Damn Germany medical system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Germany medical system

I've been put on a new med for my cancer. What a joke for a retiree on a fixed income. For a month supply it cost 3,568.30 Euro. Damn I'd be broke within a couple months.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Try getting that same medication in the US. I can guarantee that it will cost you far more then what you are paying if you don't qualify to get it under Medicaid or from the VA.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
      Try getting that same medication in the US. I can guarantee that it will cost you far more then what you are paying if you don't qualify to get it under Medicaid or from the VA.
      Big Pharma are trying the same trick everywhere, we are cushioned somewhat in the UK by the NHS but not completely
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
        I've been put on a new med for my cancer. What a joke for a retiree on a fixed income. For a month supply it cost 3,568.30 Euro. Damn I'd be broke within a couple months.
        Best wishes for your recovery or remission, HPJ>..
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Best wishes for your recovery or remission, HPJ>..
          TKS. No biggie. It is as it is. Been dealing with this for two plus years.

Comment

Sadly, price gouging by big Pharma is nothing new. Remember Martin Shkreli? CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals who increased the cost of anti-Aids drug Daraprim from $13.50 to $750 a pill. The new Pharma azzwipe is Robert DiCrisci, CEO of NextSource Biotechnology who raised the price for Lomustine from $50 a capsule to $768. Lomustine is used to treat brain tumors, lung cancer and Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

John, get better soon.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Hang in there. A Half Pint still fill a full cup.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Hope it works.

On the wider point of cost, doesn’t your insurance pay? The German health system is often touted as being better than the NHS here. However my father’’s cancer drug costs $9000 every three weeks ( it is imported from the US) of which he pays nothing.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

It’s an interesting world we live in where some people Rich or poor pay nothing for health insurance while other people rich or poor have to pay exuberant costs.

When it comes to health care in our world it depends on a number of things, what country do you live in or you self-employed , If you do have an employer do they provide health insurance and if so is it top-of-the-line middle of the line or bottom of the line

Sometimes I feel that luck is not real other times I feel that it clearly is real When one looks at healthcare and other various issues in our world
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                      It’s an interesting world we live in where some people Rich or poor pay nothing for health insurance while other people rich or poor have to pay exuberant costs.
                      Oh people do pay for it - through the tax system - in Britain we have National Insurance which is paid by both employees and employers and is income determined
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Opps, I see that I may have been misleading in the op. I forgot my out of pocket cost. Euro 10. Damn system

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          Sadly, price gouging by big Pharma is nothing new. Remember Martin Shkreli? CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals who increased the cost of anti-Aids drug Daraprim from $13.50 to $750 a pill. The new Pharma azzwipe is Robert DiCrisci, CEO of NextSource Biotechnology who raised the price for Lomustine from $50 a capsule to $768. Lomustine is used to treat brain tumors, lung cancer and Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
                          Criminal

Comment

Opps, I see that I may have been misleading in the op. I forgot my out of pocket cost. Euro 10. Damn system
                            E10. Robbery!
                            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Where are our conservative members to tell us how EU is going o die because of leftist policies ?
                              There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X