A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question

Yes, this is one that should stump the Left entirely.

My ancestors immigrated to what was then Mexico in the early 1830's from Scotland and England. A few years later, they decided that Mexico's imposition of language, culture, and religion on them was unacceptable and revolted-- successfully forming the new nation of Texas. Texas a few years later joined the US as an independent nation, not a territory or state.

So, the questions are:

1. Am I the descendent of immigrants to the US?
    2. Am I of Hispanic descent?
    3. Does that now make me a minority?

That should make any Progressive's head explode.

1. All Americans are descendant of immigrants except for native americans.
    2. No.
    3. Your ethnicity is white which makes you part of the majority.

Stupid questions imo. Also your thread title is grammatically incorrect.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      2. No.

So, someone who is a descendent of persons that became US citizens within a country that joined the US are considered "immigrants?" How's that work? They didn't immigrate to the United States. They were citizens of the Republic of Texas and then became citizens of the United States.

Hispanic covers pretty much anyone who is from an area that was under Spanish or Portuguese (Brazil) control. Why wouldn't some one from the Mexican state of Texas be considered included?

So, all the Irish, German, and other European immigrants to South America or Central or Mexico who now speak Spanish, etc., and might have been there for generations are "White" and not Hispanic?

Comment

Speaking as a Native American, I am really the only person here qualified to answer your question.

1) No. You are an annexed Texican by descent. Your ancestors were part of an independent nation when their nation was taken in by the USA. That is the legal status of the time.

2) Yes. Skin color is not a factor.

3) Yes. Your antecedents are quite rare.Given the treatment of colonists to Texas pre-revolution, there is also a good argument to be made that you are legally in fact the descendant of slaves, much like the descendants of indentured Irish, Scottish, and Welsh servants brought to North America before the Revolution.

I'm sure there are racists who will disagree, but those are the facts.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I'm sure there are racists who will disagree, but those are the facts.
          I'm sure there are also racist who will agree with you.
          "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
          validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
          "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

My ancestors immigrated to what was then Mexico in the early 1830's from Scotland and England. A few years later, they decided that Mexico's imposition of language, culture, and religion on them was unacceptable and revolted-- successfully forming the new nation of Texas. Texas a few years later joined the US as an independent nation, not a territory or state.

So, the questions are:

Are you Belgian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgiu...xico_relations

In 1537, Belgians began Mexico's first brewery.[1] Starting in the 1830s, Belgian engineers worked in Mexico to build the first Mexican railroad with Belgian materials; there were even plans for a Nueva Bélgica, a colony to be built in Chihuahua.[2]

Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Comment

2. No.

Indians are also immigrants .

Comment

So, someone who is a descendent of persons that became US citizens within a country that joined the US are considered "immigrants?" How's that work? They didn't immigrate to the United States. They were citizens of the Republic of Texas and then became citizens of the United States.

Hispanic covers pretty much anyone who is from an area that was under Spanish or Portuguese (Brazil) control. Why wouldn't some one from the Mexican state of Texas be considered included?

So, all the Irish, German, and other European immigrants to South America or Central or Mexico who now speak Spanish, etc., and might have been there for generations are "White" and not Hispanic?
                The head of Tacktikill has explosed : it was breaking news at the Clinton News Network .

Comment

... Also your thread title is grammatically incorrect.
                  Pray tell inform us of the way it should have been written. Please.
                  ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                  IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

The thing is, a "native" American is anyone born in America. Thus, me, being born in Terre Haute, IN makes me a Native American. I didn't immigrate here. I'm a natural citizen. America is my native land.

But, yes, even the American Indians are descendants of immigrants. Not that these racist lefties will understand any of that.

BTW, TAG...very nice trap and kill there with your questions.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

Pray tell inform us of the way it should have been written. Please.
                      He asked several questions, not a singular one as the title indicates.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Are you Elizabeth Warren now? Judging by the information you have presented, your DNA results would indicate that you're absolutely not a minority.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Some are. Although if we apply that standard, everyone in Europe is also descended from immigrants, because of the great migrations of people in that region as well.

But TaG is definitely Hispanic. In racial profiling, the law of the land, it is based upon cultural factors and not skin tone.

This is important as Mexico has a size-able Chinese population dating back to the late 1800s
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

2. No.

So-called "native Americans" immigrated to this continent from elsewhere via the Bering land bridge.

In fact, anyone born in America is a "native American".

Comment

So, the questions are:

1. No. you immigrated to Mexico.
                              2. You already claim to be of Scottish-English descent.
                              3. If you are a white male, you are now officially a minority according the latest Census.
                              4. You voluntarily went to Mexico and then refused to assimilate and staged a revolution, yet you won't like it if the Muslims or the Mexicans do the same thing to you right here in America.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X