Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boeing 737 Max: A jet born of a frantic race to outdo a rival.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boeing 737 Max: A jet born of a frantic race to outdo a rival.

    Read more:

    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68552862.cms

    I would not be surprised if a foreign intelligence service infiltrated the subsidiaries who were responsible for making the software. I find it very hard to believe if Boeing test pilots were unable to report complications. I also find it interesting that the Senate Intelligence Committee got involved and requested President Trump to issue an emergency ban. Usually the FBI is responsible for recommending that measure / after consultation with the FAA.

    It is not unheard of to conduct industrial espionage in the aviation / civilian sector. When the British Concord was being constructed the Russian intelligence stole most of the blueprints used to make the plane. "Coincidentally" the Russian manufacturers were able to replicate a very similar "super sonic" passenger plane a couple of years later.




  • #2
    Sometimes sheer complexity is its own worst enemy, and all software suffers from Murphy's Law. Remember some of the Windows fiascos?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ace of Spies View Post
      Read more:

      [URL]


      It is not unheard of to conduct industrial espionage in the aviation / civilian sector. When the British Concord was being constructed the Russian intelligence stole most of the blueprints used to make the plane. "Coincidentally" the Russian manufacturers were able to replicate a very similar "super sonic" passenger plane a couple of years later.


      Not very similar the prototype crashed. The story going round was that the Soviets had been leaked (or allowed to steal) doctored material
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Sometimes sheer complexity is its own worst enemy, and all software suffers from Murphy's Law. Remember some of the Windows fiascos?
        Good point and the problems are still on going. I mostly meant countries like Iran have a sophisticated intelligence network. The Chinese also recruit numerous Asian students from college campuses to steal industrial secrets.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ace of Spies View Post

          Good point and the problems are still on going. I mostly meant countries like Iran have a sophisticated intelligence network. The Chinese also recruit numerous Asian students from college campuses to steal industrial secrets.
          Everyone who sends students to attend American colleges such as MIT is engaged in industrial espionage...or planning on it.

          The Russians (Soviets) were at one time the number one in this area. Now the Middle East and places like North Korea lead the pack. If they haven't got the time or resources to come up with it themselves, it's always easier to steal it from nations like America who have no concept of computer or industrial security.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ace of Spies View Post
            Read more:

            https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/68552862.cms

            I would not be surprised if a foreign intelligence service infiltrated the subsidiaries who were responsible for making the software. I find it very hard to believe if Boeing test pilots were unable to report complications. I also find it interesting that the Senate Intelligence Committee got involved and requested President Trump to issue an emergency ban. Usually the FBI is responsible for recommending that measure / after consultation with the FAA.

            It is not unheard of to conduct industrial espionage in the aviation / civilian sector. When the British Concord was being constructed the Russian intelligence stole most of the blueprints used to make the plane. "Coincidentally" the Russian manufacturers were able to replicate a very similar "super sonic" passenger plane a couple of years later.


            You're overthinking it. Not everything is a conspiracy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by johns624 View Post

              You're overthinking it. Not everything is a conspiracy.
              It was a hypothetical scenario and perhaps I did overthink it.

              Comment

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X