The Gift That Keeps On Giving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gift That Keeps On Giving.

Seems that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez might have been asleep during her American History Classes.
    From: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ale...i7Zezf5PCG7hF4

“When our party was boldest, the time of the New Deal, the Great Society, the Civil Rights Act and so on, we had, and carried, supermajorities in the House, in the Senate. We carried the presidency,” she told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes.

“They had to amend the Constitution of the United States to make sure (President Franklin D.) Roosevelt did not get reelected,” Ocasio-Cortez continued.

Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
    Seems that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez might have been asleep during her American History Classes.

“When our party was boldest, the time of the New Deal, the Great Society, the Civil Rights Act and so on, we had, and carried, supermajorities in the House, in the Senate. We carried the presidency,” she told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes.

“They had to amend the Constitution of the United States to make sure (President Franklin D.) Roosevelt did not get reelected,” Ocasio-Cortez continued.
    Yup. Definitely the epitome of Millennial education.

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post

She certainly makes a strong argument to end government run public education...

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I still don't like this focus on such an easy target.

What if she is a smoke-screen designed to keep us from seeing the stupidity of all the other lunatics on Capitol Hill?
          You know, like the ones that have tried to oder the Attny Gen to break the law?
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Seems AOC was right. The 22nd amendment was being put together over fear of a 16-year term.

Comment

Hahahaha, a Trump supporter claiming others are dumb. WOW!
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                  Seems AOC was right. The 22nd amendment was being put together over fear of a 16-year term.
                  The actual wording of the 22nd Amendment excludes the possibility that it could ever apply to FDR.
                  In other words, the Amendment she says was to keep him out of office explicitly excluded its being applied to him.
                  So, she is wrong.

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

As can be seen from the actual language, it specifically excludes any person holding office of president when the article was proposed . That was FDR so he was excluded.
                  Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

The actual wording of the 22nd Amendment excludes the possibility that it could ever apply to FDR.
                    In other words, the Amendment she says was to keep him out of office explicitly excluded its being applied to him.
                    So, she is wrong.

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

As can be seen from the actual language, it specifically excludes any person holding office of president when the article was proposed . That was FDR so he was excluded.
                    And that amendment was added in 1951, 6 years after FDRs death.

Comment

What is 6 for AOC : she has an IQ of 6 .

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

And all she had to do was read the amendment.
                        Or look up its timeline.
                        I don't expect her to know this stuff off the top of her head, but you would think she would have her staff check out some of this stuff.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Bingo!
                          Which is why once again AOC shows to be as dumb as a sack of rocks.
                          Injury to insult is same could be said of those whom voted for her and support her.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            What is 6 for AOC : she has an IQ of 6 .
                            Actually, an IQ of 5, which is why 6 won't register.

Comment

LOL!

I think that's my daughter on the left.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X