Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the government you think can protect you from violence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

That is awful.
    And unfortunately, there really isn't much anyone can do.
    The guy was clearly out of his mind and not very concerned with obeying any laws.
    That one has stuck with me for twenty years.

The thing is, people see abusers as these violent, evil men, when in fact they are deeply frightened, frustrated people who, on the inside, are deeply bewildered by the world. They cope by controlling some aspect of their life, normally a relationship with a SO.

That is their anchor, their navigation point in a world of storm.

Frequently, if you can isolate the victim, the abuser will seek out another anchor and move on.

But some simply cannot face a rudder-less life, which is why so many are murder-suicides.

I'm not defending the abusers, I am simply explaining their mindset. When a man decides that his life is over and sets out for his last act of defiance in the face of a world that has, in his mind, oppressed him his entire life, there is no legal act which will deter him. At that point he is nothing more than a weapon.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

That one has stuck with me for twenty years.

The thing is, people see abusers as these violent, evil men, when in fact they are deeply frightened, frustrated people who, on the inside, are deeply bewildered by the world. They cope by controlling some aspect of their life, normally a relationship with a SO.

That is their anchor, their navigation point in a world of storm.

Frequently, if you can isolate the victim, the abuser will seek out another anchor and move on.

But some simply cannot face a rudder-less life, which is why so many are murder-suicides.

I'm not defending the abusers, I am simply explaining their mindset. When a man decides that his life is over and sets out for his last act of defiance in the face of a world that has, in his mind, oppressed him his entire life, there is no legal act which will deter him. At that point he is nothing more than a weapon.
      Good post AJR. Trying to identify triggers are important but as in your case doesnít happen overnight, but through experience.
      Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
      Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X