Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    iirc DL use to have a lot of the 500 company's hqs there
    For tax purposes, Delaware is a very attractive place for a corporation's HQ. I've known more than a few people who live in Delaware but work in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania's income tax code is even more byzantine that New York's, if that can be believed.

Originally posted by American87 View Post
    [Joe Biden] spent his formative years in Scranton
    Didn't Hillary Clinton also claim an association to Scranton?

which is small city in northestern PA. It's been an immigrant destination since the 1840s at least. It's close to New York City and used to have plenty of jobs.
    Also home of the NY Yankees' AAA affiliate.

Even though small town Pennsylvania is largely immigrant-based, some of the city slickers still consider it redneck America. It has more to do with type of employment, money, and education than with ethnic and cultural diversity.
    People tend to forget all those coal miners and steel workers were actually Eastern European types.

Same goes for New York City and...New Jersey. The Northeast cities are the most stimulating places to live if you can get over the class system.
    I thought the class system a lot more rigid in California, especially Los Angeles, than here in NYC. In NYC everything's fluid to the point of gaseous.

I guess Biden associates with Delaware and Scranton, which is cool. Delaware might be the most underrated state in the Union in terms of recreation.
    Being wedged between Virginia and the Jersey shore, I can see how that happens, but Delaware can be lots of fun, too.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post

By stating an outright lie wrapped around idiotic virtue signalling. Which will, of course, cause the lemmings to fall right in line.
      By voting for DJT
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Seems Biden is insane. He, like the crazy ladies running on the Democrat ticket for President, now wants to impeach Trump...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e5b1ec25742b

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/30/bide...-congress.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-bi...-impeach-trump

But, then again, we knew Biden was an insane idiot already...

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

For tax purposes, Delaware is a very attractive place for a corporation's HQ. I've known more than a few people who live in Delaware but work in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania's income tax code is even more byzantine that New York's, if that can be believed.
          Don't leave out Connecticut.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Don't leave out Connecticut.
            Or Nevada, home of the sham corporation...

https://www.keytlaw.com/azllclaw/for...poration-scam/

https://eminutes.com/debunking-the-n...rporation-myth

Comment

Labor union International Association of Fire Fighters announced they are endorsing Biden for 2020.

Of course Trump had something to say about this...

President Donald Trump lashed out at the country’s largest firefighter union on Wednesday, claiming to have “done more for Firefighters than this dues sucking union will ever do” after the organization endorsed former Vice President Biden in the 2020 Democratic primary.
              On April 29, a Facebook group called IAFF Union Firefighters for Trump was created. In merely a week, more than 18,900 people have joined to show support for Trump. Sponsors of the Facebook group said they oppose the union leader’s endorsement of Biden.

“Our movement evolved from dedicated IAFF members, frustrated with our leaderships exploitation of our political capital to promote a political candidate/party whose values run contrary to those of our own,” read the group description.
              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Labor union International Association of Fire Fighters announced they are endorsing Biden for 2020.

Of course Trump had something to say about this...

On April 29, a Facebook group called IAFF Union Firefighters for Trump was created. In merely a week, more than 18,900 people have joined to show support for Trump. Sponsors of the Facebook group said they oppose the union leader’s endorsement of Biden.

Biden probably promised them new trucks and waterproof trousers.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X