World Health Organization is insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Health Organization is insane

The WHO is now going to promote traditional Chinese medicine. This is a long revered form of pseudo-scientific (at best) quackery by locals using a variety of herbs and whatever along with unproven (read nutter) methods for curing "stuff." Yet, we're supposed to take these people seriously? What will they recommend next, psychic surgery?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06782-7

It works, so why not ? We already have the doctors who love the antibiotics and we get the resistance now.
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      The WHO is now going to promote traditional Chinese medicine. This is a long revered form of pseudo-scientific (at best) quackery by locals using a variety of herbs and whatever along with unproven (read nutter) methods for curing "stuff." Yet, we're supposed to take these people seriously? What will they recommend next, psychic surgery?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06782-7

I have copy of the Chinese Barefoot Doctor in my medical library collection. It provides full diagnostic information and treatment using either conventional medicines, or using the natural ingredients for which the preparation methods and dosage are provided. You would be surprised how much can be done with what Nature provides, and the Chinese are a couple of thousand years ahead of us in that area. Remember, too, that Chinese acupuncture actually works.

I suspect, however, that you are talking more about the Chinese "patent medicines" that have no proven efficacy, such as animal horn powder for impotency and that sort of thing.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I have copy of the Chinese Barefoot Doctor in my medical library collection. It provides full diagnostic information and treatment using either conventional medicines, or using the natural ingredients for which the preparation methods and dosage are provided. You would be surprised how much can be done with what Nature provides, and the Chinese are a couple of thousand years ahead of us in that area. Remember, too, that Chinese acupuncture actually works.

I suspect, however, that you are talking more about the Chinese "patent medicines" that have no proven efficacy, such as animal horn powder for impotency and that sort of thing.
        Along with such remedies as acupuncture, diet as a cure (eating like to your ailment such as upset stomach eating a stomach from say a cow...). So, they're in a sense going to advocate hokum as much as anything else here.

Comment

So, they're institutionalizing magic and sorcery now? Ah, good old WHO, looking out for the 3rd world shitholes as always.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Along with such remedies as acupuncture, diet as a cure (eating like to your ailment such as upset stomach eating a stomach from say a cow...). So, they're in a sense going to advocate hokum as much as anything else here.
            Acupuncture works. The military offers it at some of their facilities including the hospital at Fort Carson.

This isn't really a big deal - civilian HMO's have been hiring cunanderos to work with their South American patients for a long time now.

What we consider ordinary standard of care is totally foreign to large parts of the Earth's population.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X