Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Itís a tradition handed down by European Royalty,
    Which, in turn, goes back to the Egyptians.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      The longer a family stays in an area, the more family ties are made. My ex is a Cajun, so she is related to just about every Cajun out there. The families have been in Louisiana for something like 500 years. My second daughter was born with problems. I sat there and told the Tulane Genealogy team that there was NO WAY my future ex wife and I were related. Years later I found out a couple of my Grandfather's Uncles moved down to Ville Platte around 1900! Suddenly the chance of relation went from no way to probably not! I had a 9th Grade Homeroom in my first teaching job. One of them was a Vincent. I just laughed and said "I bet you are related to half the people in Sulphur?! She said 'How did you know?".

Pruitt
      Louisiana was first settled by the French in 1682 (337 years ago), with the large immigration of Acadians (origination of the term Cajun) from Canada after the Seven Years War in 1763 (256 years ago).

But what's a couple of hundred years between friends, right?

Comment

The French started the colony of Louisiana way before the Cajuns came. The first settlement was actually in Mobile Bay, 1702. The first settlement in Louisiana was at Natchitoches in 1714, where a fur trading station was built.

I remember talking to a girl I knew in Junior High named Fontenot. I had just called her a Cajun when she informed me that the Fontenots had came over from France! She then ruined it by saying actually her Mother was Cajun!

I did the DNA search on my daughter to get her Mother's side and was really surprised when she was found to have French, Spanish, Canary Islands, Ashkenazi and Sephardic gene markers! I was expecting some German and Native American gene markers, but no luck! The Mother in Law was a Marcantel which is German and a Great Grandmother was supposed to be Native American. After so many generations some of those gene markers disappear!

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
          Unbelievable, a 25 year old man admitted to the rape of a 14 year old girl, his punishment?
          $375.00 for court fees, $1,000.00 to register as an offender, and 10 years probation.

https://www.watertowndailytimes.com/...-rape-20190426
          In Belgium, a man who sexually assaulted a girl of 9 year,got ...4 years of probation .
          The result will be that finally people will have enough and will hang and the rapists and the judges .
          I hope that I will be able to see this .

Comment

Originally posted by 82redleg View Post

Louisiana was first settled by the French in 1682 (337 years ago), with the large immigration of Acadians (origination of the term Cajun) from Canada after the Seven Years War in 1763 (256 years ago).

But what's a couple of hundred years between friends, right?
            The expulsion of the Acadiens from Nova Scotia occurred in 1758.
            (but what's 5 years between friends) BTW my math says the difference between 1763 & 1682 is 89 years, not a couple of hundred, just saying.
            Last edited by Sparlingo; 08 May 19, 15:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

The expulsion of the Acadiens from Nova Scotia occurred in 1758.
              (but what's 5 years between friends) BTW my math says the difference between 1763 & 1682 is 89 years, not a couple of hundred, just saying.
              Regardless, the Cajuns haven't been in Louisiana anywhere close to 500 years.

And while the expulsion from Canada was earlier, as near as I can tell, the main settlements in Louisiana came after the end of the war.

Comment

Here we go again.... I can hear the defense already, hecwas bringing in too much money to report him....
                Lawsuit: Practice, hospital covered for pedophile pediatrician

The suit says Laurel Pediatric Associates in Johnstown knew at least two decades ago that Dr. Johnnie Barto's patients were in "serious danger," but allowed him to treat - and molest - children, explaining away parents' complaints about his sexual misconduct.

Barto was sentenced in March to at least 79 years in prison for sexually assaulting 31 children, most of them patients.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ian/ar-AABp9cc

Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X