Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any Fox news anchors Wished folks a happy Ramadan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

Fox TV is an American entertainment outlet serving all Americans. Ramadan is one of many religious holidays celebrated in America.

It isn't a holiday - it's a fasting period - like Lent which is also not a holiday. Fasts are observed not celebrated.
    Last edited by MarkV; 13 May 19, 11:15.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

It isn't a holiday - it's a fasting period - like Lent which is also not a holiday
      You could say that, but the period during the 9th month is one of the 5 pillars of Islam. IOW, it's an important time for muslims every year.

Comment

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I ain't never heard no news outlet 'round here announce the Nativity with a "Christ is born!," or announcing Pascha with a "Christ is Risen!" More often than not, even our local outlets -- in a City which nearly 200,000 Orthodox Christians call home -- fail to note the Orthodox holidays. Suffice to say, I'm not offended by their oversight: I just have come to expect it as par for the course.

And since I'm not a regular consumer of Fox News' product, I can honestly say that I don't give a sht what they do.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

1. As I said I'm not anti-muslim. I am anti-islam, which lines up with being anti-nazi and anti-facist.

2. In what "proper muslim society" is criticism of islam / mohammedism allowed? Not Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan etc.

3. What founding fathers admired the evil false prophet ?

Thomas Jefferson wisely took an interest in islam. No your enemy is a wise policy. The islamic pirates of North Africa were one of the first enemies confronted by the U.S. Navy when it was re-established.
          Im not some bleeding heart but my admiration of Islam is based on freedom and liberal values. The problem is anti Islam or anti Muslim folks imagine all Muslims living by sand, in the deserts.

In Turkey and Albania and most Muslim majority countries criticism of Islam is allowed. Israel also has religious bigots in some of there Jews same with the Muslims in Saudi Arabia. Are you also anti Judaism based on that ?

Many Turkish and Albanian people are diverse, will have a drink and not to mention Turkey produces great NBA basketball players. If you look at the charts and graphs of Muslim countries maybe 7 or 8 of these countries(most US allies) come up as being religiously intolerant.

The whole thing is that many people view Muhammad in a way that one would view a Knight or a great leader. There are museums with Muhammads swords and gear so there is an exotic view to Muhammad.
          Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Al-Bayan wished the US a happy 9/11 .

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

I find it strange for someone who claims to to be a Catholic to gush over Islam. You can't have it both ways, "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Guess he threw that verse away.

https://biblehub.com/esv/john/14.htm

There's a warm spot for those who subvert the truth...
              Why are you surprised? There are 8 billion people here on Earth . History of other cultures or religions is admired practically in every country with exception to North Korea possibly.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

Don't you recall how he tried to sell us on a trip to Iran? Now which American with two brain cells would want to vacation there???
                And so what? People travel to Iran, and to Israel. Again with you getting personal, but at the least when you try and dig up dirt at least dont fail. You got nothing on me what so ever buddy, keep trying You got anything else.

Your very easy to respond to friend.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

It is not an injustice :

It is a issue(maybe it is wrong) because one religion gets airtime while others do not Even in Egypt on State Tv the Muslim militaristic President El Sisi visited a Church and wished Christians Merry Christians. Trump should wish Muslims a Happy Ramadan in return.

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                  The Islam had a lot of airtime on 9/11 .
                  9/11 was committed not by Islam but by criminals whom were Muslims. A religion is not a person. Crime happens everyday in every country.

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Why even read what that Nit-Wit has to say, put him on ignore like over half of this forum has.
                  Grumpy woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
                  Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 13 May 19, 10:37.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Why are you surprised? There are 8 billion people here on Earth . History of other cultures or religions is admired practically in every country with exception to North Korea possibly.
                    Given all the strange posts this morn SJW, will you join me in wishing a happy Saint Fiacres' day, as he is the patron Saint of all terminal hemmroid sufferers .....
                    Last edited by marktwain; 13 May 19, 12:41.
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

and remember, all of you Satanists on board, it's also St Dunstan's day.......
                      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

It is a issue(maybe it is wrong) because one religion gets airtime while others do not Even in Egypt on State Tv the Muslim militaristic President El Sisi visited a Church and wished Christians Merry Christians. Trump should wish Muslims a Happy Ramadan in return.

9/11 was committed not by Islam but by criminals whom were Muslims. A religion is not a person. Crime happens everyday in every country.

Grumpy woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
                        9/11 was committed by Muslioms in the name of the Islam .
                        Everyday in Egypt Christians are murdered by Muslims in the name of the Islam ,thus there is no rfeason for Trump to wish potential terrorists a Happy Ramadan .US Muslims refuse the values of America, thus they can not claim any right on good wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                          and remember, all of you Satanists on board, it's also St Dunstan's day.......
                          Any Saint you know who can save me from wrath of My Freemason uncle, And make the all Powerful Freemason forget a small Flie like me.

I am serious. I pray to many Saints, I will add another to the list.

Am I asking too much. Nothing short of Miracle Perhaps.

Regard

Vikram

Comment

Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                            I am serious. I pray to many Saints, I will add another to the list.
                            My patron saint is St Thomas the Apostle, aka Doubting Thomas.

Tradition holds that he preached in your neighborhood, where he pi$$ed off a local prince, and was subsequently whacked. What praying for his intervention will get you is anyone's guess, but you're more than welcome to try.
                            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Given all the strange posts this morn SJW, will you join me in wishing a happy Saint Fiacres' day, as he is the patron Saint of all terminal hemmroid sufferers .....
                              Prayers provided

and I put a prayer in for our friend trung si I’ll say that to trung even though he probably already visited the Mosque for his Ramadan morning prayers right . Salamulakim Trung si May peace be upon you .

Salam Ijadw

George S Patton

Comment

(…)
                                and I put a prayer in for our friend trung si I’ll say that to trung even though he probably already visited the Mosque for his Ramadan morning prayers right . Salamulakim Trung si May peace be upon you .
                                He must have been truly drunk as the Lord if he did

High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
                                Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X