this board, think twice about agreeing with anti Muslim views(a minority in the USA but an issue nonetheless) because those same people often dont want anything to do with people that do not look like them.
            A liberal can't be a Christian and a Christian can't be a liberal : both exclude each other .
            Liberalism is a materialistic ideology that is hostile to religion .

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ljadw View Post

              A liberal can't be a Christian and a Christian can't be a liberal : both exclude each other .
              Liberalism is a materialistic ideology that is hostile to religion .
              Totally untrue.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                .
                Has anyone seen any Fox News anchors wish folks a happy Ramadan?
                For comparison have CNN anchors mentioned it?

                Fox news article on Ramadan

                https://www.foxnews.com/world/a-look...nth-of-ramadan

                Fox reports remarks by Trump
                "Ramadan a time of hope, tolerance & peace"
                https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-cit...ance-and-peace


                I wonder if that was reported on CNN?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  Totally untrue.
                  Wrong :
                  In '' Political Liberalisms and their Exclusions of the Religious '' published in November 1995 by the American Philosophical Association , Philip L. Quin quoted Richard Rorty who said that religion must be expelled from the public square .
                  And, who will determine the public square ? Yes : the liberals .
                  In Canada the liberals have started an offensive against Christians, forbidding them to demonstrate .
                  In the US Sanders propses to eliminate the charter schools .
                  In Belgium,two times there was an attack against Catholic Schools : first by a liberal government in the 19th century, and from 1954 to 1958 by a socialist-liberal government dominated by the freemasonry that is still dominating socialists and liberals .The situation was not different in France .
                  Two years ago, Feinstein attacked a candidate for a post of Federal Judge,because she was catholic .
                  Also two years ago, the NYT launched a general attack on religion in the USA ( Islam was of course spared ) .
                  In the 19th century Darwinism (offspring of the liberals ) was very anti-religion .
                  Etc,etc
                  As socialism, liberalism is materialistic and hostile to any form of religion, with the exception of Islam,of course .

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                    For comparison have CNN anchors mentioned it?

                    Fox news article on Ramadan

                    https://www.foxnews.com/world/a-look...nth-of-ramadan

                    Fox reports remarks by Trump
                    "Ramadan a time of hope, tolerance & peace"
                    https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-cit...ance-and-peace


                    I wonder if that was reported on CNN?
                    The mission of CNN is not to report, but to lie .

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                      Wrong :
                      In '' Political Liberalisms and their Exclusions of the Religious '' published in November 1995 by the American Philosophical Association , Philip L. Quin quoted Richard Rorty who said that religion must be expelled from the public square .
                      And, who will determine the public square ? Yes : the liberals .
                      In Canada the liberals have started an offensive against Christians, forbidding them to demonstrate .
                      In the US Sanders propses to eliminate the charter schools .
                      In Belgium,two times there was an attack against Catholic Schools : first by a liberal government in the 19th century, and from 1954 to 1958 by a socialist-liberal government dominated by the freemasonry that is still dominating socialists and liberals .The situation was not different in France .
                      Two years ago, Feinstein attacked a candidate for a post of Federal Judge,because she was catholic .
                      Also two years ago, the NYT launched a general attack on religion in the USA ( Islam was of course spared ) .
                      In the 19th century Darwinism (offspring of the liberals ) was very anti-religion .
                      Etc,etc
                      As socialism, liberalism is materialistic and hostile to any form of religion, with the exception of Islam,of course .
                      Yes, you are wrong. Religious people do not consider their politics need to match their beliefs. It has never been that way. Anywhere you like you can find you liberals who go to church. Even the Pope gets liberal every so often.

                      You're generalizing, and you're dead wrong.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                        Yes, you are wrong. Religious people do not consider their politics need to match their beliefs. It has never been that way. Anywhere you like you can find you liberals who go to church. Even the Pope gets liberal every so often.

                        You're generalizing, and you're dead wrong.
                        The discussion is not about the attitude of religious people, but about the attitude of liberals .

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          The discussion is not about the attitude of religious people, but about the attitude of liberals .
                          Wrong - it has been made to be about liberals and religion and their alleged incompatibility. Additionally, there is no way to separate liberals from their religious beliefs in the first place.

                          The problem is that the initial statement is totally flawed and incorrect - liberals are perfectly capable of being religious, and the religious are perfectly capable of being liberals. We see it all of the time. Congress is full of liberals, and they all go to churches just like everyone else.

                          Furthermore, despite the teachings of religion, the Nazis had no problems running the death camps while still attending church on Sundays. As far as they were concerned, eliminating Jews was as much "god's will" as anything else. Humans are capable of rationalizing widely disparate belief systems to achieve what they seek, just as Muslims today find it easy to use their religion to justify slaughtering anyone they want to, including women and children.

                          Maybe you should work on redefining the discussion, the terms you are using and what you are looking for, instead of focusing on facts that you don't like because they are inconvenient to your argument.

                          And while you;re at it, this thread is not even about this to begin with. It's about Ramadan and whether or not Fox News wished the Muslims "happy Ramadan".

                          You might want to get back on topic.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                          Comment


                          • My post was a reply to post 108 where SJ claimed to be and a catholic, and a real and true liberal, proving that he does not know what a liberal is .
                            And ,final reply : in 2008,the British composer James McMillan said that atheist liberals were using '' increasingly aggressive means'' to drive religion out of public life and culture .
                            The words of Christopher Hitchens '' religion poisons everything '' prove that McMillan was not wrong .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                              For comparison have CNN anchors mentioned it?

                              Fox news article on Ramadan

                              https://www.foxnews.com/world/a-look...nth-of-ramadan

                              Fox reports remarks by Trump
                              "Ramadan a time of hope, tolerance & peace"
                              https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-cit...ance-and-peace


                              I wonder if that was reported on CNN?
                              Thats interesting but did Fox broadcast a Happy Ramadan to Muslims on live air?

                              CNN has also reported on Ramadan in news articles. But saying Allah Akbar or Glory to Muhammad, or Ramadan Mubarek has CNN or Fox anchors said something like that on live air?


                              A Ramadan etiquette guide for non-Muslims



                              (CNN) — There are about 7.6 billion people in the world. And around 24% of them -- 1.8 billion -- are fasting from sunup to sundown. Every day. For an entire month.
                              It's Ramadan, the holiest month of the Muslim calendar.

                              But what if you're not a Muslim -- just a caring, considerate person. Is there anything you should do so you don't come across as insensitive to your fasting friends in the US during Ramadan?
                              Short answer: No. Long answer: No.
                              But you can earn some cool points if you follow these 10 tips:
                              1. You can totally eat in front of us ...


                              For the 30 days of Ramadan, Muslims around the world will abstain from eating and drinking during daylight hours. That doesn't mean you shouldn't carry on business as usual. (Just turn a deaf ear to our growling stomachs.)


                              https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/r...ide/index.html


                              My issue in general is about how News outlets that claim to be non bias deal with religious holidays. A non bias news outlet is faced with the challenge of recognizing all religions, some religions, or no religions
                              Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 20 May 19, 15:08.
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                              George S Patton

                              Comment


                              • You haven't answered the question - How many CNN anchors wished happy Ramadan?

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X