X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Ft Bliss!
    Yes!

Nice post, if you don't mind dying of heat exhaustion.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Your prejudices are showing.
      No, it's a crutch that is showing.

If you take the position that there is a huge conspiracy against you for no fault of your own, then you are free of all responsibility. Didn't get promoted? Racism. Can't keep a job? Racism. Not supporting your kids? Racism. In prison? Racism. Got a ticket? Racism. Evicted for non-payment of rent? Racism. Girlfriend left you? Racism.

That is why other minority groups with less time on the bottom have moved past the black community: because they accepted personal responsibility and applied themselves.

Sometime in the late 60s the civil rights movement for blacks changed from 'we shall overcome' into 'we are victims'.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

No, it's a crutch that is showing.

If you take the position that there is a huge conspiracy against you for no fault of your own, then you are free of all responsibility. Didn't get promoted? Racism. Can't keep a job? Racism. Not supporting your kids? Racism. In prison? Racism. Got a ticket? Racism. Evicted for non-payment of rent? Racism. Girlfriend left you? Racism.

That is why other minority groups with less time on the bottom have moved past the black community: because they accepted personal responsibility and applied themselves.

Sometime in the late 60s the civil rights movement for blacks changed from 'we shall overcome' into 'we are victims'.
        There is another factor that figures into the equation.
        “Group think” or “Group mentality”.
        The fact is, neither the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights guarantee group rights, only the rights of individuals, states and those of the federal government.
        There are those few African Americans who have become rich by exploiting other African Americans with inflammatory speeches, Al Sharpton comes to mind. But there are many successful African Americans, just everyday working Joe’s who get up every morning and go to work, some are professional white collar types, some are blue collar types, never set out to be famous, willingly put forth the effort to learn a trade.
        I know what our nemesis will say.
        ’Uncle Toms”.
        I think of them as neighbors and coworkers.
        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
        Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I'm of African descent and grew up in a black community and a mixed community. Will you take my insight? Of course not. The only insight you're interested in is from the 3% of blacks who don't care about racism. You don't favor her because of her perspective as a black woman, you favor her only because she echoes the same sentiments as you. So don't bring up her race as if it's some sort of meaningful factor to you. What's meaningful to you is that she's not interested in disrupting white supremacy.
          Whining and jealousy.
          Typical marxist,liberal and democrat attitude .

Comment

There is another factor that figures into the equation.
            “Group think” or “Group mentality”.
            The fact is, neither the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights guarantee group rights, only the rights of individuals, states and those of the federal government.
            There are those few African Americans who have become rich by exploiting other African Americans with inflammatory speeches, Al Sharpton comes to mind. But there are many successful African Americans, just everyday working Joe’s who get up every morning and go to work, some are professional white collar types, some are blue collar types, never set out to be famous, willingly put forth the effort to learn a trade.
            I know what our nemesis will say.
            ’Uncle Toms”.
            I think of them as neighbors and coworkers.
            If you look at it, you can see it in the Democratic Party approach to black Americans:

Before ACW: You are property
            1865-1950s: You are inferior.
            1950s-1960s: Separate but equal
            1960s-present: you are victims.

IMO the last has been the most devastating to the black community.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

If you look at it, you can see it in the Democratic Party approach to black Americans:

Before ACW: You are property
              1865-1950s: You are inferior.
              1950s-1960s: Separate but equal
              1960s-present: you are victims.

IMO the last has been the most devastating to the black community.
              You think that "victimhood", even if true, is more damaging to a community than being enslaved? Seriously?
              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• On a side note I've heard Julian Castro talking a few times now. He doesn't seem that bright. Am I missing something?
                "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

You think that "victimhood", even if true, is more damaging to a community than being enslaved? Seriously?
                  If you are convinced the only source of success for you and your family is through government programs, food stamps, subsidies for living quarters, and affirmative action programs because you are incapable of succeeding without government programs, you are being kept on the plantation.
                  Ask AJR how many Native Americans find success living on reservations.
                  Maybe 3%, the most successful Native Americans are those who leave the reservation, abandoning the government hand outs intended to destroy the human desire to be productive.
                  Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                    On a side note I've heard Julian Castro talking a few times now. He doesn't seem that bright. Am I missing something?
                    Julien Castro has advocated changing border jumping from a criminal to a civil offense. So, here's Jose sneaking into the US through a hole in the fence and instead of being arrested and held he's given a $50 ticket that he has 90 days to pay to the nearest county court and sent on his way. Like in 90 days he'll be easy to find when he doesn't show up in court. Granted, that's a pretty silly and far -fetched scenario but not so far from what could happen. With all the so-called security that we all have to undergo at airports through the TSA, Homeland Security, ICE, and a myriad of other similarly acronymed agencies the chance that even one or two illegals out of the thousands that every day cross our borders (and not just the southern border) may have the capacity to cause irreparable harm to the tax-paying and legal citizens of the USA causes me to ask, "just what the hell are you thinking, there, Hooliyan?"
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Whining and jealousy.
                      Typical marxist,liberal and democrat attitude .
                      Pointing out hypocrisy. The same hypocrisy that has been on display since the end of segregation.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

If you are convinced the only source of success for you and your family is through government programs, food stamps, subsidies for living quarters, and affirmative action programs because you are incapable of succeeding without government programs, you are being kept on the plantation.
                        Ask AJR how many Native Americans find success living on reservations.
                        Maybe 3%, the most successful Native Americans are those who leave the reservation, abandoning the government hand outs intended to destroy the human desire to be productive.
                        My what a low opinion of blacks you have to say that they think the only source of success is through welfare. Even more damning to think that blacks consider someone an uncle tom merely for being successful.

Amazingly ignorant, self-righteous and racist statements to make.
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

My what a low opinion of blacks you have to say that they think the only source of success is through welfare. Even more damning to think that blacks consider someone an uncle tom merely for being successful.

Amazingly ignorant, self-righteous and racist statements to make.
                          I never said anything remotely resembling what you claimed here. In fact, I didn’t even refer to African Americans. Try again this time read and comprehend what is being said before you jump to conclusions.

Comment

• and affirmative action programs
                            quake,quake,quake....QUAKE

Affirmative action in the United States is a set of laws, policies, guidelines and administrative practices "intended to end and correct the effects of a specific form of discrimination"[1] that include government-mandated, government-sanctioned and voluntary private programs. The programs tend to focus on access to education and employment, granting special consideration to historically excluded groups, specifically racial minorities or women.[1][2] The impetus toward affirmative action is redressing the disadvantages[3][4][5][6][7] associated with past and present discrimination.[8] Further impetus is a desire to ensure public institutions, such as universities, hospitals, and police forces, are more representative of the populations they serve.[9]
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• To answer your question, no, Beta O’Rourke is not a Clinton. He is an O’Rourke.
                              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                                quake,quake,quake....QUAKE

Affirmative action in the United States is a set of laws, policies, guidelines and administrative practices "intended to end and correct the effects of a specific form of discrimination"[1] that include government-mandated, government-sanctioned and voluntary private programs. The programs tend to focus on access to education and employment, granting special consideration to historically excluded groups, specifically racial minorities or women.[1][2] The impetus toward affirmative action is redressing the disadvantages[3][4][5][6][7] associated with past and present discrimination.[8] Further impetus is a desire to ensure public institutions, such as universities, hospitals, and police forces, are more representative of the populations they serve.[9]
                                Thank You John, it is rare that you would actually prove my point. I never implied nor stated specifically any race, I addressed behavior.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X