Democrats upset Trump proposing to send illegals to sanctuary cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats upset Trump proposing to send illegals to sanctuary cities

Talk about the height of hypocrisy... Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats are upset that the White House / Trump having proposed to send persons asking for asylum and illegal immigrants awaiting trial to sanctuary cities until their trial date.
    You'd think they'd be happy with that.
    Instead, Democrats are calling it "inhumane." Why? Are sanctuary cities that bad of places to live?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Personally, I'd think it would be a bit inhumane to send them to US cities with crime rates much higher than they experienced back in the country they came from, like say... St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Flint, or Stockton, to mention a few with much higher crime rates than say Guatemala or Honduras...

So, the question is, why are Democrats opposed to a policy that would send illegal immigrants and persons applying for asylum, mostly from Third World nations, to a sanctuary city where supposedly they'd be safer from arrest and deportation--not to mention being somewhere that favors their coming to the US to begin with?

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Talk about the height of hypocrisy... Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats are upset that the White House / Trump having proposed to send persons asking for asylum and illegal immigrants awaiting trial to sanctuary cities until their trial date.
    Instead, Democrats are calling it "inhumane." Why? Are sanctuary cities that bad of places to live?

Personally, I'd think it would be a bit inhumane to send them to US cities with crime rates much higher than they experienced back in the country they came from, like say... St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Flint, or Stockton, to mention a few with much higher crime rates than say Guatemala or Honduras...

So, the question is, why are Democrats opposed to a policy that would send illegal immigrants and persons applying for asylum, mostly from Third World nations, to a sanctuary city where supposedly they'd be safer from arrest and deportation--not to mention being somewhere that favors their coming to the US to begin with?
    Because Democratic give-away programs will have to foot the bill and those liberal cities can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Because Democratic give-away programs will have to foot the bill and those liberal cities can't afford it.
      I think it's more of a NIMBY thing. Democrats like the idea of sanctuary cities and helping what they see is simply migration (open borders etc.). The problem is, they don't these unwashed masses in their neighborhood. It's fine when they're somebody else's problem, just don't make them my problem.

Pelosi in the article was b!+ching that Trump wanted to dump them in San Francisco (her hometown). Well, that's because he sees her as one of the people who champions sanctuary cities.

I'd say that's the real problem here. These limousine Leftists can't walk the walk and are talking smack.

Comment

Hey Dems-

Can you agree there is an Emergency now?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I love how it was an idea that was proposed, mulled over in a meeting, and then rejected out of hand.

And the Democrats are going frigging nuts over it.

I'm sure that on the week of 9/11/01 there was a proposal made for invading or bombing Saudi Arabia or portions thereof, that was mulled over and then rejected out of hand.

"Why can't we call the Air Force to bomb it" is a pretty common visceral reaction by cops when they learn that a slaughterhouse of a 'club' that they worked for years to shut down has reopened. It's said with the knowledge that it's patently ridiculous, and then rejected.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
            And the Democrats are going frigging nuts over it.

They are, aren't they?

Maybe it should be reconsidered ...
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

They are, aren't they?

Maybe it should be reconsidered ...
              Yeah,,,if the Dems hate it, it must be a great idea!

Comment

I'm not familiar with the American scenario, but Italy and Spain use abandoned villages, instead of cities.....

I am somewhat familiar with the Dakotas - some abandoned villages there- winterkill may be concern....
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

I'm not familiar with the American scenario, but Italy and Spain use abandoned villages, instead of cities.....

I am somewhat familiar with the Dakotas - some abandoned villages there- winterkill may be concern....
                  Italy and Spain have abandoned villages. That's not common in the US. There's also different laws between them in terms of the government simply walking in and saying "Well, you're not using this so we are going to..."

My point in listing the cities I did (among quite a few others) is that they have much higher crime rates than Guatemala, Honduras, and many other nations. Now, El Salvador is hard to beat. They have a LOT of crime, but not their neighbors so much.
                  My guess from what I'm seeing is that groups like Pueblos sin Fronteras (PSF) are encouraging people in these countries to come, coaching them on how to get asylum, and essentially fabricating the reasons for some political end. This is particularly true given that much of the PSF leadership, and related groups to them, are openly anti-US, anti-US government, and quite often radical Leftist terrorists and violent revolutionaries.

Comment

Italy and Spain have abandoned villages. That's not common in the US. There's also different laws between them in terms of the government simply walking in and saying "Well, you're not using this so we are going to..."

My point in listing the cities I did (among quite a few others) is that they have much higher crime rates than Guatemala, Honduras, and many other nations. Now, El Salvador is hard to beat. They have a LOT of crime, but not their neighbors so much.
                    My guess from what I'm seeing is that groups like Pueblos sin Fronteras (PSF) are encouraging people in these countries to come, coaching them on how to get asylum, and essentially fabricating the reasons for some political end. This is particularly true given that much of the PSF leadership, and related groups to them, are openly anti-US, anti-US government, and quite often radical Leftist terrorists and violent revolutionaries.
                    You mean the South American nations report a lower crime rate, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You mean the South American nations report a lower crime rate, right?
                      No, have. There are both inside and outside agencies that try to measure this. In both Guatemala's and Honduras' case the crime rates are relatively low. El Salvador is out of sight, and Mexico is really bad. Costa Rica is probably the safest of the bunch.
                      The caravans are mostly Guatemalan and Honduran and the organizers are a combination of US Leftist radicals like PSF, working with the most radical Leftist political parties in those countries as well as radical Leftist groups that could be considered the equivalent of Antifa and the like here.

This is in Guatemala for instance:

Red and black are radical Leftist colors. The child with balloons is a PSF symbol. The circle with three arrows in it is Antifa.

PSF's leadership are Communists of the actual sort. They work hand in hand with groups like the radical Leftist Libre party in Honduras in organizing the caravans.
                      For example, one of the organizers who affiliates with both groups is Alfonso Guerrero Ulloa who is wanted in both the US and Honduras for terrorist acts. He lives in Mexico who gave him asylum (figure that out).

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2018/1...-for-invaders/

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...van-organizer/

He's hardly alone.

Comment

TAG, don't forget that the QUEBEC North Shore has abandoned villages, and are entitled to autoyour Original Articles of Confederation, automatic Statehood.....
                        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Old Gold and sliver towns through out the west don't count.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

No, have. There are both inside and outside agencies that try to measure this. In both Guatemala's and Honduras' case the crime rates are relatively low. El Salvador is out of sight, and Mexico is really bad. Costa Rica is probably the safest of the bunch.
                            The caravans are mostly Guatemalan and Honduran and the organizers are a combination of US Leftist radicals like PSF, working with the most radical Leftist political parties in those countries as well as radical Leftist groups that could be considered the equivalent of Antifa and the like here.

Nations where every single law enforcement authority and judge are on the take are accurate in their crime reporting? Sorry, TAG, I can't buy that.

You do realize that every single member of those caravans to America were criminals being assisted on their way to the scene of their proposed crime, right? What those nations regard as crime and what we regard as crime are worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Old Gold and sliver towns through out the west don't count.
                              Those are now retirement and arts communities. Places like Jerome, Bisbee, Tombstone, and the like, are now full of rich retired types, hippie artists, and weekend bikers. Bisbee is popular with military retirees too being just 23 miles from Fort Huachuca.

The town of Hayden is up for sale: $415,000...

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 13 Apr 19, 13:28.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X